1976 yz175.

Tell us more about the bike and motor. Aren't the cases different from the 125? Is that a canister fork bike?

I still have my '77 IT 175 in pieces. That was a great motor in its' day but I don't know if it has anything in common with the '76 YZ.

Tell us more about the bike and motor. Aren't the cases different from the 125? Is that a canister fork bike?

I still have my '77 IT 175 in pieces. That was a great motor in its' day but I don't know if it has anything in common with the '76 YZ.

I'm pretty sure the 77 IT doesn't have much in common.

I don't believe the cases are different (from a 125 to 175) and it uses the same rod from 74-78 (I'm pretty sure). I have an extra 125 cylinder for an X and we'll see what they measure out too and see if there is enough meat to bore it out (I'm doubtful, but will still look). I tried to email Gorr, but haven't gotten any response back (but I hear it's better to call him), so I don't know how far we can go, or sleeve. There is a lot of pistons out there, but hardly any cylinders.

The one I bought is a C and does not have the cannisters, but the 175C did have the cannisters.

I'm pretty sure there are major engine differences, side covers are different. At least between the C model 125 and the X, the 125X and 175 might be the same, i dont remember. Cylinders are different C to X also. Mike has both and truly knows, I'd PM him. Air boxes are different sizes among the 100/125/175 too, as are the boots that connect them to the carb.

Back