Vet Sport No Triples - Question

efbride

PR Member
What is considered a triple in the vet sport class ?

More specifically the two table tops after the finish line jump at Malvern. Are they considered triples ?

(In my opinion only) Vet Sport = Malvern’s big up-hill can’t be jumped and you can’t triple-out of the woods.
Other than that.....have at it.

I would say the table to table would be out of the question. If you are going to do that jump you dont belong in any C class or Vet Sport class!

Na....Ya think?......

....Keep Vet Sport!

Well they asked and you implied with your "have at it" statement that it was fair game in your opinion. I figured you were just tired from all the riding youve been doing this weekend! You are on a mission since your recovery! Glad to see you hard at it again, even in the woods!

Another class thread! Yea! Just run qualifying practice all day. Then line the fastest 40 guys up on the gate and drop it. Let them run for 30 minutes, pay all 40 progressively and thank everyone for coming out. If you didn't make the top 40 go home and train harder.

Another class thread! Yea! Just run qualifying practice all day. Then line the fastest 40 guys up on the gate and drop it. Let them run for 30 minutes, pay all 40 progressively and thank everyone for coming out. If you didn't make the top 40 go home and train harder.

Unless you are on Minis, then you still get a trophy so you dont go home crying!

Get rid of the jump restrictions and change the name to Vet C. Don't handcuff yourselves as promoters trying to enforce jumping rules.

Until you have witnessed an Open Ride day a Briarcliff you really don’t grasp an understanding on just how far apart skill sets are in this sport.

On one hand there are folks that can hardly negotiating the pits and crash their brains out on the C-track while you have Rife, Gibson, Willard, Hand and a host of others completely tearing-up the A/B Track…. Scrubbing, whipping and doubling through the rollers with rev-limiters pegged. I can see where that is ultra intimidating for a person still learning the basics of motorcycle riding.

Good case in point: I took my brother-in-law to BC last year.
He’s heard me speak of it many times (no-s**t) and was curious what all the fuss was about.
He’s been around bikes his entire life having mini bikes as a child and then some small two-strokes before he had to grow up and make his way in life.

So, He’s your typical guy, late 30’s early 40’s He’s fit and muscular, Loves to bar hop on his Custom Harley with all his bad-ass buddies, Plays a good game of golf, watches ball sports and has a YZ 250 dirt-bike to screw around on. He rides off-road (in back yards or farm fields) with his Harley buddies and may get out to Smith Rd. or Outlaw twice or three times a year.

…anyway… I take him for a lap or two around the C track toget him acclimated and then turn him loose while I head over to the A/B track. We come back in and he says he’s having a fun but others are flying past and he wants to clear one of the table-top jumps in the center of the track. I explain that he needs to “seat-bounce” it. He’sall about that (seat-bouncing) having seen it a million times during SX on TV and having read all about the technique in Racer-X.
We talk about is some more and then head back out to the C track where I demonstrate it a few times for him. All fired up (with new found enthusiasm) he’s ready to go and attack this track like Barcia.

Well, I come back in from the A/B track to find him slumped over in the chair, shirt off and face bloody.

He smashed himself in to the ground (face first) while attempting his very first seat-bounce. Oh, he got the bike to lift off the ground better….sure. But he didn’t take the counter force of the shock rebound into consideration and did a 180 front flip over the table instead.

Nose broken, face cut-up and bleeding and shoulder screwed-up enough that he had to bow-out of his next two weeks of golf league.…he was not happy.

If you can make your way around a Motocross Track smoothly, consider yourself an Advanced rider, whether you jump all the triples of not.

Many-Many folks are still learning the basics of riding andto throw them on the track at the same time with Advanced riders is very intimidating!

…..He still rides in fields and stuff but has shown no desire to head back to a “real race track” (I think momma has helped put the kibosh on that)

At the end of the day..........NOTHING will change. We live in a world of a million classes, and they are not going away. If I were a promoter, I would want them to go away.......they are costing me money for time, and awards. Fewer classes, fewer awards.

I like pits idea of it just being a vet C class.

as for the original question, I raced one of the first races at malvern in the vet sport class and the second triple after the finish line was agreed that it is eligable to do.

I lost my lunch on the table to table comment. I spent two years riding c track at bc. Now I ride a/b track and it is very intimidating but I like it. The second table after the finish line at malvern is the triple I was thinking about.
The Sunday race with 40 and vet sport all on one gate was awesome. I don't think you faster older guys are worried about my slow butt except at the start where anything can happen. I have no start so I'm at the back working to get further up so I won't whiskey throttle into to you out of the gate.
I guess I could do. 450 c. But them kids are out for blood and think they are invicible. I been around awhile and want to keep racing for a while.

What is considered a triple in the vet sport class ?

More specifically the two table tops after the finish line jump at Malvern. Are they considered triples ?

Those are camel backs...or tables tops with a slightly elevated hump in the center..... If it wasn't there people would jump it anyway and never know the difference.

A Vet C class would be better if your not going to have a +50 class, for the fact of, OMA says you can race woman class, or stroke class or 450c and ride the vet sport class, but you cannot race vet sport and +40 or +30. If your a +50 rider what other class do you have? Myself I don't triple being a +50 rider whether I am racing in the +40 or not, but not being able to race another age class don't make sense to me. I like racing with the +40 some being 10 yrs or more younger for the safety of experience, as to racing younger un-experienced 450c class which is much more dangerous to a vet rider.

The Sunday race with 40 and vet sport all on one gate was awesome. I don't think you faster older guys are worried about my slow butt except at the start where anything can happen. I have no start so I'm at the back working to get further up so I won't whiskey throttle into to you out of the gate.

My point EXACTLY! There was no issue running Vet Sport with 40+........that coming from a Vet Sport rider. So why have it? 30+ and 40+ are fine.

Back