Winter isn't so bad

I will be in Daytona just a few miles from PAX this all next week. Wish I could take the motocross bike with me to ride for a couple days. No one else on the trip rides motocross though, so Harleys only.

Top-Vet-Challenge.gif

Has anyone found anything out about the WW place? It wasn'topen to the public last winter, hoping it is for this winter. I haven't rode sinse early July, but hoping to make up for it this winter.

What about Texas?!? About the same drive as Florida and just as good for sure. I love pax waldo hard rock ect. but the last few years ive done Texas. From Oakhill, Underground, Cycle Ranch, Three Palms, Masterpools, Freestone are just a few of the great ones. I feel Texas will slowly become the new winter spot the more people go get som TXMX in your life! http://txmotocross.com/ is a great forum like this one with track info.

3 palms is a 24 hour drive from Canton. Never got to ride Oak Hill, Masterpools, or Freestone but I did get the chance to ride Underground and Cycle Ranch, both awesome facilities. Buffalo Creek was alot of fun too. But nothing touches Lake Whitney, I got the chance to ride the week before the national one year and I have never seen a track so rutted and rough in my life. It was litterly like one of those pictures you see where its nothing but landing and jumping in ruts. Little too sketchy for me, I opted out and snuck in the C class. Still missed the damn main event by two positions!!

Texas has some faaaaassstt boys too. They dont put around thats for sure.

I road 3 Palms two years ago. Had to be the best spot I've ever been. There was a crew of Mexicans that were always prepping a track.

Ya it was probably three or four the last time I was there. I heard that they actually built another big track back in the back behind the GP track, but not sure how true that is, or if its even a track. Might be a GP route.

When you were there MX099, did the main track have the finish line set-up as two tabletops back to back?

Buffalo creek is also very fun I love the sand sections and the big quad uphill. I have been to probably 20+ tracks in Texas and I have never pulled out not happy with the track. If you are a serious racer looking for a winter facility His 956 (masterpools) is top notch. Jerry the owner is one of the nicest guys you will ever meet and he changes the track every single day! The track is always so perfect and the dirt is good. Its also waaay more affordable than a MTF, Izzis, ect.

Agree with the Texas winter riding. We are from Oklahoma and spent a lot of time in Texas before moving to Ohio. Planning on hitting Freestone weekend after Christmas for Texas winter series.

WW looks freakin sick! No wonder we cant compete with other states when they have awesome tracks like that to ride year round

Why do you all drool over pax track? That is one of the worst tracks in FL IMO. For whatever reason people from up north love it!! I used to race there when they had FL series races and gold cups, rode there a lot in college when i lived in orlando. but man i never liked that track and no one else in FL does either. they dont hold big races anymore and track never changed since 2004 the last time i rode there. dade city, bithlo, thundercross, hard rock, sunshine, east bay, area 51, bostwick, ww are all better than pax. because its close to DAYTONA is that the reason?? i dont care where yall ride i just dont understand the allure of that track compared to all the other good tracks in FL.

Why do you all drool over pax track? That is one of the worst tracks in FL IMO. For whatever reason people from up north love it!! I used to race there when they had FL series races and gold cups, rode there a lot in college when i lived in orlando. but man i never liked that track and no one else in FL does either. they dont hold big races anymore and track never changed since 2004 the last time i rode there. dade city, bithlo, thundercross, hard rock, sunshine, east bay, area 51, bostwick, ww are all better than pax. because its close to DAYTONA is that the reason?? i dont care where yall ride i just dont understand the allure of that track compared to all the other good tracks in FL.

I liked Bithlo and Hard Rock..... BUT I loved PAX!! Man it just "flows" so nice! Its easy, fast, and makes you feel like your going a lot faster than you probably are. I just love it man! I didn't care for Bostwick that much. Track prep was shotty and just had a bad experience there I think.

I liked Bithlo and Hard Rock..... BUT I loved PAX!! Man it just "flows" so nice! Its easy, fast, and makes you feel like your going a lot faster than you probably are. I just love it man! I didn't care for Bostwick that much. Track prep was shotty and just had a bad experience there I think.

oh i forgot bartow mx, thats one of my favorite places to ride. they dont have a lick of shade but the best berms and sand. i like bostwick, but havent been there in a few years, maybe they are slipping.
track prep? in florida we like it rough, dry and loose!! anyone can ride sand when its smooth and watered, let it whoop out and get ruts and berms then its good. last motos are always the best and roughest.

dade city, bithlo, thundercross, hard rock, sunshine, east bay, area 51, bostwick, ww are all better than pax.

Thanks Derek. I added these to our track guide. It's nice to have recommendations before we head south this winter. We have plans to greatly improve our track guide so it's not an outdated mess but it'll take some time.

Our Alabama trip got rained out last winter so we kept driving south and found Waldo and Bostwick. Waldo was a fun practice track with RV hookups. Bostwick was sick. That's my sad limited knowledge of FL motocross. This winter we're adding another week to the trip and spending most of it in FL.

Back