Classes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not to mention I think every 5 minutes I heard the officials drilling in everyone's head that if you aren't jumping the bigger double to stay to an extreme side and roll over it safely. All went off without a glitch there

DelBalso 123 - Good Point! FYI - Vet Sport had 1 rider in it, and that rider is also a Women's rider and she has rode with both SchoolBoy and Super Mini before.

Um wonder why. Maybe because he gets 250 riders? WHY does he get that many? Because he knows what the hell he is doing. Jeff has his flaws but track promoting and SAFETY is second to none

OH BTW before moto order was printed 40 plus was supposed to be in that moto as well. SO now it would have been A-B 40 and 30 plus. The reason it was not because of a bike share.
Oh yeah that's brilliant

MXDad567 -

You are incorrect.

1. I did the running order and AT NO POINT was Plus 30 and Plus 40 ever going to be in the same moto - Greg Cameron was racing Plus 25, +30, and Plus 40.

2. To the comment: "Oh yeah that's brilliant" - I am sorry you feel this way. I encourage you to stop at sign up and I would be happy to discuss this with you. Until we can do this, I would appreciate if you publish only correct information.

Thanks!
Connie

Oh boy.....I'm on my phone now or I would give dmx153 a reason to make more popcorn! Short story....Rick I'm assuming is the Dad who had the issue. Rick....if you are so experienced as you say I can't believe you haven't seen that class line up before. I've been racing mx since 1994 and I was 27. I have been raced in pretty much every big bike class. I've raced pamx cra ama oma omg. Ive raced on high profile tracks and local nothing tracks. One common thing for them all is combined gates. I've been in the Money class before with a stagger behind me on short night tracks to now being 45 and staggering with the Money class. I don't recall any one ever complaining.

I took offense to you calling me slow. So slow that I wouldn't even jump the double there . Then you so far as to say that ALL THE VETS there wouldn't do it. At that point I knew there was no reasoning with you and figured I would see how fired up I could get you. I think its funny. I didn't see any of the A and B riders catch us slow vets. As a matter of fact the only hole shot I didn't get was the moto the staggered us with a/b......two of the non vet riders were banging it up instead of turning in the first crner and ran into me. So who are the dangerous ones?

Your fear of your son jumping on some one slower? Your son is as much to blame for landing on that slower rider you spoke of. As a rider you have to know when to check up and be safe as well as when to go fast. He is a mid pack B rider. He is never going to make a living at this so why take any chances?

Also you need to check previous OMA events.....rider turnouts have been every bit as big as any pamx event. Chillitown had 359 entries I believe. I'm sure malvern was up close to that. Briarcliff was well over 200.

You have no clue what you are spouting off about. Many vets are still ridi g the A class. Most of them like myself are compitent B riders. To say that all vet riders are slow and a hazard to the A/B riders is a joke. Take your ball and go play some where else.

Tell your fat drunk buddy that I have 2 Airoh helmets aready....but for the life of me I can't figure out what that has to do with anything!

Lastly Rick......look at the quote in my signature.

Why did you butt in period? You Asked Jarrott to run your events and you couldnt wait to kick his authority to the curb to fuel your big ego. Trust me I am no way new here. Just so you have some idea of how new I am

1980-1983 85 racer
1985-1993 quad A rider
96-99 Jetskis
99- now Parent of 3 racers

So I do know a little bit.

I didnt butt in, I was asked to look into the situation and i did. I stepped in as a referee to resolve a problem. The gate order was followed, problem solved. And his name is Jarrett, if you think so highly of him, maybe you should learn his name.

The popcorn was great! ......Orville RICKenbacher style, extra salty. Hershey did the big double at Dirt World? About time, maybe the pressure of getting in everyone's way was getting to him. Now if only I could get him to huck the 85 foot uphill at Pape's.

The popcorn was great! ......Orville RICKenbacher style, extra salty. Hershey did the big double at Dirt World? About time, maybe the pressure of getting in everyone's way was getting to him. Now if only I could get him to huck the 85 foot uphill at Pape's.

He rode around it like a nancy all practice

Yea, when did you get two of them? Thought only Union guys could afford extravagances like that.

Well smiths got so many stacks in the bank he loans his airoh helmet to me. And I'm always at risk for a good digger. That's an expensive risk.

As once being an a rider it did suck beig out there and having to pass vet riders as almost most the time because a class only had 3-8 people at local races they would stager us with a slower class, but that's how it was every rider had to deal with it and that's what it is, all forms of racing have lap traffic and you have to deal with it... Period

You know why we have some many classes and staggered gates? Because everyone bitched over the years about he's to fast or to slow in my class and I can't win. It's not fare, he or she is faster, younger, older better looking, on a two stroke, oil injected, utility, sport, enduro, vintage, ect......... I mean it is crazy, we can't even practice together anymore. Just because the AMA makes 10 million classes for Loretta Lynns Nationals, so the can make more money, don't mean locally we have to follow suite. But as soon as you take out one class, then ONE person will bitch and all hell brakes loose. I'm never ever gonna win this battle but I'm for less classes more laps. And if you can't win a plaque, get better or just have fun.

On another note, I can't stand publicly trying to run down another person or organization. I mean come on people, if you can't get it solved person to person then leave it alone. Half of the bitching post get on their SMART phone and start pecking away. Thinking I'm so pissed I'm gonna let them have it before they even make the drive home. Then the defensive acts kick in and at someone ends up looking like the idiot, usually the poster. For what? Like I always say, if you can do it so much better or build it so much better, then do it. I'm sure you will be rich in no time at all, because everyone is gonna be happy and love it! $$$$$$$$$

I'm not writing this because of this post, it just triggered my thoughts of reading over so many that are a waist of time. We need a common paragraph to post when these things start and try to hurt an organization or track because that ONE person wasn't happy. I raced my 80 in the B class staggered with the A class and guess what! All the pros cried cause I ran them all down from a staggered start and passed them. I didn't hit them (all 92lbs of me) or cause any harm in any way, but that was never allowed again.

Lets try to support and maintain what we have and be thankful not hurtful. So many things in life sucks and isn't fare (like cancer). So quit fixating on the freedom of riding a motorcycle with family and friends and how awful that is.

I got part of that race of you on your CR 80 from OIR on tape Brock! Early 90's OIR. Too many pussies in this
sport anymore.

I can attest that Broc used to smoke everyone on big bikes while he was riding his 80! I thought it was awesome to see even when I was one of the guys getting passed by this kid on an 80 since he was obviously something special.

This is supposed to be about fun and enjoyment, and if you can't enjoy yourself for whatever reason you have to complain about....... and you are the only one that feels this way. Maybe it's not everyone else, maybe it's YOU! Stagger starts and mixed classes are normal occurrence at almost all local racing levels, get used to it.

Some of the best times were when Broc would run 4 or 5 classes on his 80 at Broken Spokes...... and smoke them all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back