How about mandatory transpnders?

This would be a good time to put a comment on how awesome the Race Results and Overall Points have been for this year.
Top Notch!

$3.50 for a hot dog at the track, wow! We have a concession for our football club, and we have a total of $0.32 in each hot dog, and sell them for $2.00. Pretty good profit.

A few things:
- All OMA tracks use Trackside Software - Some have Trackside Plus, some have the new product MY LAPS. The difference is several hundred $$ - so some of our tracks would have that additional expense.

- John Daines, creator of Trackside Software travels with his team of registration and scorers to all National events - I have sat in his transponder trailer (which was a pretty cool experience), watching a specific member of his team, not scoring..but watching the finish line and counting/listening for beeps of transponders! Of course that is on a national level, but to be professional, you cannot take the chance of that - my point: a promoter will not save $$ with staff - we will need the same amount of people.

- I cannot get riders to remember their wristband, parent or OMA number, how many will forget their transponder sticker? That means increased time at sign up for the forgetful ones, who are standing in line at sign up, IN FRONT OF the other riders who remember everything, every weekend! (YES, it will come off and get lost, just like your wristband, parent or OMA card..lol)

So many thoughts.. I love the idea of transponders and I know as we are given more economical options for transponders and their systems, we will continue to move ahead and investigate the possibilities!

I raced karts for years and the big events you had to rent the transponders. ($10 or so) You could buy your own and use at the tracks if you wanted. It was kick ass to have to practice with. The difference may be that on the kart, set up was so critical, the only way to really notice the subtle changes was with lap times. I sold my stuff when I bailed on karting years ago. It would be cool to have now to really dial in the boy at practice....

Back