Baja brawl - battle of Ohio - can am

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
Huge turnouts at all on same weekend.

The riders are here. They are just more picky about events attended.

Wonder how awesome next August and September racing could be if all three worked together to do a Midwest series. Slam a full pager ad on transworld.......oh how awesome that could be. Start the buzz on vital Rup.

Huge turnouts at all on same weekend.

The riders are here. They are just more picky about events attended.

Wonder how awesome next August and September racing could be if all three worked together to do a Midwest series. Slam a full pager ad on transworld.......oh how awesome that could be. Start the buzz on vital Rup.

Sounds awesome.....but which of those two would give up Labor Day. I would no problem, if we were doing some crazy big series, but I doubt either of those two would. Why would they?

I don't think it would be in anyone's best interest to ditch their established events but I would bet they would be interested in creating another large turnout series scenario. "Best of the Mid-west". One potential problem I can foresee is different sanctioning. I think Baja is the only one that is AMA sanctioned.

Baja Brawl is in a class of their own and puts on the best event we have gone to in 9 years only thing even close to the Brawl is the Monster Mash. I don't see any of these tracks going together for a series in my opinion. These tracks have put the work in for years to build what they have today BC dosent even have a full year in and is not proven in only a year. Again just my opinion not bashing BC but they have along way to go to run the level of events these other 2 do.

Baja Brawl is in a class of their own and puts on the best event we have gone to in 9 years only thing even close to the Brawl is the Monster Mash. I don't see any of these tracks going together for a series in my opinion. These tracks have put the work in for years to build what they have today BC dosent even have a full year in and is not proven in only a year. Again just my opinion not bashing BC but they have along way to go to run the level of events these other 2 do.

Oh no offense taken, the other two have definitely put in the time to build great events. We are nowhere near on that level yet. We will keep working and building it. I think they would fools to allow me in there. Me also thinks that we should go back to 2 motos, practice Saturday, race Sunday. We tried it and I don't see the added expense bringing in enough people to justify the cost at this time. Plus, I think we are getting better at moving the program along, next year our goal is 2 motos, 500+, done by 6:00pm. No cutting laps.

Sorry to hijack. I am not trying to make another Battle thread.

Oh no offense taken, the other two have definitely put in the time to build great events. We are nowhere near on that level yet. We will keep working and building it. I think they would fools to allow me in there. Me also thinks that we should go back to 2 motos, practice Saturday, race Sunday. We tried it and I don't see the added expense bringing in enough people to justify the cost at this time. Plus, I think we are getting better at moving the program along, next year our goal is 2 motos, 500+, done by 6:00pm. No cutting laps.

First off we loved the battle of Ohio last year. Sorry we missed it this year. Jeremy, any chance that you will move it back to the original date which was a week before the Brawl or Area 51? Would love to do it next year.

As far as a series, I would love to see that.

First off we loved the battle of Ohio last year. Sorry we missed it this year. Jeremy, any chance that you will move it back to the original date which was a week before the Brawl or Area 51? Would love to do it next year.

As far as a series, I would love to see that.

Its def. a consideration at this point. I worry about parents getting the kids home for the first day of school on Monday, plus labor day allows me to get a lot of cleanup done. I don't know at this point.....lots to think about.

I don't battle anymore lol, I would love an event in Ohio that draws riders like Baja and Area 51 that would be awesome , these 2 tracks are far enough apart they don't effect each other much with pulling in riders but if BC would change the date they could maybe bring in the riders from these 2 events and then build from that. I also believe that if you want a true event like battle of ohio it needs to be just 1 event not 3-4 that way everyone is on the same field coming into 1 event, if the event is ran well enough people will fine time and make it to it no matter what the date is.

It's probably too early to start talking about 2014 but what about 8 battle rounds, one at each OMA track spread throughout the year. 400 bikes each event. Round 8 finale at the cliff. Big banquet when it snows.

While I like the idea of a BIG series around the Midwest I just don't think that is either A. possible or B. feasible.... Way too many tracks and way to many organizations to come up with a series that everyone can agree on. You also need to look at it from the successful tracks angle... The "brawl" had 859 riders and at least 533 humans. That alone is almost $67K in gate and entry. Why would they want to change anything?

Ohio needs its ONE big event that everyone goes to. Outside of Kenworthless and the Can Am race at Highland hills in the 70's, we have not had that.
Think of all the BIG amateur races around the country, they are all stand alone races that are reported and attended on a national level. Branson, Millcreek, Freestone, Mini O's..... all most attend races for the serious racers and all with over 1000 riders.

Now, I by no means have the answers, but I do think it needs to be promoted as a national event. For most outsiders the "battle" looks like, smells like and was promoted like an Ohio thing. NOTHING wrong with that. But if Ohio is ever going to have another motocross "event" I think it has to be on its own weekend (that never changes), has special awards, and has something different or unique.

With at least 5 different organizations "organizing" motocross in Ohio, it will be next to impossible to pull them all together for one race.
It could happen, but I'm not holding my breath.

While I like the idea of a BIG series around the Midwest I just don't think that is either A. possible or B. feasible.... Way too many tracks and way to many organizations to come up with a series that everyone can agree on. You also need to look at it from the successful tracks angle... The "brawl" had 859 riders and at least 533 humans. That alone is almost $67K in gate and entry. Why would they want to change anything?

Ohio needs its ONE big event that everyone goes to. Outside of Kenworthless and the Can Am race at Highland hills in the 70's, we have not had that.
Think of all the BIG amateur races around the country, they are all stand alone races that are reported and attended on a national level. Branson, Millcreek, Freestone, Mini O's..... all most attend races for the serious racers and all with over 1000 riders.

Now, I by no means have the answers, but I do think it needs to be promoted as a national event. For most outsiders the "battle" looks like, smells like and was promoted like an Ohio thing. NOTHING wrong with that. But if Ohio is ever going to have another motocross "event" I think it has to be on its own weekend (that never changes), has special awards, and has something different or unique.

With at least 5 different organizations "organizing" motocross in Ohio, it will be next to impossible to pull them all together for one race.
It could happen, but I'm not holding my breath.

So we should offer more incentives to invaders????

I don't know if its incentives... Not sure how you get that big but there has to be a reason races like the brawl draw riders from distant states... I think the path your on is great but if it were more like a regional or national event instead of more or less a state championship it may get huge. Just trying to get everyone thinking and maybe the idea will come.
In the late 90's and early 00's there was an East coast 4 stroke series that had very good numbers. The draw of that was when 4 strokes were just taking off. Im pretty sure that series is gone since everyone rides thumpers but may be something that needs to come back. Just call it a Pro-Am
The Mini O's use to be known as the Winter Olympics and had Motocross, Supercross, TT, and harescrambles.... How about a Summer Olympics here in the great state of Ohio???? Just an idea. But if I get a track of my own, That's my baby. :eek:

I don't know if its incentives... Not sure how you get that big but there has to be a reason races like the brawl draw riders from distant states... I think the path your on is great but if it were more like a regional or national event instead of more or less a state championship it may get huge. Just trying to get everyone thinking and maybe the idea will come.
In the late 90's and early 00's there was an East coast 4 stroke series that had very good numbers. The draw of that was when 4 strokes were just taking off. Im pretty sure that series is gone since everyone rides thumpers but may be something that needs to come back. Just call it a Pro-Am
The Mini O's use to be known as the Winter Olympics and had Motocross, Supercross, TT, and harescrambles.... How about a Summer Olympics here in the great state of Ohio???? Just an idea. But if I get a track of my own, That's my baby. :eek:

I think as the Battle at the Cliff grows, it will outgrow the Ohio State Championship label. That's what it needs because we need to start with Ohio and surrounding states before we move outside of that circle. At some point most of the people coming wont care about state championships, they will come because its a damn good track with fast racers.

i like the summer olympics. except just a weekened deal. you wanted to do 2 motos instead of trying 3 again... do 2 seperate events, 2 motos each. transform the C track into a jumpy tight (easy) sx style track for saturday, then moto sunday!! offer special awards for overall score if they run both days (motivation for ppl to run both days but option is there to just come run sunday)

could be neat.

transform the C track into a jumpy tight (easy) sx style track for saturday, then moto sunday!! offer special awards for overall score if they run both days (motivation for ppl to run both days but option is there to just come run sunday)

could be neat.[/QUOTE]

Love it. Works for RED BUD

could even do GP friday and tie in BOTH tracks (instead of open practice).. would get guys seat time on both tracks for the weekend..

not sure how turn out would be though if it would be worth it, or at least yet. idk. i like the 2 day idea though, until it gets bigger.

Pretty sure RedBud only uses the night track twice a year.
For entertainment, they run a one (long) moto format on Thursday and Friday evening when the Pro National is there.
All other Open Riding / Racing is on the big track (spare the Grass race) .

No doubt you need industry support. And an entire page ad for 12 months in transworld.

You need something insane. Like a HUGE pro purse at every Midwest event. I'm talking huge. You need radio ads to pull spectators. Designated parking/camping for spectators only....

its a huge risk to flop though. But the entire industry would be talking about a series that pays more than the AMA outdoors. Hell some satellite teams might bail and show up to a huge 3 purse series event. (Baja-BC-canam)

i like the summer olympics. except just a weekened deal. you wanted to do 2 motos instead of trying 3 again... do 2 seperate events, 2 motos each. transform the C track into a jumpy tight (easy) sx style track for saturday, then moto sunday!! offer special awards for overall score if they run both days (motivation for ppl to run both days but option is there to just come run sunday)

could be neat.

Very cool Idea crute......I give you props on this one.

Back