Battle 3 Moto Format at BC?

TowerGal

PR Founding Father
There are several hotels 20-25 minutes away in Zanesville and Newark. I know Connie already has her room at the Cherry Valley Lodge, which does have an indoor water park. The word is thats there back up plan if the Saturday night pit party gets to over the top for them.

OVER THE TOP FOR ME & MY GIRLS? We can keep up..don't you worry about us....lol

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
Got another idea to throw a monkey wrench in the equation. Every moto have a drawing for laps. Have two tickets or regular laps (whatever determined at riders meeting) and have one 15 minute ticket. That 15+1 could be drawn once in any three moto. Once it's drawn that's it. So 3 moto format and you'll randomly get 1 15+1 moto.

John250

PR Founding Father
Got another idea to throw a monkey wrench in the equation. Every moto have a drawing for laps. Have two tickets or regular laps (whatever determined at riders meeting) and have one 15 minute ticket. That 15+1 could be drawn once in any three moto. Once it's drawn that's it. So 3 moto format and you'll randomly get 1 15+1 moto.

Georgies idea is kind of crazy.........but pretty cool.

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father

I like the element of surprise, I fear people leaving though, maybe randomly getting an extra lap?

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
I like the element of surprise, I fear people leaving though, maybe randomly getting an extra lap?

And maybe backwards dead engine start randomobility too. With free swag.
See
everyone was just so mad until they read swag. Now they're thinkin that's a grand idea!

mblair

PR Founding Father
Inverted gate picks. If you win the moto you get last gate pick not first. :) Everyone goes to the gate from last to first.

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
The three moto format works well when combined with a race schedule taking classes and track prep into consideration.
At the Regional’s it’s obvious they do that and it makes for a well rounded moto experience.
Seems that we get a nice track, an Ok track and a bombed out track all within the same weekend.
I’ve witnessed the shifting of some classes around come Sunday morning when needed.
And the simple One-Lap (under yellow caution) to start Sundays racing is such a time saver.
One Lap at 8:00 / Racing at 8:15...

jstory

PR Addict
They do that at the Mini O's everyday after the full day of practice. Its a constant single file line around the whole track and your only opportunity to see the track before you race that day whether you are the first moto or last for the day.

John250

PR Founding Father
I like the one sight lap and get to the racing. Great idea on a two day race. That second day can be over much earlier and people headed home at a decent time after a long weekend.

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
I like the one sight lap and get to the racing. Great idea on a two day race. That second day can be over much earlier and people headed home at a decent time after a long weekend.

The sight lap on Sunday is a must do instead of a full practice session, I cant see anything wrong with that. Give everyone a lap and go racing. On Saturday, I can see where we need to give guys at least a practice of 3 laps or so, just in case they couldnt be here Friday.

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
The sight lap on Sunday is a must do instead of a full practice session, I cant see anything wrong with that. Give everyone a lap and go racing. On Saturday, I can see where we need to give guys at least a practice of 3 laps or so, just in case they couldnt be here Friday.

Saturday: Start Practice 8:20AM Sharp. A/B Big bikes, C Big Bikes, A/B Quads, C Quads, 85/65, 50. 10 minute sesscions a piece. Riders meeting 9:15AM, First gate drop 9:30AM.

I know that's tight, given no opportunity to prep after practice....but..really should we prep directly after practice? The track should be great after 50 minutes of practice....

Sunday: 745am-8am Sight lap with or without you. Start at MOTO 1 and make a continous single file UNDER FULL TRACK CAUTION NO JUMPING from the start straight. 8:15 AM Gate drops for whatever moto is set to go.... No jumping. No Jumping! Full track caution. (This is to ensure that nobody goes out there and is playing Briarcliff hero and wads themselves up and puts everything behind schedule...)

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
Saturday: Start Practice 8:20AM Sharp. A/B Big bikes, C Big Bikes, A/B Quads, C Quads, 85/65, 50. 10 minute sesscions a piece. Riders meeting 9:15AM, First gate drop 9:30AM.

I know that's tight, given no opportunity to prep after practice....but..really should we prep directly after practice? The track should be great after 50 minutes of practice....

Sunday: 745am-8am Sight lap with or without you. Start at MOTO 1 and make a continous single file UNDER FULL TRACK CAUTION NO JUMPING from the start straight. 8:15 AM Gate drops for whatever moto is set to go.... No jumping. No Jumping! Full track caution. (This is to ensure that nobody goes out there and is playing Briarcliff hero and wads themselves up and puts everything behind schedule...)

Last year we had 2 groups of A/B and 3 groups of C bike, and we let 50 out at a time.

I like the 1 lap morning practice thing, but I don't know if the single file 1 lap caution deal will work.....way to foreign for most people, opening a can of worms to police everyone trying to cheat.

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
How would they cheat ? It works well at mini os. Everyone goes around close to the same speed so people that show up early and late can still go out and site the track.

It really does work nicely.....they funnel 5000+ riders through in under 30 minutes.

John250

PR Founding Father
Daytona had practice for each class. They instructed everyone that the first lap was under caution (all flags were waving every where), then once the first lap was done, practice was on. Great idea in my opinion on a track that no one had ever been on. BUT.......every single class, even the Vet classes, had jack a***s running up behind you jumping crap. I had rolled the biggest double on the track, and as I am rolling over the second jump to the right, here comes some jack ass landing over the double right next to me........REALLY? So as much as you want to say no jumping.....we have idiots that either don't understand English, or just don't give a crap.

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
Daytona had practice for each class. They instructed everyone that the first lap was under caution (all flags were waving every where), then once the first lap was done, practice was on. Great idea in my opinion on a track that no one had ever been on. BUT.......every single class, even the Vet classes, had jack a***s running up behind you jumping crap. I had rolled the biggest double on the track, and as I am rolling over the second jump to the right, here comes some jack ass landing over the double right next to me........REALLY? So as much as you want to say no jumping.....we have idiots that either don't understand English, or just don't give a crap.

This is why it wont work georgie^^^^^