My new hero -- Jerry Robin!

Vet261

PR Addict
Who you ask?

16 year old Jerry Robin from Hamel, MN qualified 2nd o/a for Loretta Lynn's 2-stroke B/C class this past weekend at Millville, MN against a super stacked field of racers with the best equipment out there. He also got 8th o/a in 250B mod.

So what, lots of kids do that every year right?

Well, Jerry was racing a 1985 Honda CR250!

It was unbelievable to watch! The whole place was cheering him on.
http://www.escoremx.com/results/regionals/2013/1/class.asp?e=5&c=320&h=9329#9329

JR1.jpgJR2.jpg

I'm so stoked about this kid ! I just emailed him to see if he has a paypal account set up for donations ! sad thing is the 85 CR250 wasn't the best motor

It was too far for the kid to go to the MX Rewind Event at Unadilla, so he decided to take on the regional at Millville! Very cool indeed. Would like to see him ride that bike at Loretta Lynn's for the site of it, that would be great.

Carl Spackler: He's on his final hole. He's about 455 yards away, he's gonna hit about a 2 iron I think.

Carl Spackler: IT'S IN THE HOLE.

Carl Spackler: Cinderella story. Outta nowhere. A former greenskeeper, now, about to become the Masters champion. It looks like a mirac... It's in the hole! It's in the hole! It's in the hole!
cs_255.jpg
cs_358.jpg

In the video, he talks about some of the fast kids (some national winners?) in his class he beat that probably have everything, factory support, bikes, mod motor, thousands in suspension, trainer, family buried in debt. How are those kids and family dealing with that beat down. Surprised a few of those dads didn’t drive the those million dollar rigs into the first bridge abutment they came to on the interstate after pulling out of the track. Or if they are anything like a few infamous mini bike dads, those kids are hitchhiking home today.

Copied this from vitalmx

Hey guys Jerry Robin here! I see all of the support im getting and im honestly very shocked and I couldn't thank anyone enough.. I say that guy who made the donation idea so if anyone is interested in donations here is my address because I don't know how to setup a paypal or anything like that so just mail it!
4522 Willow Drive, Hamel, MN 55340
Thank you!! Keep up the sharing and I want to make my fans proud at lorettas this year:)

Since Jerry doesn't have a paypal account, we can use my account and I'll send all the donations to Jerry and his family.
I'll keep everybody posted on how much money we can raise for this awesome kid. All of us vintage guys are so behind this kid!

vintagemx247@aol.com is my paypal account ID.

Just sent out 50 bucks to this awesome kid! If you can please try and help this kid out ! Just a great story!

I heard he had an issue with the engine on his 85 CR250 and had to ride his back up CR which was an 07? Anybody else heard anything on that?

He won the 2 stroke class moto on the 07 but was able to get the 85 running for the 250B class

Attachments

• s1200_image.jpg
    s1200_image.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 227
Some major national TV time on NBC Saturday too. He certainly maxed out the publicity with his old ride.

Back