OMA Grand Prix thoughts and ideas

Got a question, why are all the big bikes not run together? Like in Harescrambles? Ive never done a GP so is this how all GP's are run? Harescrambles have Pee Wee/Mini quads, MINI bikes, Big Bikes, and then Big Quads. Just curious.

Not trying to be the boss, just trying to add info.....but the GP's have sessions and you can race multiple sessions per day. I usually race Open in the morning and then +40 in the afternoon.

BC layout looks good.

Not trying to be the boss, just trying to add info.....but the GP's have sessions and you can race multiple sessions per day. I usually race Open in the morning and then +40 in the afternoon.

BC layout looks good.

I know just givin ya a hard time. And ok im assuming u pay twice then as well? There a discount for the 2nd class?

More MX track, too much woods. Shoot for 50/50 or 60/40 woods to mx IMO.

Ever ridden in the BC woods hershey? Nice and wide with decent terrain and flow.

What you would really enjoy is a big mulch pile section like COCR had a few years ago. Check with Chuck on that one.

Lmao...no. I raced harescrambles for years before I ever raced MX. Its just a good mix IMO to attract both style of riders. Gives each a chance to ride their respective environments and sample the other type. If Im racing a woods guy I want the same advantage to disadvantage ratio. Plus you have an equal amount of fun for both worlds.

Ever ridden in the BC woods hershey? Nice and wide with decent terrain and flow.

What you would really enjoy is a big mulch pile section like COCR had a few years ago. Check with Chuck on that one.

BC woods are really easy. It will be good for GP racing, I have always had more fun at GP events like WRMC where they use almost the entire mx track with an equal amount of woods track as well. I love both.

Now the mulch section, let me tell you what I think about that! $%@#!^#%$@ !!!!!

Lmao...no. I raced harescrambles for years before I ever raced MX. Its just a good mix IMO to attract both style of riders. Gives each a chance to ride their respective environments and sample the other type. If Im racing a woods guy I want the same advantage to disadvantage ratio. Plus you have an equal amount of fun for both worlds.

BC woods are really easy. It will be good for GP racing, I have always had more fun at GP events like WRMC where they use almost the entire mx track with an equal amount of woods track as well. I love both.

Now the mulch section, let me tell you what I think about that! $%@#!^#%$@ !!!!!

Ok I will add the double before the rupalator and the rupalator into the bottom rollers, but that's it. That makes it 60-40. This keeps the uphill triple, center tunnel and the finishline table out of the course which would stack the deck towards Mx too much. I would dig it, but I don't think it would help our turnout. Deal?

I know just givin ya a hard time. And ok im assuming u pay twice then as well? There a discount for the 2nd class?

We are following the Action Sports model. They do $30 for the first class and $15 for the second class. So yes, there is a break!

And I like me some road riding. Mix in some pavement sections where folks can drag their knees in the corners. My road riding buddies need to have a chance to do well too!

;)

And I like me some road riding. Mix in some pavement sections where folks can drag their knees in the corners. My road riding buddies need to have a chance to do well too!

;)

Well then go race TT not GP which IS a cross between mx and harescramble......no road riding included.

JO, go get medals to go around their necks as awards......and make sure all Participates get one.......can the track works do a tunnel for them too?

Anyone complaining, just go play soccer.

working on layout today will add some wider section I also have sections that have small options great for passing. I'll keep you posted.

Bcliff layout looks pretty cool! I do think there has to be something challenging somewhere in the woods if you really want to make it even for both MX and HS guys so bring on that endurocross section JO! One thing you could do is make a pretty tough section where if you take it and make it through clean it would gain you time, but have a route around it thats a ways longer in distance but easy for people who are not into the tough section idea. I have ran quite a few HS and MX, but just a hand full of GP's because they always seem to turn into a super long motocross race, which I think can turn dangerous once everyone is half way through and tired.

Back