Battle 3 Moto Format at BC?

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
I have been talking to various folks about the battle finale at BC in regards to format. Originally we had planned to split motos between Saturday and Sunday to allow enough time to give everyone an extra lap, plus we wanted to allow plenty of time to dress up the track when needed. Now with Jason talking about three motos next year, and some people just flat telling me they look forward to three motos at BC, should we just go ahead and run a three moto format? If so, what are the pros and cons?, discuss.

I personally like the three moto format but I would be concerned about it having a negative affect on the turnout. It makes it a 2 day committment rather than one. How about the idea of running quads and youth classes one day and big bike classes the other? It seems that way you could give more laps each day and reduce prep work needed each day making it a shorter race day each day. You might even have time to allow longer practice sessions on the race days for people who can't make it to the Friday practice day. Just some thoughts I had rolling around in my head. We will be there for the whole weekend regardless.

My family and myself love the idea of the whole three day event. But, we're gonna have to figure out how to make 3 days work. Not having a toy hauler or rv is tough for 2 nights and 3 days. With any luck our house we're flipping will have sold before then, and maybe we'll be looking into a toy hauler.

I guess I am confused.........I thought the final race at BC was going to be a 3 moto format from the beginning. I like Jason's idea of making all three races next year 3 moto races over two days. I think these races are going to catch on, and plenty of people will mark off these three weekends early in the year to make them. Just my opinion.

I've raced three motos in Florida and its fun. They would try and get two motos on Saturday done and the third on Sunday. If there were any problems tho a lot of the time it would end up being two motos. One race got cut short because of rain and some people only got two motos while others got three. If you are making a two day out of it may as well make it three motos. IMO tho I'd rather see two motos on Sunday a lot of people don't have motorhomes. I understand you are trying to make it a big event tho.

Justin - This race has been slated to be a 2 day race from the rip, its been on my schedule and OMA site schedule that way since December.

John - Thats why I am considering it, a moto each day seems extremely foreign to most, but I guess my thoughts were more laps and a moto each day. Perhaps instead of 2 motos-6 lap each, we do 3 motos - 5 laps each.

No change in race entry cost, stil $25 per class, but we will be charging $20 for the weekend for the gate, this is friday-sunday or sat-sun. All single day spectators will be $10 for sat or sun. I think thats still a pretty good deal considering what it is.

I think if this is supposed to be the biggest race in Ohio, if it trully is that, then most will find a way to buddy up with someone in a camper, pitch a tent, get a room even. There are several hotels 20-25 minutes away in Zanesville and Newark. I know Connie already has her room at the Cherry Valley Lodge, which does have an indoor water park. The word is thats there back up plan if the Saturday night pit party gets to over the top for them.

Either way, this should be a race that isnt a maybe, its a definitely. Make plans, get it done, go racing.

3 moto deff makes it seem like a legit big race. If the race is gonna be 2 days anyways, then 3 motos is the way to go

I have been talking to various folks about the battle finale at BC in regards to format. Originally we had planned to split motos between Saturday and Sunday to allow enough time to give everyone an extra lap, plus we wanted to allow plenty of time to dress up the track when needed. Now with Jason talking about three motos next year, and some people just flat telling me they look forward to three motos at BC, should we just go ahead and run a three moto format? If so, what are the pros and cons?, discuss.

Where is the like button on this forum...very cool Jer...bagging the CanAm weekend and staying home..I can't cheat on my local tracks like that!! Can't wait...see you there. Gonna feel like a LL Regional weekend. FunMovers, Air Drones, RC cars, bikes, motorycyles, beverages, friends, ...what else? Can it get any better? If you miss this event, you are flat out wrong!

Where the like button on this forum...very cool Jer...bagging the CanAm weekend and staying home..I can't cheat on my local tracks like that!! Can't wait...see you there. Gonna feel like a LL Regional weekend. FunMovers, Air Drones, RC cars, bikes, motorycyles, beverages, friends, ...what else? Can it get any better? If you miss this event, you are flat out wrong!

Not too mention Saturday night we will have a live band and music, pitbike racing, and a beer garden..thats right....possibly a sxs race on the C track.

Not too mention Saturday night we will have a live band and music, pitbike racing, and a beer garden..thats right....possibly a sxs race on the C track.

....ooh boy! Yeah forgot about some of those that were included in last years event!! Bringing the Pitbike, my favorite beer drinking Monster Energy Mug, and my bell bottom jeans to dance in!!! U did say dance contest at the beer tent.. Right?

....ooh boy! Yeah forgot about some of those that were included in last years event!! Bringing the Pitbike, my favorite beer drinking Monster Energy Mug, and my bell bottom jeans to dance in!!! U did say dance contest at the beer tent.. Right?

Lol, we will even have a massive stage to dance on, after the band is done, it has a roof and everything.

The regionals are all 3 moto formats, it is the funnest racing I have ever done.

3 motos or throw in the towel. With all the entertainment I would suggest enforcing a noise curfew though. While all that is fun and needed you dont want it turning into a all night party. Its not the reputation this series needs. Plus lots of folks will be there to race hard and dont need to be kept up till 3 am by all the idiots having fun!

Also need to enforce the pit riding issue. Last year you almost had 4 young dead bodies buried by the RC track. Just sayin....

No!!!! Don't ban fireworks! If you are going to get hurt no two better ways.....mx or fireworks! Lol

Back