Battle Practice & Moto?

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
Friday August 30th, we will be having sessions of practice for Battle weekend. There has been talk of running a moto after practice, a battle preview race. Special bragging rights and cool one off trophy just for that victor. Just an idea, wanted to get some thoughts and to see if anyone would even want to do this? Maybe this is the King of the Cliff that never was?

Open 14-99yrs 111cc-999cc 15 minutes +2 laps. Run em. Run a 3 lap heat if more than 40 sign up. Sign me up, where's the pre entry link?

Open 14-99yrs 111cc-999cc 15 minutes +2 laps. Run em. Run a 3 lap heat if more than 40 sign up. Sign me up, where's the pre entry link?

No no no.. everything except 15 mins. 1 Lap. Dash for one off trophy. 15 Mins is for sat and sun! Sign me Up! If im Not on my honeymoon.

To heck with that dash for cash crap. Long moto would be good for you. You need your ass in shape for the honeymoon.

To heck with that dash for cash crap. Long moto would be good for you. You need your ass in shape for the honeymoon.
For what? Stamina? To down as many crown and cokes, rib eyes, and crab legs that I can?

1 Lap! How about a +240 class! Lol

How late will practice run on the 30th? How much practice time will kids get on the 31st? End of August most if not all kids will be in school on the 30th.

How late will practice run on the 30th? How much practice time will kids get on the 31st? End of August most if not all kids will be in school on the 30th.

Forgot about that........hummm. Try not to take Matthew out of school early in the year because we always take them out for vacations in the spring, and next year have two trip to florida in the spring. Wonder how many hours he has to be in school to count a full day?

I would pull the kids out of school for this. Its just one day, and its labor day weekend. Its pretty common for big events.

Practice till 5:00 pm on Friday. Saturday morning we are running one 3 lap session for everyone.

I thought we had already decided in another thread that proper race etiquette for a promoter is to have a "real" practice of 4 laps on a race day to not penalize those that are racing regularly and can't be at open rides or take more days off of work before a triple crown race and have a decent chance to learn the track if they show up on Saturday for the Battle and aren't BC regulars. Then, only 1 lap sight practice on Sunday to get things going early....... much like they do at Loretta Lynn's regional type events.

Next thing you know, I'll not be allowed to point a laser into the eyes of my brother's / kid's competitors on the starting line!!! What is this world coming to???

I thought we had already decided in another thread that proper race etiquette for a promoter is to have a "real" practice of 4 laps on a race day to not penalize those that are racing regularly and can't be at open rides or take more days off of work before a triple crown race and have a decent chance to learn the track if they show up on Saturday for the Battle and aren't BC regulars. Then, only 1 lap sight practice on Sunday to get things going early....... much like they do at Loretta Lynn's regional type events.

Next thing you know, I'll not be allowed to point a laser into the eyes of my brother's / kid's competitors on the starting line!!! What is this world coming to???

LOL, how about 4 laps or 7 minutes, which ever comes first!!

You know what I'm talking about...... a racer that drives a long way to show up at your big race that is trying to attract attention shouldn't be penalized for not coming to an open practice before. He's got to have a fair shot at learning a brand new track to him in the regular practice offered at a race. 4 laps per session run like clockwork on stated times happen at the big race levels elsewhere and should be offered here. It was discussed at length in another thread about 2 day events, length of practice, etc....... just giving my $.02 having been a racer that shows up at a race in New York, Michigan, California, Kentucky, Indiana, Illinois, Pennsylvania, West Virginia, Florida, etc that needed to quickly learn a track and race it on the same day against locals that ride there all the time.

You know what I'm talking about...... a racer that drives a long way to show up at your big race that is trying to attract attention shouldn't be penalized for not coming to an open practice before. He's got to have a fair shot at learning a brand new track to him in the regular practice offered at a race. 4 laps per session run like clockwork on stated times happen at the big race levels elsewhere and should be offered here. It was discussed at length in another thread about 2 day events, length of practice, etc....... just giving my $.02 having been a racer that shows up at a race in New York, Michigan, California, Kentucky, Indiana, Illinois, Pennsylvania, West Virginia, Florida, etc that needed to quickly learn a track and race it on the same day against locals that ride there all the time.

if we do 4 laps, will the long winded typist show up from his hiatus from racing?

No, the long winded typist still won't show up from his racing hiatus this year........ just wanting to see the Ohio racing community (OMA District X)succeed in this new effort to become a destination for racing and attract others to come here vs sending our best riders other places to find great tracks and competition. If a racer from New York drives to show up and feels that home track advantage is too great to come back....... we won't have others coming to our Ohio events to better ourselves against. Long range is what I'm thinking........ I'd have no problem with 3 laps at your track as I've been there many times and could get it down no problem, but my first visit ever to BC wasn't 3 laps before I was racing on the track and that's the unfair part to racers who travel to your track from a distance. It's not for me, it's for the good of others.

if we do 4 laps, will the long winded typist show up from his hiatus from racing?

Or will he do the hokey pokey??.... ;)

I'd go with the 7 minute dealio. Just makes it more consistent for all practices no matter bike size. Sucks for the fuel injected 50's (maybe just make them 3 laps) and the sight seers (do a better job at walking the track in the early morning), but it's a big event. Have to cut corners. Otherwise Robin will be posting the day after the event that he got home at 1am in the morning and the event just lasted too long! Granted, Robin probably wouldn't do that and their are other factors that go into the event run time in addition to practice, but just saying....

I forgot about school starting. :( I never did understand why they don't wait till after the holiday to start, Labor Day is the official end of summer anyway. Have you decided the format yet? 1 Moto each day Sat and Sun? Or 3 Moto dealio? Can't wait, a good time as always!

No, the long winded typist still won't show up from his racing hiatus this year........ just wanting to see the Ohio racing community (OMA District X)succeed in this new effort to become a destination for racing and attract others to come here vs sending our best riders other places to find great tracks and competition. If a racer from New York drives to show up and feels that home track advantage is too great to come back....... we won't have others coming to our Ohio events to better ourselves against. Long range is what I'm thinking........ I'd have no problem with 3 laps at your track as I've been there many times and could get it down no problem, but my first visit ever to BC wasn't 3 laps before I was racing on the track and that's the unfair part to racers who travel to your track from a distance. It's not for me, it's for the good of others.

Makes sense it does, but what percentage of the riders are we talking? Hard to tell I know. Could be huge! Could be minimal. Just glad it's not my decision. Somewhere, somehow, peeps is gonna be bitching. Just in their blood to do so. It's not about the racing, it's about the bitching! I think?? ;)

Is what it is though. Can't say I don't, but I do miss the days of the Spring Series and Buckeye Series races that had a few folks at the line and paid contingentcy. Heck, I just miss racing period...

I can say at this race I will be if bike and body are able. To answer your question though: Yes. Give me battle practice and moto please. Thanks! :)

Back