Crow Canyon MX Track Preview 2013

few pics from today before boy's bike died. 001.jpg003.jpg020.jpg029.jpg005.jpg022.jpg

Looks like he must have changed the finish line jump from last time. It still looks like a monster but not monster death if you come up short.

There were some super fast 50 riders jumping to the table on the finish line and 60 riders clearing the whole thing! It was awesome to watch right in front of everyone!

You are showing your age here Brock, they are 65's now. Have been for over a decade now! Lol. You guys did a great job with the track! Zack loved it.

That's so funny I raced Lorettas on an air cooled 60, open face helmet, and a pair of Scott goggles with a full face rock guard. Thanks so much for the help! Zack is gonna be a little speed demon for sure! Good luck and dig deep into that wallet lol.

Good day of racing today and I didn't see anyone get hurt. It will take me a couple days to get the photo's up, like most others here I have a day career and that always comes first.

Track was awesome. I really enjoyed it. A little disappointed on the turn out for the race. But the combined classes, no staggered gates, and we were done by 3:30. I got home earlier than if I had gone to Greenville an hour and 15 minutes away.

Thanks, I was ready for some people to complain about combining classes and only one gate fall but it makes way more sence to race 15 guys than 6 or so. Everyone came to race and that's what we did and it made spectating so much better! All in all we had a good safe day and I am whipped! I thought 30 plus 2 was hard for MX haha. Now time to put the effort into Beans for the July 6th Saturday night race, Firework show, and whip contest!!!

Even US quad guys were happy. Brock was working like a dog. Ya'all put on a good show. Only thing that I think needs fixed is to remove the trees before the finish line so more people can see the whole track. Great Job Brock and Crow associates...

Thanks, I was ready for some people to complain about combining classes and only one gate fall but it makes way more sence to race 15 guys than 6 or so. Everyone came to race and that's what we did and it made spectating so much better! All in all we had a good safe day and I am whipped! I thought 30 plus 2 was hard for MX haha. Now time to put the effort into Beans for the July 6th Saturday night race, Firework show, and whip contest!!!

One gate drop did not bother me too much. I would ask the Vet Sport guys that were racing 40+. I know the previous talk was they did not want guys jumping when they were not jumping. I had psycho boy (open C) next to me on the gate for 2nd moto. Guy was bouncing up and down on the bike, jerking his arms and hands around, reving the motor on his bike, lol. He was driving me crazy being next to him........I blew my start the second moto (not blaming psyco boy). It is not a perfect world, but the one drop is better than some alternatives, and I am all for shorting the day and number of gate drops.

AMS two weeks ago, dropped the gate for many 4 and 5 man motos. They even dropped the gate for ONE quad to go out there and run 4 laps by himself (yes, I am serious). They had like 25 motos. They need to take a lesson from Brock, and just combine some stuff, and score separate.

Not sure who the fellows were that got us a tube for my son's 50 but thank you!!! It would have sucked to come 2.5 hours and not get to race both bikes. The track was great and the and they did not lose it, was also nice that they let the 50's go before the quads....the kids had to work for it and it looked like they all did a great job!! Wish the turn out would of been better for Brock but maybe next time...........glad we came!!!

That is so funny! I've seen so many guys over the years hit them selves in the head screaming and bouncing around. They never got good starts either. I would usually cut them off after the jump and do a little yelling myself lol. I've got some cool ideas in the future of how I want to change the face of racing like LESS CLASSES!!!!!! I can't stand having 32 classes. It drives me nuts. When we went over schedule it had been so long since I did any local race stuff I about fell off my chair. 10 Quad classes???? We need to get back to some fuller gates and if the classes get full well then sweet. Having a 42 man gate is useless for most tracks so lets shorten the classes and add more laps! Just my thoughts!!! It would help out promoters and everyone else cut expenses down to put more money into events. I do have to say I really enjoy watching some of the Quads tear it up. Some local fast guys for sure.

Nice job this weekend! The boy enjoyed the track and we enjoyed the view. The view of the holeshot from the stands is cool. Staff/flaggers did a great job! I gotta thank your furthest away flagger in the back corner for taking care of the kid after his get-off. Of course I was the most possible furthest away when he flipped. I felt I was running at incredible speed, like a Gazelle or perhaps a cheetah. Evidently not, I think they had a sandwich together by the time I got there. Me: "Is he ok?) Flagger: "he's good, the question is, how are you?) lol. Thanks again! For the record I was wearing seal skinned cowboy boots, jeans and my trusty 10 gallon hat. I could have been faster without the hat. Matt.

Brock, when you are in need of more chips dumped shoot me a message. You may want to stockpile soon for next year, as I don't have any work scheduled for that area in 2014.

Back