BC 5-4 New Big Track Round II

Moto 11 and I got the chance to hit up BC for the first time this year during their Saturday open practice last weekend.
As expected by BC standards, the track was in great shape and many-many FAST guys were already hammering by the time we got there around 12:00.

The new sections are cool. I like the rollers heading towards the big table-top and think they could be even “bigger and rolly-er”. After things wore in a little and the track firmed up a bit, I saw some guys jumping through them two-two.

I like the two-line choice in the new right-hand turn after the fast right sweeper. In the beginning of the day most people were taking the outside line around the sweeper and then continuing on the outside around the Waller. By day’s end, the outside was bombed out and the inside became the line of choice. That then put us up and over the Waller and then into the turn. Both choices worked well and gave great charging / passing opportunities.

The double coming up to the triple is ok….it’s something to race up too, then try to get back down early to drop the hammer for the triple.

I like the new step-off after the tunnel step-up. I was spooked at first but pulled the trigger on it twice after watching others huck it nicely. I never felt confident clearing the step-up so that would give me that little bounce that would then kill my drive for the step-off. I’ll get that bugger cleaner next time……

The turn after the step-off is nice as well. Not sure on theSuper Berm though….I never really went up it. The section leading up to it is slow enough that there’s no need to climb the berm. For bikes, staying low on the inside is the way to go.

The track stayed in great shape and we rode until our bodies were sore.

On the way home, we both had that knowing smile of appreciation……the knowing smile that BC is big fun and rarely disappoints.
Last Sat. was another one of those days…..Thanks!

I am nixing the super berm, its just not meant to be on that track. I have a much much cooler idea for that area, I know everyone has heard that before, but trust me, you will dig.

I like the new step-off after the tunnel step-up. I was spooked at first but pulled the trigger on it twice after watching others huck it nicely. I never felt confident clearing the step-up so that would give me that little bounce that would then kill my drive for the step-off. I’ll get that bugger cleaner next time……

Track was its normal awesomeness on Sunday. Just the right amount of riders on the A track where a vet rider could try to get a little faster.

I have to disagree on the step off. At first glance...it didn't bother me a bit and just ran straight off the lip knowing I would land short...no biggie. Wrong! The dirt swallowed me up and felt like I broke both wrists! I vote for a small lip at the top of the take off or the landing to be a little closer for safety. Saw quite a few people going around or coming up way short...

Most obstacles at the Cliff are big but safe enough so that one can work their way up to get over it...but not this one. Maybe I should just stay on the C track...but then how will I ever get any better?

Just my 2 cents

Is the step-off tough? Yes. A little tricky? You bet!
Just blast off of it without a care?.....No effin way!!!!! That’s a “G” out into soft dirt..... You’ll be talking like tweedy-bird for a week.
It spooked me too, but it’s the “A” track, not every obstacle should be comfortable to Vet rides on their maiden voyage.
You’re a good rider Vince….you’ll get it clean. Just give it another week or two to firm up a bit.

The track stayed in great shape and we rode until our bodies were sore.

On the way home, we both had that knowing smile of appreciation……the knowing smile that BC is big fun and rarely disappoints.

Last Sat. was another one of those days…..Thanks!

I agree Sharc. I had a good weekend. Broke up the riding into two days. Got the bike running awesome with a main jet increase for my last ride Sunday. Was fixing to hit the step off and finish line jump in my next ride, but the forearms were spent from not hitting them. ;)

I like the track, but echo some of the comments on the step off in that the landing need be longer coming back to the take off and/or closer for those not hitting it like a man should. ;) Your comment on the rollers Sharc, I'm not so certain though. Have to consider prep, repair, and rebuild time at some point. Besides, I wasn't getting through them all that well. Better late Sunday. Oh, and I thought the double before the uphill triple was way cool! Nice floater to take a break, loosen up, before hitting the gas for an uphill 3 bump fly over. Did a cowboy after landing the uphill triple short before I got the jetting right. ;) You did have to back 'er down though or over jumping was an issue to an extent on the double before. Not too bad though even then...

I thought the triple doubles took a little getting used to as the first had no kick, second kicked a little, and the last seemed in the middle of the two. No issues once you come to expect it though. Nose high, panic rev, somewhere in between turned into rear brake tap, blip the lip, brake tape/shift it down and lean 'er over after a few laps...

Tell you where I over jump into a pit of goo was to the left side of the table? before the double-double before finish line. Got me a handfull of gas and flew to the left. Had to pull off to get the goo that packed into my shift lever. Was no shifting after that near get off... Other than the little diff on the ruts before the Rupelator Rollers (of which I got laughed at before be asked, "You OK?" :) It was funny. I giggled too) I had nothing, but two wheels down all weekend!! Starting to feel it again...still thinking 450, but digging the 250 smoker...

JO will make it work. It's early! Only second practice, well, actually 4th practice day with one race, but only 3rd practice on new track.

Here's to Tuesdays!! Laters!!

Track was its normal awesomeness on Sunday. Just the right amount of riders on the A track where a vet rider could try to get a little faster.

I have to disagree on the step off. At first glance...it didn't bother me a bit and just ran straight off the lip knowing I would land short...no biggie. Wrong! The dirt swallowed me up and felt like I broke both wrists! I vote for a small lip at the top of the take off or the landing to be a little closer for safety. Saw quite a few people going around or coming up way short...

Most obstacles at the Cliff are big but safe enough so that one can work their way up to get over it...but not this one. Maybe I should just stay on the C track...but then how will I ever get any better?

Just my 2 cents

The landing will continue to brought up in stages, that jump will better every time you ride it, I'm fairly certain. I have been through new track changes many many times now. It will get better history shows us this.

The landing will continue to brought up in stages, that jump will better every time you ride it, I'm fairly certain. I have been through new track changes many many times now. It will get better history shows us this.

:)

Oh, and in all the excitement I forgot to mention it was nice seeing you, and other PitRacer regulars Saturday. Too bad I couldn't/didn't moto with you. Working on that. This season it will happen... ;)

Back