Classes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw a few guys arguing today at dirtworld...they were arguing over whether "slower" vet riders should run with A&B riders... Now I'm new to the boards and no genius but why would "slower" riders be out with riders going for money? I agree with the one guy who said vet should have their own Moto and run separately from A/B
I believe the Moto was
Pro Open
Open B
Vet 30 ABC... C riders with A?

Lets stop the 10 pager now before it starts. It was a good call. You had a/b and vet riders on the track. All were more than capable of riding/racing safely.

The fluff was made by a riders mechanic. That rider didn't do so well and he was afraid of jumping on vet riders? He didn't catch any to lap. End of story.

There was nothin unsafe about today.

And the class was vet 30. Not abc. Don't be adding suffixes where there shouldn't be. It wasnt vet sport class! Vet sport is the c class for vets!!!!

Regardless of how my son did is not the point. The point was why in the world would you run A-B with Vet? After all the bitching I did Jarrott{?} decided to make the right call and give vets their own moto. Not sure what the problem was there. A-B got to run 5-7 laps as well, Not sure what the problem with that was.

Most VET riders usually have a job to go to on Monday and the last thing they need is young A-B riders going at an end up getting in the way. Just saying If a vet rider goes down and 2-3 A riders are racing for money and come up on a vet rider. Do you really think they give crap he has to work Monday? Hell NO!!!!!!!

So lets go to moto 2 your OMA (organized my ass) president decides to go back to the way is was supposed to be. Why? Because he told me "I want to go home". So I asked how many laps this time. Quote "go til you see checkers" WTF answer is that. He also said. and I quote "if it was a GNCC all riders run together". Unless I missed the woods section it was a motorcross event. Instead of butting in where he didn't belong because Jarrott had it covered he should have been helping promote OMA instead of hurting it..

I told him never in PAMX would they run A_B with Vet. He laughed and said Jeff Cernic has no clue, Really? I think you all may want to check turnouts at PAMX compared to OMA. I hope OMA does well so some PA riders have some more places to ride but I seriously doubt it will

I have no problem with DIRTWORLD at all. Shane and his crew did a great job.

The bottom line is the there is a Vet Sport, which is viewed as a C Class, therefore, there shouldnt have been any c riders in that 30+ class, and if there were they are a hell of alot smarter than you think they are, and they know to move over and get out of the way of faster riders. I am still floored that it was a mini dad of an Open B rider complaining about being in with the 30+ guys, after watching the moto your concerns of jumping on a 30+ guy are way out of line. I dont think that would happen. Now getting taken out in the first corner, thats valid. But heck that could happen in Open B or 250 b anyway.

Regardless, you are leaving out one very important piece of information, there were like 6-8 in each class, why would we pass up an opportunity to run them all together so everyone could get home? We were done by 3:45, it wouldnt have happened if we had 6 extra gate drops and only a couple staggers. The only thing you have right is that you area bitcher. That i am sure of.

I will chime in tomorrow. Literally just walked in the door 5 minutes ago. I am super whooped. I apologize for any of my shortcomings. Everyone get some rest...I know I am. Overall good and challenging weekend. Thank you everyone from riders, to spectators to DirtWorld!!! Thank you Z-man for your other posts, I will chime in on them too after a good nights rest and day of 85 degree concrete! I love you folks and moto! Brap!!!

Why did you butt in period? You Asked Jarrott to run your events and you couldnt wait to kick his authority to the curb to fuel your big ego. Trust me I am no way new here. Just so you have some idea of how new I am

1980-1983 85 racer
1985-1993 quad A rider
96-99 Jetskis
99- now Parent of 3 racers

So I do know a little bit.

IMO dirtworld is plenty big enough to let the faster guys get away from the slower, and lapping them probably isnt an issue either. as pointed out.. there is a slower vet "sport" class..maybe THEN there is a valid argument..but most of the +30 guys move plenty good enough for a safe clean race

Last thing for tonight...just to be clear, I knocked hard on OMA's door back in November and December. I volunteered for this war front...no pun, that's what it is for now as the OMA shapes up. For all this to work...we need honesty, accountability and humility. Now time for a hot shower and some zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz'sss. Good night.

Hows the popcorn?

Not one race that i have been to this year has the +30 class showed any signs of C life. Infact, the races ive been to, the top few +30 riders would give most of the local A/B riders a run for their money.
Vet Sport is where the Vet C riders are, rightfully so, and that class does have its limitations as to what other classes it can ride with. Vet 30 usually has riders that are some of the fastest at the tracks.

If were talking a pro supercross track, ok. We are talking jumps that I bet most C riders and 80 riders hit.

I've raced plenty of cernic ran events and I recall some real late nights on Sunday. Not fun. Not taking anything away from cernic, just an observation from experience.

I dont think any A rider with a brain is going to risk landing on anyone, specially at a local event. They probably ride with the same mentality of the vet 25 and vet 30 riders due to wanting to be able to ride the next weekend and work on Monday.

Just a ramble, sorry.

I've raced plenty of cernic ran events and I recall some real late nights on Sunday
Um wonder why. Maybe because he gets 250 riders? WHY does he get that many? Because he knows what the hell he is doing. Jeff has his flaws but track promoting and SAFETY is second to none

OH BTW before moto order was printed 40 plus was supposed to be in that moto as well. SO now it would have been A-B 40 and 30 plus. The reason it was not because of a bike share.
Oh yeah that's brilliant

Meh I can take it or leave it. We're talking about a gate drop of maybe 15 well-experienced riders. I ran openB and am alive and well to go into work tomorrow too with the rest of em.

The point was why in the world would you run A-B with Vet? After all the bitching I did Jarrott{?} decided to make the right call and give vets their own moto. Not sure what the problem was there. A-B got to run 5-7 laps as well, Not sure what the problem with that was.

The first problem: Dads like you who walk all over Jarrod. The kid is super nice and tries to make everyone happy and people like you walk all over him and stomp him face first in the ground and he takes it, gets back up and apologizes. He shouldn't be apologizing.

OMA sign up girls are the best in business. They take every opportunity to Stagger classes when available. If Hershey didn't run the 40 class you bet your assless chaps it would of been 'Open Pro, Open B, Vet 30, Vet 40.' Lining up for moto 1. Connie and Amy have been doing this crap just as long as your mild list of whatever the heck you would call credentials....
1980-1983 85 racer
1985-1993 quad A rider
96-99 Jetskis
99- now Parent of 3 racers

...credentials.....who cares man.
Why did you butt in period? You Asked Jarrott to run your events and you couldnt wait to kick his authority to the curb to fuel your big ego.

He didn't "butt in." He went into stick up for his gate man that everyone walks all over. And sometimes someone higher up than Jarrod needs to get down to the gate and settle the BS by putting his foot down. That's what JO does. That's why he's pivotal in the OMA and that's why Briarcliff and the entire organization is such a huge success already in the inaugural year!!!!!!!!!

It's Connies and Amy's job to fill those gates as best they can. Start your own Organization and run it how you want. This not only goes directly to you Rick but to everyone else who bitches/whines and complains about anything dealing with the running order.

I've never griped about back to back motos. I have someone hold up there hand on the gate and come right back to it. As everyone else should if that happens. Because guess what? This is motocross.......this stuff happens.

What do you people want? To have the promoter crucified on pitracer because the race day took until 7pm? Or let our wonderful girls in sign up do their job that they make seem so freaking easy and get everybody out by 4pm?

PEOPLE DONT WANT TO BE AT A TRACK ALL DAY. TO CUT DOWN ON THIS WE NEED LESS GATE DROPS, LESS GRIPING AND MORE RIDING.

don't get me wrong it didn't get bad second moto but when they run 40 and 30 vet with my class (B) there is always that one rider that gets the holeshot on me and comes back to me all mad because he got in my way and needed to charge forward so i needed to shove. don't get me wrong i had fun and stayed safe but even for spectators its grab when they run the open a and b together and 250 a and b together cause it is 2 exciting classes. cernic does an outstanding job as well i don't know where that comment came from

I never stomped on Jarrod. Your Pres did that in riders meeting. My son and Jarrod dug out the gate together last night, wife gave him coffee, and etc, so screw you.

OMA sign up girls are the best in business.

Explain moto 7 to Me Georgie Schoolboy, Vet Sport and Super MINI. 85 riders with 250s oh yeah that's smart

With attitudes like yours OMA will never have to worry about late Sundays

The riders are over in OHIO. Remember OIR with Hands running it. 400-500 riders.Oh wait they had no idea either cause they went late sundays

Explain to me a lap in seconds at dirtworld.

Explain to me the lap times of our supermini riders today...
Explain to me the laps times of our Schoolboy riders today...

Doesn't matter anyway. We can't win. We run Vet sport with C class.......oh no can't do that. So we run them with some safer classes........nope can't do that. Heck lets just give everyone their own gate. See you Sunday. Actually we better start Saturday.

*****I'm going to bed, someone PM me when this thing gets to 5 pages.
sucker-punch.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back