Cheerleading for ALL TRACKS AND ORGANIZATIONS

hershey

PR Elite
I realize that Pitracer has become the total OMA cheerleading channel, all the time, so this statement will not be popular, but you pride yourself on rider's input, and it should be taken as constructive criticism for improvement.

You arent the only one to voice this dismay. Im sure it will be heard and attended to. Im behind you 100% on this one. To have it happen once in a great while is understandable but it has been 4-5 times this year plus OIR was completely removed.

However I dont understand why people keep complaining about OMA's constant presence on here as though it is their site. They are doing nothing that ANY OTHER ORGANIZATION OR TRACK isnt ENCOURAGED to do on here. Im speaking for myself here, not Pitracer, this site is solely for the purpose of bringing more availability of information about the riding and racing we do to more people and tracks/organizations. This site is here for all to use in a way that maximizes our sport for all of us. It is the "cheerleading channel" for any track or organization that wants to take the time and post on here just like the OMA does. They started the hype, mostly lived up to the hype and now a majority of the OMA threads are started by riders and not the OMA track owners.

Anyone can do what they did, anyone.

Rant over

9296104842_074384a60f_z.jpg

As good as it got in the late 70's....

You arent the only one to voice this dismay. Im sure it will be heard and attended to. Im behind you 100% on this one. To have it happen once in a great while is understandable but it has been 4-5 times this year plus OIR was completely removed.

However I dont understand why people keep complaining about OMA's constant presence on here as though it is their site. They are doing nothing that ANY OTHER ORGANIZATION OR TRACK isnt ENCOURAGED to do on here. Im speaking for myself here, not Pitracer, this site is solely for the purpose of bringing more availability of information about the riding and racing we do to more people and tracks/organizations. This site is here for all to use in a way that maximizes our sport for all of us. It is the "cheerleading channel" for any track or organization that wants to take the time and post on here just like the OMA does. They started the hype, mostly lived up to the hype and now a majority of the OMA threads are started by riders and not the OMA track owners.

Anyone can do what they did, anyone.

Rant over

I totally agree. I (my wife) put a lot of thought into the events we plan on attending and even go as far as scheduling vacations, family activities, etc. for the entire year once the MX schedules come out in the spring. I understand things change, mostly based on weather, but changing things up on the fly kinda gets under my skin.

Nothing wrong with promoting your track, annoucing your events, and having discussion. 15 or 20 separate threads on the front page for the same event is obnoxious. I 'm not clear who now owns this site, but there is a difference between contributing to a forum running your organization from it.

Nothing wrong with promoting your track, annoucing your events, and having discussion. 15 or 20 separate threads on the front page for the same event is obnoxious. I 'm not clear who now owns this site, but there is a difference between contributing to a forum running your organization from it.

Tim - None of the OMA tracks started any of the recent threads on the general forum. We didn't start this one either. I understand that you have been over exposed to OMA and that you have become frustrated with it, but I would argue that PR (no pun intended) is ruining the OMA organization.

Then users would need to stop posting about the OMA! This is my point, people complain about all the threads but it isnt the track owners or the OMA starting them any more!

Tim - None of the OMA tracks started any of the recent threads on the general forum. We didn't start this one either. I understand that you have been over exposed to OMA and that you have become frustrated with it, but I would argue that PR (no pun intended) is ruining the OMA organization.

So you say PR is "ruining" the OMA????? Explain?

Then users would need to stop posting about the OMA! This is my point, people complain about all the threads but it isnt the track owners or the OMA starting them any more!

So you say PR is "ruining" the OMA????? Explain?

No. What I said was that I would argue that PR (meaning pitracer or public relations) are ruining the OMA. I said both wrong. I mean I would argue that it is not.

Alright guys I hear you and I get it. Bear with me here, this was my first year making the Malvern schedule and quite frankly I'm not very happy about some of the dates and decisions I made. The biggest one is too many Sundays instead of Saturday nights. They just aren't as profitable. Bottom line is I have a much better grasp on what is and is not so good for our scheduling and a better understanding of how it effects the rider base. Again sorry for being a pain in the butt, just trying to make each race date as well attended and profitable as possible.

Geesh people are you ever happy. I must say that I am thankful for the track owners that we do have that are open for us to ride. Things happen and changes need to be made. It's not the end of the world, why does everything have to be so negative on here. There is 2 good events on and I give mad props to malvern for changing there event. Why because there is another track roughly an hour away that yes had the race scheduled but now has offered pro purse classes. They now give the other event a chance to get as many people as possible and they give there event a new date to get as many people as possible. I have 5 things to choose from to do this sat and I am thankful that I have all those options and that ohio motocross is live and well.

I guess we can all speculate as to how much exposure is helpful, and how much tends to push the people you are promoting to away from the site just as we can argue about how effective campaign commercials are by Oct 31, even for the guy we might support. Fact is, since this site has been over saturated with OMA, there is a lot less visitation from racers whose racing does not revolve around OMA , myself included, after which you must ask who you are promoting to. The proverbial choir? But that was not even the point of my post, or in mentioning that this is basically now an OMA site. My point was that criticism of anything OMA, no matter how true or sincere, is not taken well here, as evidenced by the quick removal of all posts doing so earlier today. By the way, I am an OMA member. The card I purchased says that I am, anyways.

In spite of my early concerns I was asked by Briarcliff to give OMA a chance, and I did so with an open mind. In December or we scheduled OTC to race 4 OMA dates. We enjoyed racing at Briarcliff early this year. It was well organized, and quad friendly, and trike friendly. We were sorry our turnout was not better, and that was solely due to your location.

Our 2nd date was Medina Fair. The start time on this weeknight event was bumped up by one hour just days before the race which I stumbled across on here the day before the race. I had to make 9 phone calls that night. We lost two riders. I noticed nobody has mentioned the embarrassment that event was, so I'm guessing nobody really wants to acknowledge or discuss what went wrong, but after racing my 16th Medina Fair, I left heartbroken and sick. But that's another different subject so we'll move on.

Our 3rd date was Sept 5 at OIR since we had such a great time there at Mosher's first race there. What a disappointment.

Our last date was to be Sept 29 at Malvern. The guys arranged vacations, days off, whatever to be there. I check here today and SURPISE!

I'm a capitalist and am all for making a profit. I also believe that if you don't live up to your commitments, and lose your credibility, you won't make a very good capitalist. When you take your patrons for granted, in order to pursue the patrons you would rather have, the loyalty of the original patrons soon begins to waiver.

We at OTC make our schedule in December for the year. We make mistakes and bad decisions too, but we still live up to our commitments, even the ones we should not have made because our credibility means that much to us. One promoter knows we are coming the weekend of October 18-20 because we said we were last December. Does your word carry that weight?

Last minute schedule changes will not increase short term turnout, and will harm long term turnout. You are better off to weather the bad decisions, follow through, learn from them, and make better ones down the road, and not a few days before the next event.

Like many others, some of our riders have to make arrangements far in advance as we cover several states (or provinces). I know there was only going to be 8 of us, so I'm sure you can fill the void with all those extra Saturday racers that will come on short notice. We can't make Saturday, nor is that what we committed to.

Like I said in my other post before it was removed - its constructive criticism. You can shoot the messenger, or you can ponder the message.

I guess we can all speculate as to how much exposure is helpful, and how much tends to push the people you are promoting to away from the site just as we can argue about how effective campaign commercials are by Oct 31, even for the guy we might support. Fact is, since this site has been over saturated with OMA, there is a lot less visitation from racers whose racing does not revolve around OMA , myself included, after which you must ask who you are promoting to. The proverbial choir? But that was not even the point of my post, or in mentioning that this is basically now an OMA site. My point was that criticism of anything OMA, no matter how true or sincere, is not taken well here, as evidenced by the quick removal of all posts doing so earlier today. By the way, I am an OMA member. The card I purchased says that I am, anyways.

In spite of my early concerns I was asked by Briarcliff to give OMA a chance, and I did so with an open mind. In December or we scheduled OTC to race 4 OMA dates. We enjoyed racing at Briarcliff early this year. It was well organized, and quad friendly, and trike friendly. We were sorry our turnout was not better, and that was solely due to your location.

Our 2nd date was Medina Fair. The start time on this weeknight event was bumped up by one hour just days before the race which I stumbled across on here the day before the race. I had to make 9 phone calls that night. We lost two riders. I noticed nobody has mentioned the embarrassment that event was, so I'm guessing nobody really wants to acknowledge or discuss what went wrong, but after racing my 16th Medina Fair, I left heartbroken and sick. But that's another different subject so we'll move on.

Our 3rd date was Sept 5 at OIR since we had such a great time there at Mosher's first race there. What a disappointment.

Our last date was to be Sept 29 at Malvern. The guys arranged vacations, days off, whatever to be there. I check here today and SURPISE!

I'm a capitalist and am all for making a profit. I also believe that if you don't live up to your commitments, and lose your credibility, you won't make a very good capitalist. When you take your patrons for granted, in order to pursue the patrons you would rather have, the loyalty of the original patrons soon begins to waiver.

We at OTC make our schedule in December for the year. We make mistakes and bad decisions too, but we still live up to our commitments, even the ones we should not have made because our credibility means that much to us. One promoter knows we are coming the weekend of October 18-20 because we said we were last December. Does your word carry that weight?

Last minute schedule changes will not increase short term turnout, and will harm long term turnout. You are better off to weather the bad decisions, follow through, learn from them, and make better ones down the road, and not a few days before the next event.

Like many others, some of our riders have to make arrangements far in advance as we cover several states (or provinces). I know there was only going to be 8 of us, so I'm sure you can fill the void with all those extra Saturday racers that will come on short notice. We can't make Saturday, nor is that what we committed to.

Like I said in my other post before it was removed - its constructive criticism. You can shoot the messenger, or you can ponder the message.

Tim, this has been the longest year of my young life. Jason and I started this adventure just about one year ago, maybe slightly sooner. We have been wide open for over a year. Have we made a great and wise decisions? Heck no. Are we perfect? Not even close. Do we give 110% effort, you better believe it. Regardless of the end result, or how people interpret our freshmen year, I know that Jason and I have given it everything we have. In the last year, we have burned up over 3000 hours on the phones, drove over 5,000 miles to meetings and races, spent countless hours answering questions, posts, and emails. Probably way over these numbers. I hear your frustrations, but these frustrations do not surface from a lack of total effort. We are pushing as hard as we can. I do this for free, and take time away from my family for all of you. I know most of you are thinking "we'll you us asked for this" and that's true. We did, but nonetheless we still did this for all of you, and not ourselves. Name another group that puts their riders ahead of themselves? That's why we succeed. That's why you be sick of the OMA for quite some time to come.

Tim

Your points are all valid. I agree completely with NOT rescheduling events. As you said it will harm long term attendance imo also.

The only point I do not agree with you is the over saturation of pitracer by the OMA. Again the only reason you see so much about it is because RACERS are posting about it. No OMA track owners are starting the large majority if any of those posts in months. Any and all tracks or organizations are encouraged to post on here. Some tracks not part of the OMA have begun to take more advantage of the marketing available to them here

WNY racing...Action sports are a couple that regularly post in the forums now. We hear about races in CA now. Vet series races on the east coast. Racing in MI. Starting soon here Tom will be posting about Monster mountain in Al. There will be warm weather southern riding trips all over here soon. This site has opened my (and many others) eyes to the possibilities for our sport!

Before finding this site I only heard a out racing by word of mouth. I have experienced more riding and racing in the last few years than the 25 before that combined.

If the OMA saturation has upset riders and turned some away that is a shame. But what you pointed out to them about scheduling they are doing in the marketing field. The are trying to learn from any mistakes and weathering the storm. You will see most of THEIR started posts in the race and practice areas only. But on the flip side the racing in Ohio has a new injection of life that has brought life back to the gates. The turnouts at the events I have attended have been far larger than any others I have been to in years as a whole.

Isnt it worth a few not happy about too much marketing if Ohio mx as a group benefits?

Btw.....your post got deleted by accident. It was mean to be relocated here with the others. That forum is meant for information on racing only. This forum is for your ( and everyone elses) concerns and praises.

I love reading your posts Tim! You are a man of character! Your posts affect me as a person...I learn from them. It's been a good and tough year for OHMX in so many ways. One of the hardest for us...as people to do is make sacrifices...especially not ones foreseen. Sacrifice says much about a person. I am glad you have the courage to be honest...it is needed! We each have something invested in motocross that comes on here and to the races! I am committed to weathering the storm. The MX community needs to be as well for OHMX to continue. My fear/hope and personal mission since all of this OMA stuff started has been the longevity of OHMX. I am doing my part as best I can for the sport which means people!!! I believe you do as well within your sphere of influence. Each of our personal choices matter! We folks gotta keep pressing forward and in the end, hopefully we can trust each other...that is the people and the OMA. My sights are set on full tilt towards the people above anything else and am fortunate to be working the races too, I am committed to helping OMA effort which means helping the people! I hope to see you at the indoors!

P.S. I am with Hershey...people will talk about what they want and OMA is a hot topic. This site has been around long before OMA. Perhaps PR is now being used for it's true purpose?!?!?! The motocross family!

A word that comes to mind from reading your most recent post is "accountability"

" Name another group that puts their riders ahead of themselves? That's why we succeed. That's why you be sick of the OMA for quite some time to come."

Every Track Promoter, no matter if they are OMA, CRA, Wyn or Ama puts the riders ahead of themselves. We at Amherst Meadowlarks work very hard to put on Quality Events every time we hold a race. I know this wasn't ment towards any one promoter, but you asked for names.

Every Track Promoter, no matter if they are OMA, CRA, Wyn or Ama puts the riders ahead of themselves.

Every successful track promoter puts the riders best interests first. Over time you see who is successful at this game, the large turnouts prove who tends to the riders needs.

Maybe Im just paying more attention but it seems to me that there is more promotion from CRA and the southern Ohio tracks on here than before as well.

Back