Battle 3 Moto Format at BC?

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
After hearing some of the feedback, we will be running the following as a standard for all classes at the Battle for Ohio BC: All classes will be given a maximum of 5 laps or 10 minutes, which ever comes first, the white flag will fly at the nearest completed lap after the 8 minute mark. 250A and Pro Bike (Open A) will be the exception to this, 250A will run 6 laps, Open A will be 8 laps.

John250

PR Founding Father
Cool. I like it when someone makes a decision!!

I am thinking about bringing my 1972 CT 70 to the battle at BC. Can I please get a class for Vintage trail bikes though!

JO - Have a class for the 50 dads on Saturday night. Make it "Run what you Brung" and have the kids out there yelling at them to twist the throttle.

ck1racerx

PR Addict
I have an idea, and this time im serious... How about a cross over expo race Sat evening. Quad guys ride bikes and bike dudes ride quads. Something special like that may bring the two together a little better. Just an idea, I would not mind trying out a quad, just as a taste.
Then, straight up one ear donkey races. With a beer in your hand.

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
JO - Have a class for the 50 dads on Saturday night. Make it "Run what you Brung" and have the kids out there yelling at them to twist the throttle.

Lol, we will do our standard pitbike fiasco races, 50 dads can race those, more than likely on parts of the c track this year. 10", 12", open, 30+, and kids 10", and 12". Also adding a slow race, wheelie contest, and possibly head to head single elimination barrel races, all while we crank out the tunes from the big stage.

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
You can race that vintage rail in a pb class John, 30+ is open.

I like the idea Chris, that one might be too far out there for most, evening is for relaxation and fun before a good nights rest.

ktm792

PR Member
After hearing some of the feedback, we will be running the following as a standard for all classes at the Battle for Ohio BC: All classes will be given a maximum of 5 laps or 10 minutes, which ever comes first, the white flag will fly at the nearest completed lap after the 8 minute mark. 250A and Pro Bike (Open A) will be the exception to this, 250A will run 6 laps, Open A will be 8 laps.

So the 50 beginner class will get two laps? Lol.. but really.. How many laps did 50s do at the first race? 4 right? Do u know what the run time was? I can't remember. So if leader makes it under 10 minutes for 3 laps and after 8 minutes they're done at three laps? Not sure what kind of lap times kids r running. Are u having 50 Open class?

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
So the 50 beginner class will get two laps? Lol.. but really.. How many laps did 50s do at the first race? 4 right? Do u know what the run time was? I can't remember. So if leader makes it under 10 minutes for 3 laps and after 8 minutes they're done at three laps? Not sure what kind of lap times kids r running. Are u having 50 Open class?

Thats exactly right, if they make 1-2-3-4 laps, they are on the track racing for the same amount of time as the rest of the classes, minus Open A & 250A, thats probably the fairest way to do it. I dont know what the times were, but if we need to make a judgement call on the white flag we will, we are sticking to that 10 minute area on time, no buts.

We have 50 beginner, 50 sr., 50 jr., and a Kids 10" pitbike class saturday night, air cooled engines only.

ktm792

PR Member
Thats exactly right, if they make 1-2-3-4 laps, they are on the track racing for the same amount of time as the rest of the classes, minus Open A & 250A, thats probably the fairest way to do it. I dont know what the times were, but if we need to make a judgement call on the white flag we will, we are sticking to that 10 minute area on time, no buts.

We have 50 beginner, 50 sr., 50 jr., and a Kids 10" pitbike class saturday night, air cooled engines only.

Thanks for the response.

Scoob

PR Founding Father
You could cut the track to reduce the 50's lap times and increase their laps. Can't recall if you did that last time. Could cut the track right after the finish line with a right hander into middle tunnel. Sure, cuts out a lot of track, but... Guess could maybe also cut off of new section down by creek water truck entry into sweeper before Rupelator section... Could do that with Mini-ATV also.

Mosher

PR Founding Father
Cool. I like it when someone makes a decision!!

I am thinking about bringing my 1972 CT 70 to the battle at BC. Can I please get a class for Vintage trail bikes though!

Ref call = NO! You have to ride A class...I'll teach you. ;)

But, I might bring my SL70 or XR75 out for some barrel racing.

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
You could cut the track to reduce the 50's lap times and increase their laps. Can't recall if you did that last time. Could cut the track right after the finish line with a right hander into middle tunnel. Sure, cuts out a lot of track, but... Guess could maybe also cut off of new section down by creek water truck entry into sweeper before Rupelator section... Could do that with Mini-ATV also.

If you do 2 laps or 100, time is time. 10 minutes per class, you are paying for track time. Cutting the track just complicates things with flaggers. if we all run the same track that it eliminates the potential for a track worker error, parents blowing up over nothing and all other ailments that go with it.

Everyone runs the same track.

Mosher

PR Founding Father
If you do 2 laps or 100, time is time. 10 minutes per class, you are paying for track time. Cutting the track just complicates things with flaggers. if we all run the same track that it eliminates the potential for a track worker error, parents blowing up over nothing and all other ailments that go with it.

Here, here....no shorting the lil ones whether they're going to LL or not...I don't want the parents mad(der).

nitrofish

PR Addict
Lol, we will do our standard pitbike fiasco races, 50 dads can race those, more than likely on parts of the c track this year. 10", 12", open, 30+, and kids 10", and 12". Also adding a slow race, wheelie contest, and possibly head to head single elimination barrel races, all while we crank out the tunes from the big stage.

I enjoyed the one year that we figure 8 raced in front of the stage! The faces of the band members was priceless.

Scoob

PR Founding Father

Makes total sense it does....

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
I enjoyed the one year that we figure 8 raced in front of the stage! The faces of the band members was priceless.

Figure 8....only way I wanna watch or race that is if its a stock car pulling a trailer.

What about the friday preview JO. Hiss hiss. Scratch. Meow. That cats gettin' angry.

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
Figure 8....only way I wanna watch or race that is if its a stock car pulling a trailer.

What about the friday preview JO. Hiss hiss. Scratch. Meow. That cats gettin' angry.

Simma down now! Looking for a sponsor.....shsssshhh! Good secrets are best kept chilled and on the down low.