Are you out training today?

Just a thought, but one would be finances. We live in one of the lowest income states in the US. The same 120,000 dollar home here costs 320,000 in Cali. Doesn't pay to do track prep when no one shows up. Two: would be due to population, some places have noise ordinances. Three: some tracks have rules regarding to their availability from their respected organizations. Four: You have to have someone tending the gate, doing track work, whatever, etc, that doesn't come for free usually. This state has it's plusses and minuses but for most it's not the easiest of times.

I saw no difference in the number of riders at Apple Cabin on Thursday, than a typical Thursday at Pala, perhaps it was a good day for them? On a side note, from what Ive seen, the size of a120k home here in Alliance would cost 750k easily in San-Dog.

Also at all the tracks out west they have actual flaggers on every section not to mention they have to water the tracks 5x as much as they do here because if how dry it is. All of the MX parks I mentioned also have 3-5 differnt vet, main, amateur, mini and Supercross tracks to upkeep. I would think it would be waaay harder to run a track out west especially sinces its known as a smog nazi state, and diesel is about a dollar more.

One thing people seem to have here thats a bit rare out west is the work ethic, had that been Elsinore's practice day with 90 degree temps and 90% humidity dudes would have packed up and left to go surfing instead.

This is true. I don't understand it either. Why close it during the week. Honda Hills was open 7 days a week. Lightning is open 7 days a week. Why not others?

It costs too much to put out the kind of product that earns you a decent reputation. Roughly $500-600 per day depending on how many tracks, how deep, how much water, dozer. Everytime an hour ticks off the equipment, its gone, you dont get it back. The equipment is counting down to something and its not good. So everytime you prep, you need to maximize the income on hours burnt in the seat. Thats an explanantion from my situation. Now if we really thought our neighbors would stomach 5 days a week, and i could average 100 per day, then yes, this is all i would do from April-November and shut down for winter.

Back