Bc Saturday Only

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
I hate to do this to the many fine facilities running, but we have ourselves a hefty Ohio Cat bill coming due to the faulty fitting on a hydraulic hose in the belly of the beast of our small but mighty D3. So, We have to open this saturday to hopefully pay that bill. We will be closed on Sunday for fathers day, and me fixing and maintaining every fricking piece of equipment I own, and because you all should be at Dirtworld. Shane is an extremely hard worker, and i think everone will be impressed with his improvement prepping skills from last season.

Just a little FYI for those who think I make alot of money at BC, the fuel bill is on its way from April to now with over 1200 gallons of fuel, you do the math. Monthly equipment payments are $2600. Dumpster bill so we can have our cake and throw it on the ground is $90 per month. A place to go #1 & #2, $325 per month. Insurance $175 per day. This doesnt include the surpises, like the D3 repair, and yes the machine has 750 hours, and no it doesnt have a warranty because its an 09'. Service for one tractor, mack, and dozer. This includes all 14 filters and 20 gallons of oil, thats right around $800. Just some fun facts from the little track in Ohio that does all the right things.<P><div class=after_content><blockquote class="signature restore"><div class=signaturecontainer>www.briarcliffmx.com

"I live, I Ride, I am"</div></blockquote></div>

In. Thanks for opening, as mentioned in other posts, many of the other tracks that you "compete" with are too far for us in Southwestern Ohio. If you didn't open I wouldn't be riding. Can't wait for Saturday.

JO how much are you getting paid for your TV commercial spot? This has to be you in the boat at the 24sec mark:

http://ispot.tv/a/7nqx

Thanks for all the hard work at BC...now go have a Mike's Hard Lemonade!

I hate to do this to the many fine facilities running, but we have ourselves a hefty Ohio Cat bill coming due to the faulty fitting on a hydraulic hose in the belly of the beast of our small but mighty D3. So, We have to open this saturday to hopefully pay that bill. We will be closed on Sunday for fathers day, and me fixing and maintaining every fricking piece of equipment I own, and because you all should be at Dirtworld. Shane is an extremely hard worker, and i think everone will be impressed with his improvement prepping skills from last season.

Just a little FYI for those who think I make alot of money at BC, the fuel bill is on its way from April to now with over 1200 gallons of fuel, you do the math. Monthly equipment payments are $2600. Dumpster bill so we can have our cake and throw it on the ground is $90 per month. A place to go #1 & #2, $325 per month. Insurance $175 per day. This doesnt include the surpises, like the D3 repair, and yes the machine has 750 hours, and no it doesnt have a warranty because its an 09'. Service for one tractor, mack, and dozer. This includes all 14 filters and 20 gallons of oil, thats right around $800. Just some fun facts from the little track in Ohio that does all the right things.<P><div class=after_content><blockquote class="signature restore"><div class=signaturecontainer>www.briarcliffmx.com

"I live, I Ride, I am"</div></blockquote></div>

I'm not sure why you felt the need to justify yourself, as I'm am not in the loop and I know I shouldn't open my keyboard, but... Those that complain about you opening should supply a better product if they want to compete and you just laid out a small part of the formula for success. For those that want to supply 70 to 80 thousand dollars a year for operating cost so they can clear 20 thousand or so, I say have at it. You had better think about this, If your product is top shelf like Briar Cliff and you can bring in 175 riders on average per opening then yes you can make a buck. If your product is not top shelf and your only bringing in 50 riders on average, then what do you do... fold up shop or supply a better product, it's up to you. To supply a better product it takes more time and money, and so many other things.

There are a great number of pieces to the puzzle that go into making a track successful even at the success level of BC. For those of you that make the remarks about BC gotta be making a killing... you have not put nearly enough thought into the amount of hours, blood, sweat, experience, and passion it takes to make the dirt look, feel, and taste the way it does on any given ride day at BC.

To the riders, just say thanks when you see the track owners and operators. To the other track owners, your needing to step up your game if you want draw more of the general riding population.

I'm not sure why you felt the need to justify yourself, as I'm am not in the loop and I know I shouldn't open my keyboard, but... Those that complain about you opening should supply a better product if they want to compete and you just laid out a small part of the formula for success. For those that want to supply 70 to 80 thousand dollars a year for operating cost so they can clear 20 thousand or so, I say have at it. You had better think about this, If your product is top shelf like Briar Cliff and you can bring in 175 riders on average per opening then yes you can make a buck. If your product is not top shelf and your only bringing in 50 riders on average, then what do you do... fold up shop or supply a better product, it's up to you. To supply a better product it takes more time and money, and so many other things.

There are a great number of pieces to the puzzle that go into making a track successful even at the success level of BC. For those of you that make the remarks about BC gotta be making a killing... you have not put nearly enough thought into the amount of hours, blood, sweat, experience, and passion it takes to make the dirt look, feel, and taste the way it does on any given ride day at BC.

To the riders, just say thanks when you see the track owners and operators. To the other track owners, your needing to step up your game if you want draw more of the general riding population.

Not everyone is as understanding as people like us Adam. I get quite the array of patrons, and have overheard many conversations without them actually knowing who I am. I mean no ill will toward anyone with my post. Its just something I wanted to get off my chest, rather than keep it inside.

Our average this year is slightly less than 100, last year it was 125. We have slide back to 09' turnouts. Mainly due to the perfect storm of many factors: People not riding, people riding other places, weather, and X factor. X factor is where you put people that don't apply to any of the categories, and yes it exists.

JO how much are you getting paid for your TV commercial spot? This has to be you in the boat at the 24sec mark:

http://ispot.tv/a/7nqx

Thanks for all the hard work at BC...now go have a Mike's Hard Lemonade!

That is friggin HILARIOUS!! ;) Good shtuff!

Yeah, I definately wouldn't have ridden as much as I have in the past if not for JO and BC being practically in my back yard, etc. Guess you could say that you've kept me in the sport fo' sure!! How lucky am I? Can't thank you and crew enough. Hoping someday to be able to give back as much as has been given me I feel. It will happen...someday. Until then, we'll help where able and promote best we can.

Not sure if I mentioned I am rebuilding my 2005 KX250 into a KX300 Super Scooby BC shreading macheen! Oh so cannot wait!! :)

I thought this was a forum to post open practices and not a get something off our chest forum.....I went back and forth on this whether or not to post because I am sure I will get blasted by all the BC lovers. So I guess I need to take a couple things to task...For one you complain about equipment payments and being able to make these high payments.....but who bought the new equipment?... To maybe put 700 hrs a year on a machine and that's on the high side.....there is plenty of good used iron out there at reasonable prices just have to know what your looking for....And to compound your problem you buy a kitty cat so you paid $10,000-$7,000 more than you should have for the 3 letter word....And as far as insurance goes I think you better be getting some new quotes I know of 3 track owners that pay a whole lot less for insurance than that. I don't pay that much for my policy for an excavating business which has one of the highest rates in the industry and mine costs me $29.75 a day. Not sure who you get your fuel through but I know my accounts our 30 days not 90. Im not saying what you guys do is easy by any means but don't come on here and play the woa is me card when a lot of it is self induced.

And im not trying to start a holy war here just giving my opinion and the last I check this still was a free country. So I am sure some people will take exception to what I have said but you are also free to your opinion.

I thought this was a forum to post open practices and not a get something off our chest forum.....I went back and forth on this whether or not to post because I am sure I will get blasted by all the BC lovers. So I guess I need to take a couple things to task...For one you complain about equipment payments and being able to make these high payments.....but who bought the new equipment?... To maybe put 700 hrs a year on a machine and that's on the high side.....there is plenty of good used iron out there at reasonable prices just have to know what your looking for....And to compound your problem you buy a kitty cat so you paid $10,000-$7,000 more than you should have for the 3 letter word....And as far as insurance goes I think you better be getting some new quotes I know of 3 track owners that pay a whole lot less for insurance than that. I don't pay that much for my policy for an excavating business which has one of the highest rates in the industry and mine costs me $29.75 a day. Not sure who you get your fuel through but I know my accounts our 30 days not 90. Im not saying what you guys do is easy by any means but don't come on here and play the woa is me card when a lot of it is self induced.

And im not trying to start a holy war here just giving my opinion and the last I check this still was a free country. So I am sure some people will take exception to what I have said but you are also free to your opinion.

Wrong, I got a smoking deal on the Cat, I got it for $35,000 under the new price and it had 225 hours on it. I'm not bitching, this is for all of those whole have their little calculators going at every practice and think we are just raking it in (probably people like you). Just trying to bring everyone down to earth. I get fuel from a family friend, so the terms aren't 30, 60, or 90, he sends the bill once in awhile and we pay it. You seem like a know it all, but if that were true you'd know that "its not what you know, its what you know isn't so". And your right its free country, so post some more of your excellent thoughts. Its fairly entertaining to me anyway......

Idiot... You shouldn't think. It doesn't seem to help you out... Just my opinion. Nothing more, nothing less. Free country as you say. :)

so you paid roughly $35,000.00 for an 09 D3 with 225 hours on it.....damn hook me up with your salesman....on second thought don't cuz I wouldn't buy a CAT or for that matter a D3. Im not a know it all by any means I defer to you on that one. Since you are the all knowing track prep god and the only one that knows how to your words not mine....and no I don't use a little calculator I use a big one but common sense and elementary math knows that the numbers you are spewing, 2+2 doesn't equal 4. Im not here to get into a pissing match with you like I said thought this was a motocross forum, we all have our own issues that we deal with on a daily basis so more than others. if I wanted to hear whining I would go home and listen to the wife.

The way I see it, those that want to race will go to practice and race the next day at Dirtworld if they are running the OMA circuit. For those that arent, they now have another option in addition to some of the other tracks also open. I for one find it a little interesting seeing how much the expenses are for the BC operation, but I would still just rather hand over my $25 a few times a month and not have to worry about all the other headaches that come with being a track owner.

My advice to everyone, enjoy the summer and moto as much as you can. I for one will not be able to for a while. Having surgery tomorrow for several things that got F'd up when I dislocated my shoulder two weeks ago in a crash. My summer to Moto is now over. Now I must live vicariously through my son.

Michael

so you paid roughly $35,000.00 for an 09 D3 with 225 hours on it.....damn hook me up with your salesman....on second thought don't cuz I wouldn't buy a CAT or for that matter a D3. Im not a know it all by any means I defer to you on that one. Since you are the all knowing track prep god and the only one that knows how to your words not mine....and no I don't use a little calculator I use a big one but common sense and elementary math knows that the numbers you are spewing, 2+2 doesn't equal 4. Im not here to get into a pissing match with you like I said thought this was a motocross forum, we all have our own issues that we deal with on a daily basis so more than others. if I wanted to hear whining I would go home and listen to the wife.

If you re read what I posted it said I paid $35,000 under the price of a new one. So Roughly 60K, or correction, I am paying. No pissing match needed on this side here either. I probably just took it personal, when you attempted to discredit my factual statements, and belittle how I choose to run my ship. No biggie. Its always easier to tell someone how to run there business, especially when you can use their money.

Again, not whining, just trying to pull people into reality. The reality of my business and across the board in Ohio is not that great. I believe that all motocross promoters in Ohio are not getting rich by no means, the point of that whole paragraph is just think twice before passing judgment upon track owners, a great deal are doing this like everyone else: for fun.

My back yard is about 1/4 acre. Anyone who builds a track and let's me ride on it is a hero in my book.

I thought this was a forum to post open practices and not a get something off our chest forum...on and the last I check this still was a free country. So I am sure some people will take exception to what I have said but you are also free to your opinion.

Right you are, it is not the place for this. And JO you should know better! Lol....post it in the main forum or better yet the vet forum and then you can go all wild with it. Yep it is a free country to voice your opinion but in this forum its all about the track owner posting practices and trying to draw riders in.

Lets keep it there before the powers in charge make this a moderated forum again, OK?

Right you are, it is not the place for this. And JO you should know better! Lol....post it in the main forum or better yet the vet forum and then you can go all wild with it. Yep it is a free country to voice your opinion but in this forum its all about the track owner posting practices and trying to draw riders in.

Lets keep it there before the powers in charge make this a moderated forum again, OK?

Sorry dad........

Does it really friggin' matter where he posts it? It's about practice expenses for God sake!! If you don't want to read it, don't. Obviously you can't and understand it entirely without explanation anywho. He put it in a different paragraph from the practice details.

OK, I'm done adding to the crap. Feel free to reply, but doubtful I'll see it.

Ride on moto freaks... :)

Idiot... You shouldn't think. It doesn't seem to help you out... Just my opinion. Nothing more, nothing less. Free country as you say. :)

Idiot?????? I don't think I went as far to call anyone names .....just stating cold hard facts.......and believe me I am far from an idiot. If you would like to speak about this in greater detail pm me and we can talk facts.

thanx most of you for not bashing me to bad......believe it or not I have much respect for bc and Jo for what he has built......

Out

Made it out to the cliff for my first time this past Saturday. I gotta say your facility is fantastic. I had a blast and I'll definitely be returning as soon as I can! By far my new favorite spot.

I definitely didn't take your post as a "woe is me" type of thing... I definitely agree with what you're saying, and I'm thankful for the amount of time, money, and effort that you put in to keep the place going. Plenty of tracks come and go for various reasons, most of which are probably the same hurdles you've had to overcome to keep going.

If it was easy to do, you wouldn't have people coming from hours away for open practice.

In short, keep on keepin on! I'll have to seek you out and shake your hand next time I make it out!

-Ryan

Back