Baja brawl - battle of Ohio - can am

Great ideas Crute, but far too complex for people to understand ( I am not kidding). I got a bit nostalgic when we were trying to explain how 3 motos worked. It was like we were selecting OMA membership numbers all over again. The level of confusion out there blew me away. Another problem is that each event/race must completely separate from another day, otherwise you will get the "I can only make one day" response from tons of people, and thus they might bag the whole thing since they can't do the whole weekend. For many we are still an event that people put in their back pocket at their convenience, we not yet a priority.

Next year - 2 motos, practice staurday, race sunday.....probably the weekend before labor day weekend. KISS (keep it simple stupid). that way we fit everyones personal schedule and their serious "must attend" race schedule.

I know it needs to be 2 separate events so that people dont bail on the whole weekend, which is why i suggested it how I did. 2 separate events, but some kind of extra awards/incentive for overall winners of both events combined in each class for those that complete both days. i dont think that could get too confusing lol.

As soon as you link them by having awards for people that do both, people will never keep them separate....in their minds they wont.

It seems like you still trying to get to big to fast BC, There is a reason Baja has only 1 Brawl a year and that's because if they had 2-3 or even 8 it would take away from the race itself and people would get burned out. Is the Battle for Ohio a Ohio race or are you trying to make it a national race? If it a national race then change the name keep the battle dates and run that series, if you want to run a national type race give it a name and put the money up bring in entertainment, events and sponsors like I said before at the Brawl the events that go on bring in more people than the racing I think. The Brawl,Can Am, 2 Stroke Shoot out, Top Gun, Mini' O's , LL and many more run 1 big show a year and have huge turn outs and people will change and take off work to make these events because they know its only 1 time a year. Again only my opinion

There has beentalk about this in the Pits the last few weeks:

Jimmy WeinertTraining Facility (JWTF) will host round two of the 1st Annual $48,000.00Pro Purse 2013 Waffle House Open Pro Shootout.

The 3 raceseries stops first at Hog Heaven MX on November 1st, 2nd and 3rd and continueson to JWTF on November 8th, 9th and 10th. The third and final round of theseries will be held at County Line MX on November 15th, 16th and 17th.

The series willalso hold a $10,000.00 (Visa Card) Amateur Purse and a 150% payout in35+ Vet Class. The series champion for both the 250A and 450A will receive $1,500.00on top of their individual moto winnings. All races will be held rain or shinewith an organized practice the Friday of each race weekend. The Pursedistribution is as follows:

PRO Purse (250A & 450A per moto):

1. $1000.00
2. $700.00
3. $400.00
4. $350.00
5. $250.00
6. $200.00
7. $180.00
8. $160.00
9. $140.00
10. $120.00
11. $100.00
12. $80.00
13. $60.00
14. $40.00
15. $20.00

Amateur Purse (paid at last race):

Open B - 1st = $1500.00, 2nd = $900.00, 3rd = $450.00
Open C - 1st = $900.00, 2nd = $600.00, 3rd = $300.00
85cc 9-13 - 1st = $600.00, 2nd = $300.00, 3rd = $225.00
65cc 7-11- 1st = $300.00, 2nd = $225.00, 3rd = $150.00
50cc Open - 1st = $300.00, 2nd = $225.00, 3rd = $150.00

Entry Fees:

Amateur cost per class = $40.00
Pro cost per class = $75.00

With 32 RV water and power hook-ups and cabins available, JWTF is your perfectin between race stop. Come to JWTF to ride and train in between races!

"WHO PUTTHAT TURN IN MY STRAIGHT AWAY?" - The Jammer

www.JWTFMX.com:: facebook.com/JWTFMX

It seems like you still trying to get to big to fast BC, There is a reason Baja has only 1 Brawl a year and that's because if they had 2-3 or even 8 it would take away from the race itself and people would get burned out. Is the Battle for Ohio a Ohio race or are you trying to make it a national race? If it a national race then change the name keep the battle dates and run that series, if you want to run a national type race give it a name and put the money up bring in entertainment, events and sponsors like I said before at the Brawl the events that go on bring in more people than the racing I think. The Brawl,Can Am, 2 Stroke Shoot out, Top Gun, Mini' O's , LL and many more run 1 big show a year and have huge turn outs and people will change and take off work to make these events because they know its only 1 time a year. Again only my opinion

I am ambitious, but I think changing the name might alienate out core rider. I do agree with you at some point the event will probably need to make changes to transition it from a local/regional event, but I think we are a long long way from that.

I would shorten it to the battle at briarcliff, btw

Not sure where you have raced this year, Scott... we did a few regional ll qualifiers... best run races or those tr acks would not be getting the ll races. Briarcliff's Ohio race was the best race we raced this year.... ll qualifiers included. Baha is awesome. Seriously. But try to have a little more support for Ohio motocross. Baha has an awesome Halloween weekend, but we 'll be racing OMA.

There aren't many places that can recover from disasters. The monsoon at BC Saturday morning. Shoving all the mud off with the dozer. Allowing people to practice and still racing Sunday. That's not easy.

Not sure where you have raced this year, Scott... we did a few regional ll qualifiers... best run races or those tr acks would not be getting the ll races. Briarcliff's Ohio race was the best race we raced this year.... ll qualifiers included. Baha is awesome. Seriously. But try to have a little more support for Ohio motocross. Baha has an awesome Halloween weekend, but we 'll be racing OMA.

I support Ohio MX but we are closer to MI tracks than Ohio tracks , just nothing around us if we want to go practice a prepped track its 2 hr to get to a Ohio track unless its Amherst that's only 1hr. OMA nor CRA are supporting this part of Ohio the MRA is the only thing around here and they are WAY over priced to race. Delta use to bring in huge #'s now they don't so all the riders around here head to MI so most of the time it feels like we are part of the MI riders.

Back