Hey Quad Guys!

Man, this guy from the 809 area code is tempting to try...

I talked to him on the phone, he sounds legit. Said I could even transfer the money from my pay pal to my bank account and then wait until it clears and I can put cash in my hand before I ship the quad.. I talked to pay pal, they said if I did it this way, once I have the cash in my hand, there is no way he can come after me for that money.

It got even more weird tho.. He asked if I had more pics and then I said yes. He asked me to a number that had a NYC area code. He said his phone will not accept pics because it is on roaming while in the states. Says his sister studies in parson, NY and he is currently with her. Then he txts me from that number..

Contemplating opening a new bank account, a new pay pal, with a new email, and giving it a go.. Or should I just go for it with my regular pay pal? The guy at pay pal said I was safe.

IF you get money in your bank account you are golden....I say go for it ONCE you get the money.

Looks like Pro-Am rider Brett Musick and his Ellis Motorsports group is coming which includes National B class winner Alec Miller...
I think we need a "mini quad" DAD race! ON THE MINIs! Bring it on Nitro boy! LOL!
I bet Ty Templeton and Corey Powers (National C class winners) may show up too.
Lol! I can't ride those death traps!

im not sure it is at this point. found his facebook. he has also bought a quad from baldwin and buys all his parts through baldwin. is also paypal verified and has good feedback on ebay. we'll see!

I mean... normally I would write SCAM allover this... But from what you told me and everything, it seems more on the legit side of it. Still risky, but if paypal told you that once funds hit your account your OK, then I'd say your ok.

Scammers usually arent sending you any money, they trick you with fake emails into giving up your info/passwords and such, or bad checks. If you log into your paypal (from paypal.com not some bullshit link) and you got the money, I'd imagine you're good to go.

If anything, tell him you'd be most comfortable doing it through ebay.

List it, let him make the offer, and buy through there. You will get hit with a s**t ton of fees, cost you more money... but maybe he will understand and be willing to split that with you.

This gives you some protection as the seller, and gives him protection as the buyer, and if theres any issues, they get to sort it all out. HOnestly that's probably what I'd do.

Back