OMA 2014.....tracks

JB_519

PR Addict
Will the OMA look to expand to any new venues next year ? It may be early to ask that , just wondering . ( asked in a non pot stiring voice )

Maybe I should rephrase , positive feed back on tracks that do a great job that aren't part of OMA , or maybe a shout out to your favorites that are a part of the OMA.

Good point . My current job warps my mind on what time of year it is ! At work it's Halloween , Thanksgiving , Christmas .

Ok. I'll bite, what does everyone think, should there be any changes, additions or deletions? And please support your opinions with facts and not personal agendas. "Because this track sucks or this place really really awesome" doesn't get it.

Day races at Beans.

Something to break up the chunks after prepping at MX213, it would be stellar if so

Spread out the series races. Running them each weekend in a row makes it harder for people to make it. Series races are meant to draw the racers who arent into racing every weekend, when there are 6 races in 8 weeks you alienate those riders you are trying to target IMO

Stick to your schedule, no offense but there were way too many cancellations or reschedules. I dont see the need for any track changes, give it another year and see who maintains their facilities and track prep still. Poor track prep (barring mother nature) should be the #1 priority to be an OMA track followed by running the program well and then grounds keeping. Lets not forget clean porta jons! Lol

I think the first year for OMA was a huge success, dont mess with it too much. Little changes until you get a couple of years under your belt.

I read on the Internet that for 2014 both Malvern and Briarcliff were kicked out of the OMA.

I think the OMA has done a fantastic job in their first season. I believe they have accomplished exactly what they set out to do.

On the other side of the fence, I don't know how the CRA continues. You have one track that pulls in between 20 and 25 riders for one of their MX races, and on the other end of the spectrum, has a track that has a race every single weekend with 3 to 5 riders per class. If it weren't for hare scrambles and flat track, I'm sure they would fold fairly quick.

the real question is:

Were each of you kicking yourself out? or were you kicking each other out???

The feedback is good and the start of good racing in Ohio is a positive step in the right direction. Keeping riders here racing on good racing tracks bodes well for the future of the Ohio MX Crowd. I have no comments on the tracks, but from what I've read all year, things are moving slowly in the right direction, which is a very positive development.

Ok. I'll bite, what does everyone think, should there be any changes, additions or deletions? And please support your opinions with facts and not personal agendas. "Because this track sucks or this place really really awesome" doesn't get it.
Let me at OIR...

I think there should be more promotion of the tracks that do not draw a lot of racers.....malvern and the cliff pull their share......Like for example when chilitown was racing there was a bunch if promotion got people thinking we need to be there.....More events type of races...Not just races.....Not all the time I get that...but something like a Opening Day at Dirt World....Random drawings....for free practice or something....OMA is all for one...

You just did what I told you NOT to do! DO NOT ask for anyones opinions, just pull the trigger on what needs done. But since you ask..........DROP some classes. VET Sport is the first to go!

If we renew our OMA cards..........we get to keep our numbers correct?

You just did what I told you NOT to do! DO NOT ask for anyones opinions, just pull the trigger on what needs done. But since you ask..........DROP some classes. VET Sport is the first to go!

If we renew our OMA cards..........we get to keep our numbers correct?

Sorry John this thread is in reagrds to tracks...I cant answer those questions here.

Any quad guys with feedback on rt 62 MX , looks awesome from pics and videos I have seen ....need to make it there it's within 45 min drive of me. ( bike guys too ) .
I've rode at malvern once ( wish it wasn't over a hour away ) , great prep , friendly staff and a cool area ! BC is the same , attention to detail is much appreciated, fat guy friendly with sick noodles and burgers , great track and trail areas .
If only I didn't wait till the age of 32 to get started , much catching up to do .

I think there should be more promotion of the tracks that do not draw a lot of racers.....malvern and the cliff pull their share......

Bingo! This could also be solved by having a few small series with say Malvern, Beans, and MX213, just for example. You put one popular track and two with lower turnouts. You race all three or you get nothing! No trophies, no money, no flybucks, just zilch. Then all tracks involved chip in for a deluxe prize at the end. In the end, the track owners win the most, and maybe some people who won't try other tracks will find out they actually like them and return.

Back