Motocross getting soft

SO just something Ive noticed this year more than any other years is that with a little rain tracks are canceling the races due to rain or possible rain....why is this hmmmm?? I understand yes ok you dont wanna lose money if ppl dont show or ppl bitching about this and that but come on its motocross!! they arent going to reschedule a LLQer due to rain because you should be able to handle some slop if your trying for lorettas. Dont think Ive ever heard or seen a Pro race canceled due to rain. I understand this is a amateur level but come on if we wanted to do a pussy sport we would play football or baseball or "A SPORT THAT REQUIRES ONLY ONE BALL" "MOTOCROSS TAKES TWO" ......Might of seen that saying some where. But with that said maybe we should think or going back to the roots of it see who is real about the sport and will race no matter what. I for one always enjoyed a good slop fest once in a while it switched the whole race up because just cause you can go fast on perfectly groomed tracks dont mean your s**t if that plan goes out the window. With that said Have a nice day.......TrackRater101 out PEACE

I rode my share of mud races in my younger days. At this point in my life, and in my sons life, MX is a hobby for me. It is supposed to be fun for me. NOTHING about going racing in the mud is fun to me any longer. It is hard on my body (I have a blown disc), it destroys equipment (that's very expensive these days), and is extremely hard on motorcycles. And for what?? You go to a mud race, and are most people really racing? Its more survival than it is racing at our level.

As for the tracks.......well, they have a lot of expensive fixed cost in their business models. Many of those cost are the same if they have 100 riders or 300. Plus mud races destroy their tracks also, and cause them more time and money in fuel etc. to get the track back in shape for the next race. So at the end of the day, the $$$ make their decision. If your going to lose money so 60 guys can go slide around in the mud is it worth it?

I believe the Seattle SX had the track covered in plastic prior to the SX this year.......those Pu%$ies. I remember in the 80s and 90s they never covered the tracks before the races.

Go ride somewhere today if you like the mud. But when I am paying the bills for two riders and three bikes, I am not going to tear up all my equipment, and have all the headaches of cleaning up afterwards for a piece of plastic or a gas card. The ROI is not there for me.

ummmm...maybe it has to do with business. A track needs money to survive and pay its bills. Tracks spend thousands on fuel and equipment to prepare a track. Holding an event that would ruin all that work and investment is not good business. Especially when the crowd that would have shown up wouldn't have come close to paying for the fuel and equipment to redo the track....let alone the personal commitments that it took to build in the first place.

I would take one brain over two balls any day, and keep my track open.

THIS GUY SOUNDS LIKE A TOOL LOL on some aspects I agree with riding in the mud sometimes is fun though. Im thinking this is goin to be a couple pager topic haha

THIS GUY SOUNDS LIKE A TOOL LOL on some aspects I agree with riding in the mud sometimes is fun though. Im thinking this is goin to be a couple pager topic haha

My guess is he is a first or second year C class rider. I've been to this rodeo way too many times.

Yeah idk it's funny no one can be happy just drama. I was hopen to ride this weekend but even of some tracks were open my rear tire is gone so mud riding would be a bad idea lol

SO just something Ive noticed this year more than any other years is that with a little rain tracks are canceling the races due to rain or possible rain....why is this hmmmm?? I understand yes ok you dont wanna lose money if ppl dont show or ppl bitching about this and that but come on its motocross!! they arent going to reschedule a LLQer due to rain because you should be able to handle some slop if your trying for lorettas. Dont think Ive ever heard or seen a Pro race canceled due to rain. I understand this is a amateur level but come on if we wanted to do a pussy sport we would play football or baseball or "A SPORT THAT REQUIRES ONLY ONE BALL" "MOTOCROSS TAKES TWO" ......Might of seen that saying some where. But with that said maybe we should think or going back to the roots of it see who is real about the sport and will race no matter what. I for one always enjoyed a good slop fest once in a while it switched the whole race up because just cause you can go fast on perfectly groomed tracks dont mean your s**t if that plan goes out the window. With that said Have a nice day.......TrackRater101 out PEACE

kenworthys cancelled twice due to rain......just sayin.

Not only did Kenworthys cancel it cost Ryan Hughs a national MX championship. Grant Langston was at my house along with Chad Reed, Ivan Tedesco, Josh Hanson, David Pingree and a hand full of other pros when Davi Coombs called my house and told me to tell Grant he was the champion! Crazy but it did happen. So we went out and bought 8 110s and had super moto racing at my house in the rain. Ruined my property bad, but it was fun.

I think racing has changed largely due to economy. Their is flat out not as many racers showing up and promoters have less ability to take financial risks just like us common folk. Everyone has to consider more deeply how they spend their money in these times. Dollars mean more than ten years ago. I remember working at Malvern 10 years ago when it had close to 30 races and 300-400 riders showed consistently. The track was only groomed once. Folks also want more bang for their buck and expect premium riding conditions. Jason for example has the highest risk as a promoter in our area as nearly his entire livelihood depends in income from the race tracks now that he left his successful excavating business. It's just plain tougher now-a-days for everyone financially. Consider all small businesses, it's not easy. Taxes are higher as well and money is harder to come by. Decisions about riding/racing are more difficult for everyone from top to bottom. Heck, even some quad riders are switching to bikes because it is less expensive. If you let the lack of riding ruin your day, then your priorities are out of line. Yes, I love riding, but can surely do without it. I would still be able to have joy on my life. Maybe their isn't an all knowing answer to this...it's just plain tough in these times for many reasons.

Heres my theory...The original poster probably doesn't pay for his own stuff..

Or, shut up, buy a race track, and run the thing the way YOU want. Let us know how that works out for ya!

You do realize the OP has an extremely low post count. Probably is one of us with a new identity....... bigshow521?

Trackrater101....really?

@Brock...I heard some stories from that day...someone running naked down 39?...stopping motorists to pick a fight? LOL!

Haha yea Hanson and Tedesco were outa control. Hanson was running down 39 naked outside the Red Onion. Grant Langtons wife left the freezer open and ruined half a cow and they were so drunk Cad Reed came and woke me up telling me the basement was flooded cause someone ripped the water line off the icemaker. I made more money back then so I didn't mind so much lol.

Do you even ride a dirt bike?

Call MX Sports and ask them why they rescheduled the qualifier at Tomahawk this year?

Back