2013 Monster Moto Mayhem @ CTMX Oct 19th and 20th

Track is looking great! All of this rain has been a blessing. As most of our regulars know, CTMX can handle a ton of rain....just ask JO. The water shed is so fast that even after a down pour the track is able to be ridden on within an hour or two. So don't let the weather scare you off this weekend or you will be hating yourself once you hear how awesome it turned out! See ya this weekend!

fyi...as of last night we already had 12 campers.

Got in a bit ago, what a cool place! Probably 50 motorhomes here now.

Track looks way nicer in person than in pics. They even have the track lined with pumpkins for Halloween haha.

IMG_20131019_091753_396.jpgIMG_20131019_092253_983.jpgIMG_20131019_092830_306.jpgIMG_20131019_092411_956.jpgIMG_20131019_092838_552.jpg

Chilli town is cool!

Attachments

• IMG_20131019_091628_770.jpg
    IMG_20131019_091628_770.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 208
  • IMG_20131019_092212_040.jpg
    IMG_20131019_092212_040.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 206
  • IMG_20131019_092607_854.jpg
    IMG_20131019_092607_854.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 175
  • IMG_20131019_093043_992.jpg
    IMG_20131019_093043_992.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 187
Looks like they know how to throw a event !!! Track looks like brownies....Hope the rain misses ya down there!

Light drizzle for the last couple hours. It looks to be all past now, no harm done. Track will be prime tomarrow.

We are still going strong...track is holding up pretty well. Pit bike race is starting at 4pm then the Halloween activities. The track is going to be awesome tomorrow. big thanks to all of those that are braving the weather so far! Harecore baby!!!! Real MX!

I was hoping to see you all on Twitter last night during the race!! ;) Good show. I missed another...

Thank you Chilli Town! What a great place and everything is treated as if this was the biggest race ever. I've been to Loretta Lynn Regionals that were not as nice as this event.

The pits are unmatched. No track I've ever been to in the entire country has nicer pits. Paved roads, nicely mowed grass in between, and 1,100 hookups make this place untouchable from a pit comfort standpoint. Think about this -- the biggest Amateur race in the world is at Loretta Lynn's and they have 150 hookups. Chilli Town has 1100. If they held the LL race at Chilli Town there would be no hookup lottery because everybody would have one!

Two big, heated party tents setup with big screen TVs in each one. People were watching the Ohio State game on Saturday and then the Monster Cup. It was a blast. Pumpkin contest, hayrides, camper trick or treating, it was great. When I read the flyer and saw that stuff I was thinking "yeah whatever...." Then I figured I probably should just pick up some candy in case "a couple" kids want some. We had more kids in costumes coming around than I used to get at home! We were scrambling for more candy!

Everything looks new. You can tell they didn't just show up the day before and disk the track. Staging area posts freshly painted, gate looked like new, everything neat and tidy and clean. Great attention to detail.

Monster Energy onsite doing hourly giveaways of T-shirts, etc, Christian club something (sorry can't remember) setup onsite, couple vendors for parts.

After the riders meeting Sunday CTMX brought out a Tshirt cannon to shoot Tshirts into the crowd. Riders meeting actually had the crowd applauding, I don't see that much.

Jarrett S. is awesome at the track. Kudos to you! Great job.

The track is nice!!! You could have a LL Area qually right now and are not far off from having a Youth Regional. The dirt is nice and the layout is fun. There is nowhere to rest on this track. I was more tired from my first 4 lap moto than all the GP races I've been doing combined. Sadly I only raced 1.5 motos as I was injured on lap two of the first +40 moto.

Overall, keep up the great work, this place is an absolute gem for Ohio. Not a bad drive from Cleveland area either, about 3 hours but all easy highway driving. I'll be back for sure and drag all these northern vets with me.

THANK YOU!

One lap from +30. If you listen close at about 50 seconds I stalled my bike in the air and landed like a brick. I haven't done that spode move for a long time. I realized while there that I haven't raced a modern bike MX since Millville Regional in June!

Sharc, there is a sweeping right before the finish line. I caught my right toe in a rut and blew up my ankle and was done for the day, and maybe the rest of the year. I can put weight on it so I don't think it's broke but it's swollen and hurts like a mother if I try to move it. I'll be fine I'm sure.

Check out my front fender when I rev up for the gate drop. You can see dirt falling off and the tip wiggling. Kinda cool.

The entire crew at CTMX would like to thank everyone who participated in our events this year! 2013 has been another record breaking year. Since our first year in 2011 we have went from an average of 148 entries per race to 372 entries per race in 2013 and we keep getting bigger and bigger every year. We also had our biggest race ever in July for the south round of the Battle for Ohio with 428 entries. The great racing community of Ohio is alive and strong and we owe our success to all of you.
<O:p</O:p

The CTMX crew works very hard all year long to put on the biggest and best events for the riders and we work even harder to show them that we appreciate their business. We sincerely appreciate all the kind words that we see on Pit Racer and Facebook and it really does make it all worthwhile.

2014 is going to be another great year. We have some really cool ideas that are coming together and we are sure to knock it out of the park once again. Our team is committed to changing the standard on racing in Ohio and surrounding areas.

See you all next year!

Many Thanks!<O:p</O:p

Thank you Chilli Town! What a great place and everything is treated as if this was the biggest race ever. I've been to Loretta Lynn Regionals that were not as nice as this event.

The pits are unmatched. No track I've ever been to in the entire country has nicer pits. Paved roads, nicely mowed grass in between, and 1,100 hookups make this place untouchable from a pit comfort standpoint. Think about this -- the biggest Amateur race in the world is at Loretta Lynn's and they have 150 hookups. Chilli Town has 1100. If they held the LL race at Chilli Town there would be no hookup lottery because everybody would have one!

Two big, heated party tents setup with big screen TVs in each one. People were watching the Ohio State game on Saturday and then the Monster Cup. It was a blast. Pumpkin contest, hayrides, camper trick or treating, it was great. When I read the flyer and saw that stuff I was thinking "yeah whatever...." Then I figured I probably should just pick up some candy in case "a couple" kids want some. We had more kids in costumes coming around than I used to get at home! We were scrambling for more candy!

Everything looks new. You can tell they didn't just show up the day before and disk the track. Staging area posts freshly painted, gate looked like new, everything neat and tidy and clean. Great attention to detail.

Monster Energy onsite doing hourly giveaways of T-shirts, etc, Christian club something (sorry can't remember) setup onsite, couple vendors for parts.

After the riders meeting Sunday CTMX brought out a Tshirt cannon to shoot Tshirts into the crowd. Riders meeting actually had the crowd applauding, I don't see that much.

Jarrett S. is awesome at the track. Kudos to you! Great job.

The track is nice!!! You could have a LL Area qually right now and are not far off from having a Youth Regional. The dirt is nice and the layout is fun. There is nowhere to rest on this track. I was more tired from my first 4 lap moto than all the GP races I've been doing combined. Sadly I only raced 1.5 motos as I was injured on lap two of the first +40 moto.

Overall, keep up the great work, this place is an absolute gem for Ohio. Not a bad drive from Cleveland area either, about 3 hours but all easy highway driving. I'll be back for sure and drag all these northern vets with me.

THANK YOU!

What John said. Best MX Facility anywhere. They think of everything.

Pit put the right words in place to describe the weekend! Malvern will always hold a special place in my heart...but out of the races I have been too...the total local MX experience is at CTMX! It was pretty cool to see CTMX get applauded...they certainly deserved it! The only other place that I think compares to the overall atmosphere for family on this level is TVLand...I am always hearing good things about his races! This is not to take away from other tracks...these places are just special in their own regards! Other tracks excel in pure competitive racing like BC and Malvern is like the backbone of our local Motocross. OIR just seems like prestige especially in reference to the Hand era.

Back