Two questions - 1. Neck brace and Vet Day at TV Land

Nope... Never bought a bike and had to wait so long to ride it... Getting acccupuncture today and hope to ride this weekend sore or not... Gonna have to suck it up

As a Vet rider, I never wore a neck brace until this year. Ironic that the thread is "neck brace and TV Land" because for anyone at TV Land over Memorial Day weekend (on Saturday), I was the Vet rider (40+ class) taken out in the 2nd moto (coming out of the first corner over the table and into the double/single). Came around the first corner and in the air someone took me out over the table. I went head first into the first jump on the double/single. Slammed me hard. Long story made short, helmet was destroyed and I didn't really know where I was laying there on the track. Back and ribs were extremely sore for weeks. I believe more so from taking the impact (helmet into the neck brace). However, without that neck brace, I hate to think what could have happened to my neck and head and frankly, whether I would be walking today. Point is, you don't even notice the neck brace riding. My son is just learning to ride and I went and got him a neck brace because you don't know what kind of freak accident can happen. The technology is available. Find a neckbrace that is comfortable and get it!

As a Vet rider, I never wore a neck brace until this year. Ironic that the thread is "neck brace and TV Land" because for anyone at TV Land over Memorial Day weekend (on Saturday), I was the Vet rider (40+ class) taken out in the 2nd moto (coming out of the first corner over the table and into the double/single). Came around the first corner and in the air someone took me out over the table. I went head first into the first jump on the double/single. Slammed me hard. Long story made short, helmet was destroyed and I didn't really know where I was laying there on the track. Back and ribs were extremely sore for weeks. I believe more so from taking the impact (helmet into the neck brace). However, without that neck brace, I hate to think what could have happened to my neck and head and frankly, whether I would be walking today. Point is, you don't even notice the neck brace riding. My son is just learning to ride and I went and got him a neck brace because you don't know what kind of freak accident can happen. The technology is available. Find a neckbrace that is comfortable and get it!

I wear a neck brace...........but this could open Pandora's box again!

I also wear one, like Sharc said it wont help with the riding soreness. You need to do what makes you comfortable. I switched from a Leatt to the Atlas. It is a much safer design and it has more room for your helmet.

Back