man I feel like I hit the lottery!

updated a little

Good Luck with the 490 Jim...looks pretty nice!.....I owned an 82 and 83 many years ago and they were both PURE EVIL......I couldn't wait to sell them and pushed them both into a Van some guy brought over to buy the 82.....gave him the 83 for an extra $400 just to get it gone.....they were both beautiful, but painful bikes to own....

jeffro667, you lost me on that one??

My bad, I thought the one you started with was an 82. I was just commenting that the 83 is a much better bike than the 82, but never mind lol. I've had a few 490's in the past, 85, 86, and I spent a decent amount of time on an 82. Wish I had been smarter back then lol.

My bad, I thought the one you started with was an 82. I was just commenting that the 83 is a much better bike than the 82, but never mind lol. I've had a few 490's in the past, 85, 86, and I spent a decent amount of time on an 82. Wish I had been smarter back then lol.

Please excuse Jeff. He suffers from post traumatic 490 shock syndrome. He's an encyclopedia of MX bike knowledge but is perception of the 490 will be forever tainted by a bad LL's 490 Ohlins shock. Imagine the horror of making the big show, thinking that you have the best of all possible rear suspension options, only to have it perform much worse than the stock 490 shock. Valuable suspension lessons were learned that trip but the shock of a badly tuned shock remains to this day.

Back