MT. Morris

me and my buddy Greg camped, not too many campers most rolled in in the morning not sure of the numbers but in 2010 in 40 plus c, we had 27 yesterday in that class were 14 including my buddy Greg #109, his first outdoor since Honda Hills in 92 11 of 14 Greg, not bad!!!

(I rode plus 45 this year and was smoked per the usual) that being said, we had a great time, enjoyed the track had a ball meeting people and racing in the vintage class on the old 85 kx 125 was a blast

will go back next year for sure

track was pretty nice, and I think pretty safe overall to go mix it up on

image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 172
Sunrise at HighPoint is always cool. The valley holds the dew and the sunbeam lights it up so nice..
Saw some of the BC regs in a few of Arlene Lantzer's pics.
How was the program? How was the race?
Where can I find results?

Same dirt, both have pretty much the same natural terrain with several jumps that work well with the elevation changes. Mt. Morris has slightly better pit areas (nothing flat in either, little better then Sunday Creek) Both uphill start but Mt. Morris is better with the super wide first turn.

I did better at Steel City but for me Mt. Morris is or was my favorite track. It get nice and ruff with deep ruts in the corners and has more passing areas especially in the off-chamber corners. But that was 20 years ago and a lot of the layout changes every year.

How does Mt. Morris compare to Steel City?

Im sure you will get alot of mixed reviews. I have been lucky enough to ride both in the past few years and I prefer Mt. Morris. Both are pretty much the same race-day wise, except Mt. Morris is a little more difficult in my eyes. The jumps are a little larger and man-made. Steel City is all natural.

2013 Vet Ride at Mt. Morris

IMG_20130928_084714_000.jpgIMG_20130928_131350_995.jpgIMG_20130928_131906_434.jpgIMG_20130928_132713_231.jpg

These are some nice pics of our day at Mt. Morris. I have not raced since the 90s so this was a big day for me. I am one of those weekend warriors that just get out and ride for fun. So to get back out in the heat of the battle was fun!!

Thanks for the link, I see the results now. They weren't up there yesterday when I checked.

Check it.... guys OVER the age of 50 made up the largest group of riders.
There were 30 of them total.......with most of them choosing to ride in the C class.

There was another 11 in +55 as well.

You mean Sport Class. C class is for PA only.

There were 41 +50 at RB.....

Thanks for the link, I see the results now. They weren't up there yesterday when I checked.

Check it.... guys OVER the age of 50 made up the largest group of riders.
There were 30 of them total.......with most of them choosing to ride in the C class.

I wish these vet days ran +18, im 23 sitting on the fence for another two years. I will for sure not miss the Redbud vet national next year, Ill be requesting my time off Jan 2, 2014 lol.

Back