Southwick

Original44

PR Addict
GuyB, over on Vital is report that this could be the last National at Southwick. Suburban encroachment, and problems with the VFW post that owns it. If so, please bring back Glen Helen!

Im sure there is another NASCAR track on slate for a venue

Oh I am sure! Just like the new track they built for this year. MXA just had an article in the new MXA about the track in Quatar....no difference in the "outdoor" track they are building in the states. Its a joke. All the good tracks they could choose from. My guess, Southwick goes, and they end up at Monster Mountain.

Not gonna happen at Steel City.....not gonna happen at BC. I look for Monster Mountain or a track in TX or Florida.

Not gonna happen at Steel City.....not gonna happen at BC. I look for Monster Mountain or a track in TX or Florida.

Agreed. Even if we maximized our parking footprint on the entire property, made drastic improvements in infrastructure, we would still not have a national caliber track because its not in a soup bowl or taco for max spectator viewing. I really think they are not going back to Texas for awhile. I think one of the tracks in Alabama or Georgia will be next.

I believe the Utah national will be the future of MX if it is successful. Big government has deep pockets to do this. I don't like it, but that may be the future, because the promoters are loosing a ton of money doing the nationals. The TV package is very steep

I don't know if I agree that the promoters are losing a ton of money doing the Nationals. How in the world would they be losing a ton of money? If that were the case, then why would any track want a race.

I don't know if I agree that the promoters are losing a ton of money doing the Nationals. How in the world would they be losing a ton of money? If that were the case, then why would any track want a race.

I wish I was at liberty to say more, but they are losing money. I heard it from John Beasley himself earlier this year that Davey Coombs is his partner. I have know John since I was a Maico and then M Star support rider from the late 70's till about 85. Actually, the partnership between Beasley and Coombs goes father than what I described, but it is DC's best interest, not JB's. There are a lot of things behind the scenes going on.

Cripes, DC called me out by my real name, not my screen name on Vital two weeks ago when I said that someone should be fired for his web streaming debacle. I can tell you it is just like national politics over there. You don't want to be a promoter of national events. I wouldn't want to be a local promoter either, as that job is/can be a headache with all the political bull. Just watch the races and have fun.......

Next on the list of tracks to go will be Springcreek @ Millville. That will probably be announced next year or the following year. John Martin bought it like 83 or so. A great Hare Scrambler for Can AM. Won a National Championship too. Wonder why his boys, Alex and John don't get a factory ride with their speed. Rides with real potential to win. Ever wonder about that? So do some of us.....

One other thing. You guys know what the National Promoters Group is (NPG)? Oh yeah, that's right, it is gone. MX Sports out bid the NPG for the rights for MX. That is how things have changed this year and some of the reason why the promoters are losing money.

DC was in the NPG, but his company, MX Sports out bid the NPG (I don't know the details of all of it) but kinda seems like a conflict of interest.

But it is what it is.....

Hopefully the vision MX Sports has will be the right one......

I have heard the rumor that they need the tv package to keep the major sponsors in play. However, if the major sponsors cannot contribute enough to make the series a success, than why have the tv package? What for the sake of making it out to be bigger than it really is?

I have heard the rumor that they need the tv package to keep the major sponsors in play. However, if the major sponsors cannot contribute enough to make the series a success, than why have the tv package? What for the sake of making it out to be bigger than it really is?

That is a good Question, my friend! Maybe by making it out larger, they get a potential of more money from the promoter? Who knows, but I like the way you phrased that question!!

We got some marketing guys in here to help us answer this??

Well........someone is making money! If not the promoters, than MX Sports is making it, and screwing the promoters. Once the promoters are gone, MX Sports will go to these state and local governments, convince them to help finance and build them tracks in places like Utah, and MX Sports will reap all the rewards. Just looking at it from 100 miles up, that's what it sounds like, and looks like to me.

I've always heard from a close friend of ours that used to work for the AMA Pro Motocross, that Millville was always the absolute best stop on the National Circuit.

I've always heard from a close friend of ours that used to work for the AMA Pro Motocross, that Millville was always the absolute best stop on the National Circuit.

Millville is a great place, for both racers and spectators. I'm bummed about the 'wick, I was hoping to cross that one off of my bucket list...not sure if that will happen this year.

Back