speaking of mini parents.....

Coombs own racerX and built mxsports on mini racing. I can see why they wouldn't publish your article. It may be true but it's bad for business. They need the mini parents racing competitively week in and week out. And they need them dedicated to mx, not to multiple sports.....

joel try transworld mx....

Yes very true and I understand how it works, was not shocked at all when it happened...I know Tim from Virtual Trainer and try and write articles for him when I get some time to do so...my point is, everyone can still race and chase dreams, just would be nice to hear of less Villopoto, Millsaps, Alessi, and Izzi stories when they don't need happen...

Zman

PR Addict
All i have to say is hats off to z man and others. I am whipped from getting two bikes a trailer and stuff for the 50 cc debut of nick. 1 st of mini i hope. Oh many.

It is a challenge Double D. Like I have said, this is why I decided to take this year off and dedicate it to his last 50 year. Good luck Double D and riders! The fun times are about to roll...you wll be doing air filters forever...or at least it seems so to me.

Mosher

PR Founding Father
If any of you see any abuse, I don't care how slight, AND I'm the referee, bring it to me. I have ZERO tolerance for it. The children don't deserve it. I don't care who the hell the parents think they are.

Double D

PR Founding Father
How? It was everywhere this weekend. Dads screaming at there kids...... Only Rambo could take them all on at once! He drew first blood! Adriane!!!!

We were on this subject at the Mini track Saturday. We found the parents that race are not the abusers, but the supporters with positive re-enforcement.
The guy that never raced is the guy to watch out for. I could not believe my ears.....I was expecting it though.. been around enough.

If any of you see any abuse, I don't care how slight, AND I'm the referee, bring it to me. I have ZERO tolerance for it. The children don't deserve it. I don't care who the hell the parents think they are.

Lotts24

PR Elite
I agree that it's mostly the parents that don't race. I hate seeing a parent yell at their kid for not doing a jump. I have seen this from people I know and I have offered them my bike and gear to go do it first. It's easy to sit on the sidelines and watch everyone else do it and think it looks easy. It doesn't replace coming up to it on your bike and seeing what it really looks like. Of course the parent never takes me up on my offer as they have a bazillion excuses why they can't ride.

My dad was hard on me to do well, but never yelled at me. I remember racing at pine lake back in the day and there was this double I wouldn't do. I kept casing it and he said if you just get over it it will be a lot smoother. He was encouraging me and knew I would be ok, he ran around the pits trying to find extra practice tickets so I could go out again to get it down. After a bunch of practices and through racing I never did the jump. Lap after lap I cased it and it ended up putting a small crack in my frame. He had to fix my frame and still never yelled at me for not doing it.

Meister

PR Founding Father

Right there with you. I was standing right by Hershey for the follow up of it all. When the kid rode up, I told him he was riding awesome and under the circumstances, he was! Hersheyhwy did offer his brand new rmz to the father to try it out n see if he did any better. He declined.

If my old man yelled at me like that, Ida replied in similar fashion and I woulda quit riding. My old man was brutally honest sometimes, which looking back is exactly what some situations called for, but it was all in constructive criticism or a suggestive manner. He wouldnt say things just to be a dick.