Reunited After 31 Years

Check out what I bought a few years ago (I think Kurt found them)
Was there much of a difierence in this linkage kit than stock?

I'm not sure I have much of a shot for this ready to race Mid-Ohio it has more issues than I first thought. Missing quite a few parts, plus I'm still trying to hunt down a replacement bottom steering seal. some guy on ebay will sell ya one 140.00 shipped!

Laundry list of needed parts?
Are the 84's and 490 on stand by?

Was there much of a difierence in this linkage kit than stock?

Yeah you can adjust these links

Laundry list of needed parts?
Are the 84's and 490 on stand by?

I finally found the seals I need for the 82 and I'm working on the other parts, so maybe there is a chance. My problem is I'm working on to many bikes right now, I got the case for the 490 fixed yesterday and the 84 YZ crank back on saturday. If I get the 84 done make sure to bring your check book to Mid-Ohio!

I'll have it and an extra set of tie downs.
Anxious to build me a "Mean" 83/84 YZ250 racer to chase down RM's with.

Great find. Were you actively searching for your old bike or just looking at YZs of that vintage? I'd love to find my '76 RM. I sold it to a seven foot tall Mennonite kid from Dalton or Charm or someplace like that. It probably ended up powering a grain elevator or something.

Kevin

Great find. Were you actively searching for your old bike or just looking at YZs of that vintage? I'd love to find my '76 RM. I sold it to a seven foot tall Mennonite kid from Dalton or Charm or someplace like that. It probably ended up powering a grain elevator or something.

Kevin

Nope I was just doing a random search on craigslist and found it. What are the odds ?

You got this bike from right under my nose i live in Chillicothe and i didnt know Sharpy had it out there! Im glad you found your old bike!

Nope I was just doing a random search on craigslist and found it. What are the odds ?

I'd say the odds are pretty damn long. You might want to put a buck or two on the Super Lotto.

That's really an awesome find.

Kevin

I'd say the odds are pretty damn long. You might want to put a buck or two on the Super Lotto.

Kevin

It's funny I go out into the garage and just look at it, still can't believe it's my old bike!

Kevin

If anyone was to make a find like this, it would be evo. He must have the most thorough old bike search routine around. Get it running and keep it away from the curb!

Soooo Scott...been a week almost since an update....did you sell it and move on???!
Nope not selling. I bought some parts from Marks swap page, but there is no way it will ready for Mid-Ohio. Hopefully knock on wood I'll have my 84 YZ250 ready, it will be for sale after the race. (it has NQ1965 name all over it)

Nope not selling. I bought some parts from Marks swap page, but there is no way it will ready for Mid-Ohio. Hopefully knock on wood I'll have my 84 YZ250 ready, it will be for sale after the race. (it has NQ1965 name all over it)

And my 82 YZ250 will available for a buyer as well immediately following moto 2 to help make room for my new 84 :)

Back