Crow Canyon MX Track Preview 2013

Nice job this weekend! The boy enjoyed the track and we enjoyed the view. The view of the holeshot from the stands is cool. Staff/flaggers did a great job! I gotta thank your furthest away flagger in the back corner for taking care of the kid after his get-off. Of course I was the most possible furthest away when he flipped. I felt I was running at incredible speed, like a Gazelle or perhaps a cheetah. Evidently not, I think they had a sandwich together by the time I got there. Me: "Is he ok?) Flagger: "he's good, the question is, how are you?) lol. Thanks again! For the record I was wearing seal skinned cowboy boots, jeans and my trusty 10 gallon hat. I could have been faster without the hat. Matt.

Brock, when you are in need of more chips dumped shoot me a message. You may want to stockpile soon for next year, as I don't have any work scheduled for that area in 2014.

After myself and Mike Kozura saw Jack get up and appear to be okay - We got your wife calmed down by making jokes about YOU! By the time you got there we were all cracking up and she was snapping pictures of you running...NEED TO POST THEM BABIES! I don't know about the whole gazelle/cheeta thing...more like a big a*s hump-back gorilla! LOL! Now, the other kids dad was rollin!

That is so funny! I've seen so many guys over the years hit them selves in the head screaming and bouncing around. They never got good starts either. I would usually cut them off after the jump and do a little yelling myself lol. I've got some cool ideas in the future of how I want to change the face of racing like LESS CLASSES!!!!!! I can't stand having 32 classes. It drives me nuts. When we went over schedule it had been so long since I did any local race stuff I about fell off my chair. 10 Quad classes???? We need to get back to some fuller gates and if the classes get full well then sweet. Having a 42 man gate is useless for most tracks so lets shorten the classes and add more laps! Just my thoughts!!! It would help out promoters and everyone else cut expenses down to put more money into events. I do have to say I really enjoy watching some of the Quads tear it up. Some local fast guys for sure.

Right now i would say there are at least 8 classes not performing up to our expectations.......hard decsions could lie ahead this fall. I feel the same as Brock, there are two many classes. We felt as though we should give everyone the opportunity to support whatever class they threw at us this year, we we tried some things, unless business picks up in some areas there will be some cuts.

One gate drop did not bother me too much. I would ask the Vet Sport guys that were racing 40+. I know the previous talk was they did not want guys jumping when they were not jumping. I had psycho boy (open C) next to me on the gate for 2nd moto. Guy was bouncing up and down on the bike, jerking his arms and hands around, reving the motor on his bike, lol. He was driving me crazy being next to him........I blew my start the second moto (not blaming psyco boy). It is not a perfect world, but the one drop is better than some alternatives, and I am all for shorting the day and number of gate drops.

AMS two weeks ago, dropped the gate for many 4 and 5 man motos. They even dropped the gate for ONE quad to go out there and run 4 laps by himself (yes, I am serious). They had like 25 motos. They need to take a lesson from Brock, and just combine some stuff, and score separate.

Had to be this guy...

993020_10200884377768382_517150249_n.jpg

Thanks! Bring on the chips they are amazing when it comes to good dirt. Every section that started getting dust from our last practice we had a few weeks ago I added chips to and they were great. I used the entire front pile lol. By th way I ran up and down that dang hill 100 plus times the Saturday and Sunday and I'm paying the price today lol

Back