2013 Motocross of Nations - Teutschenthal, Germany

Why the change? Very interesting........an end of an era? Or maybe; "Honey, I thought YOU packed my .....!" LOL!

Bingo. Thought it would take you guys longer. I heard the rumors awhile ago, so I kind of cheated.

Hope you guys saw the live stream link on that last page. I updated 1st post with it too.

Spotted at MXoN.
s1200_Husky.jpg

672440f8285611e3866922000a1fbcb1_8.jpg

s1200_1382276_593021664077877_688818992_n.jpg

I bet dungey only recieved payments from nike at American sanctioned events. Gotta pay to play. And from what I understand he wears new boots about every race. Maybe he didn't get a set of nikes and maybe nikes sales haven't skyrocketed into the feet of mx enthusiasist so they cut the program totally? Hmm. Speculation.

2 laps to go.....battle of the century between roczen and tomac and ......COMMERCIAL. Ain't that a kick in the nuts.

Bummer. Was a good MXoN. We'll, except for who was at the top of the podium. You think the GP style track had that much to do with how dominant we weren't? I mean, if not for Tomac's get off in moto 1 and Bambam's in Moto 3, we so would have had the top spot as a team, but not thinking we would have won a moto...

I'm pretty sure we would have won moto one if not for Tomac's get off.

Probably. Would have won the second moto as well if not for Tomac's moto 1 get off...

Like that Paul character said, Tomac's get off looked like a cross between Canard and Reed's get off's of the past. Although, I cannot recall the Canard reference, but the toss in the air did remind me of Reed's...

Anybody else get a chuckle from that Paul and Emig always over-talking each other? Well, emig overtalking Paul? Oh yeah, and Paul continually repeating himself, "Folks, this isn't over yet", "the scoring gets way complicated last moto"...really? Complicated? How so?

No reply necessary. Just some things that I thought we funny from the broadcast...

My takeaways from the MXoN live stream from the UK I think (don't have CBSsport
so used the streaming link found elsewhere):

1. Too bad Dungey had a yeast infection

2. Tomac was going for it in moto1 and made a mistake. He was hanging
it out and paid for it, that's what you have to do in one off races like this.

3. Cairoli was, well, Cairoli. Unbeatable in Yurp.

4. Team USA on the podium should be ashamed of themselves. Didn't take
off their hats for the Belgium national anthem, left without spraying bubbly,
Dungey had to be called back to get some award I couldn't hear what it was.
You represented your country! You finished second! Don't be poor losers.

5. Roczen was perfect.

6. DeDycker in moto 3 pulled it off after Desalle's crash and dislocated shoulder.
Excellent job. It was all on the line and he did what needed done.

As fast as our guys are. . The European guys are hauling too... I know tracks aren't as nice as most of ours but still... Tomac will be a great champion soon... The dunge is on his way to being a third place or fourth place guy... He just doesn't have killer instinct.... Consistent yes... Wfo not so much

I'd just like to refute another argument I hear all the time. "The Americans aren't used to these type of tracks".
Bullpizzle. I was at Teutschenthal last year for the MXGP and it reminded me, a lot, of Budd's Creek. Same
up/down hills in a nice valley. Same big ass jumps. Same whooped out character after a bunch of riding.
Only difference may be that Germany had more rocks but the dirt was very, very similar.

The German track didn't have the big doubles section Budd's has but did that slow our team down?
Otherwise, I can't think of a feature that is different, significantly, between the two tracks.

Check out the awesome go pro footage. camera angles are cool

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/B3LdFmzDdY4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Back