MX 213 OMA points race

biged@mx213

PR Member
Race weekend coming up!! Open practice Saturday May 25th 10am-4pm. Gates will be open at 8am. $25.00 to practice and everyone will be charged the $10.00 race admission. If you leave by 5pm Saturday you will get your $10.00 back. Sunday May 26 OMA points race. Gates open at 6am, registration begins at 7:30 am, practice 8:30, we want to be racing by 10:30am. Directions take I-70 to exit 213 and follow the signs to the fairgrounds or the James E Carnes Center. Enter at gate 2. Camping available, if you want hookups $25.00, no hookups no charge.<P><div class=after_content><blockquote class="signature restore"><div class=signaturecontainer>MX 213
biged</div></blockquote></div>

Do you allow camping at the track on Friday night? Thinking about heading down Friday afternoon...

Im assuming this is the correct address, its much easier for gps users, google maps shows James E Earnes center here and you can see the track on the satellite image.

45300 Roscoe Rd, St Clairsville, OH 43950

Track was fun. Especially the finish line jump. You guys need to work on track prep some though. In practice Saturday the track was slippery in spots where there was a bunch of water put down on the hard pack dirt including right before the big finish line jump. A little sketchy getting wheel spin going into that jump lol. Today letting the quads "finish" track prep that 1st moto wasn't that great either. 3rd gear wide open going 1st gear speed in the huge chunks of dirt wasn't very fun. All the motos after that 1st one were fun though and got through the motos fast.

Track was fun. Especially the finish line jump. You guys need to work on track prep some though. In practice Saturday the track was slippery in spots where there was a bunch of water put down on the hard pack dirt including right before the big finish line jump. A little sketchy getting wheel spin going into that jump lol. Today letting the quads "finish" track prep that 1st moto wasn't that great either. 3rd gear wide open going 1st gear speed in the huge chunks of dirt wasn't very fun. All the motos after that 1st one were fun though and got through the motos fast.

I agree with track prep, but they are coming along. We didn't water any jumps or hard pack spots that I know of on Sunday. We did use the quads help in practice to make some lines. The moto format was purely decided by a coin toss. I did the toss right in front of Bid Ed! Always good to see you at the track, you and Wimsatt had some good racing going on! I think you came out with the overall right?

Really liked the track only two things I really would have to say I didn't like was the landing I the big table top and the steel fence posts around the track. Table top would be amazing if it had more of a landing and I know it's kinda like a freak thing but it's in the back of my mind flying around that big turn after the finish if someone was to eat it and land on one of the posts it would hurt really bad. Other than them two things I really liked the track was my first time out there.

I had a great time at MX213. The track layout and elevation changes are great! I love the big sweeping corners too!

I think the prep was dead on for sunday with one exception, the large chunks left after discing. The rake behind the disc did nothing to break up the chunks. If you had a 400 rider turn out it may have gotten worked in but it made the track one lined because you couldnt go in the chunks to pass, I tried many times. The amount of water was great, dont change that!

I also agree the landing on that first table in the bottom is too small and landing 5' short hurts! If you kept the height of the take off all the way to the landing it would be much better.

Thanks for a great day of racing!

Kid loved the track, his new favorite. I thought practice was a bit muddy, we were second practice though so I guess to be expected. Very scenic little area, great for pictures and spectating. We will be back for sure. Thanks! Hershey, one of these days we gotta meet, for not very many people there I figured I'd run into ya.

Kid loved the track, his new favorite. I thought practice was a bit muddy, we were second practice though so I guess to be expected. Very scenic little area, great for pictures and spectating. We will be back for sure. Thanks! Hershey, one of these days we gotta meet, for not very many people there I figured I'd run into ya.

Why go and ruin your racing experience by doing that???

Really liked the track only two things I really would have to say I didn't like was the landing I the big table top and the steel fence posts around the track. Table top would be amazing if it had more of a landing and I know it's kinda like a freak thing but it's in the back of my mind flying around that big turn after the finish if someone was to eat it and land on one of the posts it would hurt really bad. Other than them two things I really liked the track was my first time out there.

Thanks for the input, what our your thoughts of a woodern fence along that area? Also looking for a bigger drag as you can see the one we have just can't break up the big stuff. Always looking for ways to improve. Please remember we are the newbies to the sport.

Thanks to everyone who came out to MX 213 over the Memorial Day weekend. We hope everyone had a good time. A smaller turnout than we hoped for, but understandable with all the activities and celebrations going on. It actually worked in our favor giving our staff and crew a great chance in this learning process that we are under taking. Please keep in mind we are fairly new to the whole motocross t...hing. Again thanks to Jarrett and the flaggers who came down from Malvern. A great big thanks to Connie, Arielle and Jessica, you girls had your hands full working with us lol. And last but not least a special thanks to those who make it possible for us to be able to enjoy the things we do, our men and women in the Millitary.A big salute to Connie's son (Arielle's husband) who is active duty, Joe Huml and Ron Ault retired and SSGT. Jesse Ault KIA April 2008, son of Ron & Debi

Thanks to everyone who came out to MX 213 over the Memorial Day weekend. We hope everyone had a good time. A smaller turnout than we hoped for, but understandable with all the activities and celebrations going on. It actually worked in our favor giving our staff and crew a great chance in this learning process that we are under taking. Please keep in mind we are fairly new to the whole motocross t...hing. Again thanks to Jarrett and the flaggers who came down from Malvern. A great big thanks to Connie, Arielle and Jessica, you girls had your hands full working with us lol. And last but not least a special thanks to those who make it possible for us to be able to enjoy the things we do, our men and women in the Millitary.A big salute to Connie's son (Arielle's husband) who is active duty, Joe Huml and Ron Ault retired and SSGT. Jesse Ault KIA April 2008, son of Ron & Debi

Keep up the good work, nothing but a little constructive criticism. Break up the big stuff for practice and you will be all set!

Why go and ruin your racing experience by doing that???

Why do you need to ruin a perfectly good racing thread with a comment like that? The guy just wants to say hi!......Well that and show me his collection of plus sized womens clothing from Fashion Bug!

Hershey, one of these days we gotta meet, for not very many people there I figured I'd run into ya.

It should have been easy, I was the guy in last place my first moto of 40+, should have heard the profanity spewing from my mouth as I was riding around sulking at myself!

Back