When your MX obsession turns into OCD...

Next buy her something very special. Before she sees the bike!

Since you're not telling her till she see's the box, I feel like this would be the perfect "special" little gift to compliment the motorcycle. (Little no pun intended?)
dick-in-a-box.jpg

I to quit for a few years... Again. Fell back into my Moto OCD. Sold the Streetbike, bought a yz125 .. Bought the women a new dog.. Boom forgot all about the new bike. Happy days for me. Happy wife happy life. Nice bike

Just remember guys that when you take that vow of till death do you part and for richer and poorer , in sickness and in health it's a real commitment . It also involves GOD as a witness to bless your marriage.
Anything can be worked out as far as riding , money and time spent at home or away. I've found that my commitment to my GOD needs to be greater than my commitment to my wife . But my faith teaches me to love my wife like my GOD And for her to submit to me as the spiritual leader of our home. Through that process my family has been able to be at peace with her decisions to not be at the track and for me to meet her needs as a husband and father of our kids.
We still struggle at times like everyone else but ultimately we have a path we follow towards the same goal. A relationship that glorifies GOD and not ourselves.

I to quit for a few years... Again. Fell back into my Moto OCD. Sold the Streetbike, bought a yz125 .. Bought the women a new dog.. Boom forgot all about the new bike. Happy days for me. Happy wife happy life. Nice bike
This would so be the answer for my wife.. Lol... She loves pets... But we have to many already...
It will work itself out... She knows it was going to happen sooner or later... All good!

A. There are always good deals out there. B. Load your savings account instead of pawning stuff to get a new toy. If you have to sell stuff now to get a new bike then maybe now is just not the right time. C. Buy an older Rm 250 and have at it. I have had more fun on bikes I did not mind thrashing. D. Buying a bike = $ Buying a dog = $ therefore in the long run it is more $ spent. E. Family 1st, but that also means that both people must work things out together. F. Good Luck.

A. There are always good deals out there. B. Load your savings account instead of pawning stuff to get a new toy. If you have to sell stuff now to get a new bike then maybe now is just not the right time. QUOTE]

Ehh, I dont know so much about that... Why save and spend extra money on something, when you have something already that could buy you the bike if your not using that partical toy ever and it just sits? Use the extra money saved to put goodies and customize the bike you buy! Thats what I did!

A. There are always good deals out there. B. Load your savings account instead of pawning stuff to get a new toy. If you have to sell stuff now to get a new bike then maybe now is just not the right time. QUOTE]

Ehh, I dont know so much about that... Why save and spend extra money on something, when you have something already that could buy you the bike if your not using that partical toy ever and it just sits? Use the extra money saved to put goodies and customize the bike you buy! Thats what I did!

We learned. Some sound financial principles many years back.
Tithe
Save
Spend the rest
Done in that order as long as the purchase come in the last category all is well.

As long as the wife knows. I'm guilty of not being completely honest with my wife on all trades or purchases but all the spending comes from extra cash and not our committed funds .

A lot of my savings account is my toys. When money is needed for an emergency (like a killer deal on a bike...lol), I just liquidate. All of my toys are purchased at a price that I know I can get out of them what I have in them in a pinch if needed.

I did the opposite I was on a riding trip with the guys and the wife went out and bought a little ankle biter. Instead of getting mad I got even and bought a yzf 450. The dog has since run away and I still have the 450.

I did the opposite I was on a riding trip with the guys and the wife went out and bought a little ankle biter. Instead of getting mad I got even and bought a yzf 450. The dog has since run away and I still have the 450.

Hhhaahahahahahahahah. That's the funniest thing I've read in a couple weeks!

Back