Battle Excitement

In short...it seemed that anything that coulda, woulda, shoulda happened did happen! Motocross happened!

No race updates at all?

Here's the Scoob Report:

Weather today, well, since about 5am or so yesterday was great!! Track was a gnarly SOB first moto. I survived and am good with that. Plessenger was hauling the mail. Won both 250 motos with relative ease and he did the first 450 moto walking away. Had to go home and let out the pooches, so mossed moto 2 of which I heard McDade took with the overall. 15 minute pro motos... 7 minute moto or 4 lap moto setup worked well I thought. Hershey got his foot caught in a rut in practice and decided to not take a chance of ending season again by doing so again in moto and set out today. Well, other than being the trick with the mic 2nd motos....

For 23 classes, we did pretty good I think today. One of my motos was 22 out of 23m but I was done racing before 7pm I believe. Thinking injuries were kept to a minimum all day except last moto, last lap, last corner kid went down in Super Mini I think it was and had to be taken in the ambulance I think. Compound lower leg fractures. Let's pray for the kid there...

As for me, nothing spectacular in terms of results. Thinking 6-8 of each Vet 30 and Vet 40 left yesterday so gates weren't as packed as they could have been. Starts were horrible, So was deep tire width corner rut riding... If I could learn to get through them better, I really think my results would improve greatly. Thinking it was 8th overall in Vet 40 and 11th in Vet 30. Some fast dudes in both classes to likes of Jeff Gibson, Shaun Kuchler, Josh Hamilton, Agin and others. Kinda wish they would run us all together, but score us different between A and B/C in those classes. Not really sure where I stack up. Just know I am not an A rider at this point.

Was a good weekend. If you bagged it, you missed it. Your fault. See you next year. I'm pooped. Should have been in bed a couple of hours ago... Good night! :)

Scoob...realized I met you and didn't even know it...so nice to meet you! I haven't been able to go back to sleep...Scott the parent of the rider that went down called about midnight...his son has a fracture to the lower fibia...not broken or separated thankfully. No compound break or anything like that. Recovery is 4-6 weeks.

Scoob...realized I met you and didn't even know it...so nice to meet you! I haven't been able to go back to sleep...Scott the parent of the rider that went down called about midnight...his son has a fracture to the lower fibia...not broken or separated thankfully. No compound break or anything like that. Recovery is 4-6 weeks.

Thats good news Jarrett. Well at least the for the situation. Thanks for the update.

The storm Friday night was awesomely frightening. Or maybe it just seemed that way because we were sleeping in a van! Chris wanted to call it a weekend and go home (we have had so many bike problems this year and he didn't want to take a chance of destroying another!) But the older wiser Grandmother chose to stick it out and see what Sunday brought us and we were both happy we did. Track shaped up and it was a good day. Chris was happy with his 6th and 5th place finish in the Pro class. Considering how little we have raced this year I was happy with his results also. Sorry to hear someone got hurt. For the most part there were few crashes that I saw. So for those of you who decided to leave...you missed some good times and good racing. Thank you Briar Cliff for all your hard work. I feel bad knowing your work is not over..clean up and putting the track back in shape will be a job. I can understand why you don't but I am sure I am not alone in wishing you had more races there.

I want to thank Jarrett for his Sat. and Sun. sermon. He is so inspiring and should he choose the ministry as his path in life we will all benefit from it. So for those who missed that..well enough said.

So no races on Saturday? Only two motos on Sunday? Looking at the results, I was trying to figure out why there are a ton of two moto DNS. All these guys pack up and go home and not wait around on Saturday?

So no races on Saturday? Only two motos on Sunday? Looking at the results, I was trying to figure out why there are a ton of two moto DNS. All these guys pack up and go home and not wait around on Saturday?

Best I can figure. All 3 tracks opened up for practice eventually and Saturday night was good just for the entertainment JO provided. Heck, if you weren't racing it would've been worth the price of admission just for Saturday night. Yeah, folks that packed up, missed out.

The 3 moto first would have worked so sweet if Saturday didn't get rained out like it did. Would have been an early Sunday wrap up for sure...

The knee is doing well. Its much much better than sunday! Good because it means its not tore up bad if its that much better that quick.

I had a blast this weekend !

Back