Beans GP Round One 1/2 mx 1/2 woods

Sounds like I missed out on some live action in the woods last night! Nice day today cloudy little rain couldn't ask for much more .should be dope!

Is there going to be a pit area to pull off and refuel? I don't think I can go 45 minutes without refueling. Also how are the trails...mud, hill climbs, rocks, roots, or are they fairly tame? Should I leave the 18 inch rear tires on my quad or switch to 20 inch rear tires?

IMG95201309139520430895215.jpg

Bam!...

See you guys in the A.M.

There is no mud sections and dirt is perfect! I ran my 110 around it tonight clipping briars. Can't get better for racing weather

Just wanted to say that the I had a blast at the GP race today. Thanks to Broc and BJ for putting it on. The course was a little more trail than I expected, but still tons of fun to race on.

Thanks for the effort guys it was really fun. Glad I got a chance to race the first and probably only Beans GP! With low turnouts, don't expect there to be a GP series next year.....
Nice to see some of the Southern Ohio GP guys make the trip up. Finally I get to race a GP without driving 3.5 hours! I raced 3 sessions, I'm beat.

Ironic how people complain about too many classes, not enough track time and don't want to spend all day at the track. A GP is the cure all IMO. I left my house at 9 a.m. knew when my race was, had plenty of track time and still had the rest of the day to spend working around the house. I'll be skipping the Athens round due to prior obligations, but plan to hit the remaining rounds. This was my 1st GP and it was great!

Thanks to the Beans crew for a good first effort. Track was fun, just bummed that your turn out was low, and wish some of the MX guys would have had more fun. 3pm session was better for me than the 11. Pit gets the ironman award, 3 sessions is bad-a__ed.

Thanks beans folks, that was different. Not having ever raced in the woods and generally a noob to mx racing. I had a good time, but those roots suck, my hands still hurt from last weeks mx race roost and I can't imagine what would have happened if I connected with a tree ! Gp racing is timely, but no where near the rush of a mx start. Off to Malvern to feed the obsession.

Track was awesome! The crew did a great job on track! Can't complain at all about the course or organization. The racing was good between myself and another KTM rider from the 40+ class, never saw the two other 30+ riders after the start. Really, really bummed that no one showed up to race though. I was expecting an OMA turnout with a lot of riders but when we got there no one was even racing at noon. Only 15 riders in the AM class I heard and 20 in the 3pm race including myself. Weak! I can't believe the turnout though, what were all of you talkers doing yesterday?

<style><!--.ExternalClass .ecxhmmessage P {padding:0px;}.ExternalClass body.ecxhmmessage {font-size:12pt;font-family:Calibri;}--></style> Thanks Beans and OMA for taking on a GP. The Pit Racer faithful seemed to account for most of the turnout. Great to put faces to those screen names. First time events aren't easy and Beans did a fine job adapting their facilities to the GP.

jeffro667 gets the long distance award. He was even early and he never gets to a race early.

Thanks for the effort guys it was really fun. Glad I got a chance to race the first and probably only Beans GP! With low turnouts, don't expect there to be a GP series next year.....

I wonder what to expect when there were 2 OMA tracks with practice the same day...?

Nice to see some of the Southern Ohio GP guys make the trip up. Finally I get to race a GP without driving 3.5 hours! I raced 3 sessions, I'm beat.

Man, I had a blast battling with you John. You definitely had my number in the woods! Wish more people wouldve shown though. Thanks Brock and BJ. Hope to see everyone at the next round.

Back