1976 yz175.

k01

PR Elite
Tell us more about the bike and motor. Aren't the cases different from the 125? Is that a canister fork bike?

I still have my '77 IT 175 in pieces. That was a great motor in its' day but I don't know if it has anything in common with the '76 YZ.

Mosher

PR Founding Father
Tell us more about the bike and motor. Aren't the cases different from the 125? Is that a canister fork bike?

I still have my '77 IT 175 in pieces. That was a great motor in its' day but I don't know if it has anything in common with the '76 YZ.

I'm pretty sure the 77 IT doesn't have much in common.

I don't believe the cases are different (from a 125 to 175) and it uses the same rod from 74-78 (I'm pretty sure). I have an extra 125 cylinder for an X and we'll see what they measure out too and see if there is enough meat to bore it out (I'm doubtful, but will still look). I tried to email Gorr, but haven't gotten any response back (but I hear it's better to call him), so I don't know how far we can go, or sleeve. There is a lot of pistons out there, but hardly any cylinders.

The one I bought is a C and does not have the cannisters, but the 175C did have the cannisters.

mxpilot

PR Elite
I'm pretty sure there are major engine differences, side covers are different. At least between the C model 125 and the X, the 125X and 175 might be the same, i dont remember. Cylinders are different C to X also. Mike has both and truly knows, I'd PM him. Air boxes are different sizes among the 100/125/175 too, as are the boots that connect them to the carb.