Are you out training today?

ck1racerx

PR Addict
Months ago I asked why Ohio riders do not do well at LL and one of the excuses was "Riders in the south can train in the heat so they do better" Well its hotter then two squirrels doing it in a wool sock, are you out running??? Man its hot.
If you do run by my house, yell, and I will open the curtain and wave as I drink a cold beer and eat a snickers.

Hoping it cools off a little, need to walk around Mid Ohio to find parts to finish my '75 KX 250. Then I can take it to BC and run 40+.

If people ran in this heat as much as you run your mouth on here, Ohio would dominate at the ranch!

I would be running in this heat if I was going to the ranch this year to race....... but since I'm not, I've got the AC on in my house and have been acclimating myself to the much cooler world of air conditioning than I have in the past few summers. Good luck to those training for the heat and long motos, the sucky part is the training, the good part is the racing and having fun at Loretta's! Good luck to all the Ohio racers making the trip this year!

I thought about going to open practice at Dirt Country tonight.........then decided against it. It was freakin hot last night on a street bike.

Yeah yeah.....I thought about it, but its more punishement for my son not allowed to be able to go. And I hate going without him. He got in trouble, and I am trying to make a point with him.

Man, I use to HATE running in this crap. I would skip running and just go practice. Maybe that's why my pro career did not last long...
Funny you brought up DC John, I was just looking at it on Bing maps. They need to build a Supercross track in the infield and bring back the two day events for 1984. Women mud wrestling and all. Next time you go down there let me know. I need to get my son out on a track. He has the grass field mastered.

DC would be a good place for him. Not too many jumps there, but enough to get him feeling like being on a track. I used to love the night races there. Was just talking to Cindy about them a couple weeks ago. Saturday afternoon jet ski races in the pond, and motocross in the evening.

...need to walk around Mid Ohio to find parts to finish my '75 KX 250. Then I can take it to BC and run 40+.

I would like to see that...the bike, not the racing. I'll be racing you in the 40+ class if indeed you make it.

I hate running period, well... I always tell folks, there is only two reasons I run:

1) I'm chasing somebody/something
2) Somebody/something is chasing me.

Would like to go to LL someday, but probably should at least race more then a half dozen times first..., however, I'll be training somewhat for BOO@BC. Going to play some tennis here in a few...my other sport. Sure, I'm playing a bunch of retired guys, but them dudes have me chasing the ball all the freak over. 'Tis running/training. ;)

Hopefully ride/train some more this weekend... :)

Good day...2 20+ minute motos at the Apple Cabin. Hot...hot..hot.. 93 degrees or so. Mitchy was a soup sandwich when he came in after them. My response,... get ready for 3 with an extra 20 degrees of heat in 2 weeks. No complaints though from him, just my observations and I worked diligently to get his body temp down and hydrate him. Thanks to Chris Carr for the chase bike for Mitchy in a few corners. Mitchy was stoked you even noticed and commented. Also, thanks for not running me over after I walked out, almost, in front of you, while you were pegged on a straight. Nice chatting with you.

I'm just getting over a torn PCL in my right knee and haven't ridden since last August, so I'm just now able to run starting last week, with the help of pills. So, yes I run 2 miles every other day, at 51 yrs old. Football starts Monday for matt so my 11 yr old is running with me. But he's 5ft6 185 lbs. So he needs to run anyhow.

Tennis? You are much more sophisticated than I thought! Tea and crumpets?

ha ha...maybe iced tea and a twinkie! :) Yeah, obviously you do not know me very well and/or I do not know you very well either. ;)

Not a lot of sophistication with me and my game. Not a lot of finess. More of a brutal power game or no game at all depending on how the session goes. Played pretty well last night. Serve, ground strokes, and even a little net play was working. Was a sopping wet mess. Grip on racket was starting to fail. Busted a racket one time on a serve from that... Good thing the old guys, well at least one old guy, were ready to quit after 2 sets. It was good exercise. Some intermittent running here and there. Definately would have rather been riding. Hopefully this weather will hold out and we can hit the track this weekend.

Looks like the race plan is going to be limted this year to an extent. Still looking to hit Hartford Nationals, Vet Fest, and BOO@BC and whatever else I can scrape by with.

Good luck to those LL peeps! Would so rather be training for that.

I rode at Apple Cabin yesterday and I can tell you the heat is not the issue, Ive never been that hot after a moto at any track in Cali. Ive only been riding for 5 months out in SoCal but these tracks in Ohio aren't open much at all (maybe 1 day per week?). In 45min to 1.5 hours I can be at Lake Elsinore, Glenn Helen or Pala Raceway, these tracks are all open 5 days per week minimum all winter long. In warmer (less rainy) climates you can ride all year long, not so in Ohio. The average summer temp at Pala is 75 degrees, yet kids from Cali win more LL than any other states.

I love the dirt around here though, and never saw a water truck on the Apple Cabin main track once. I am a novice who rides 1-2 per week, every week, in Cali. I do notice that I get passed way less out here than in Cali but Ive also been passed by Ken Roczen and James Stewart on the same track, same day so, its not a fair comparison. I think its just a matter of seat time, the more you ride (against faster people) the better you get.

I

I rode at Apple Cabin yesterday and I can tell you the heat is not the issue, Ive never been that hot after a moto at any track in Cali. Ive only been riding for 5 months out in SoCal but these tracks in Ohio aren't open much at all (maybe 1 day per week?). In 45min to 1.5 hours I can be at Lake Elsinore, Glenn Helen or Pala Raceway, these tracks are all open 5 days per week minimum all winter long. In warmer (less rainy) climates you can ride all year long, not so in Ohio. The average summer temp at Pala is 75 degrees, yet kids from Cali win more LL than any other states.

This is true. I don't understand it either. Why close it during the week. Honda Hills was open 7 days a week. Lightning is open 7 days a week. Why not others?

This is true. I don't understand it either. Why close it during the week. Honda Hills was open 7 days a week. Lightning is open 7 days a week. Why not others?

Just a thought, but one would be finances. We live in one of the lowest income states in the US. The same 120,000 dollar home here costs 320,000 in Cali. Doesn't pay to do track prep when no one shows up. Two: would be due to population, some places have noise ordinances. Three: some tracks have rules regarding to their availability from their respected organizations. Four: You have to have someone tending the gate, doing track work, whatever, etc, that doesn't come for free usually. This state has it's plusses and minuses but for most it's not the easiest of times.

My track is open 24/7. Expect dust, large rocks, so hard pack that Scoob could play tennis on it and tore up jump faces. Closed today.

Back