How long was that moto?

Here, if 20 is too much then try 15 min... Everyone except kids 4 to 6 years old can ride at least 2 classes.
Figure there will be a couple min between motos so you would be on the track for 12ish min every moto. Almost twice what we currently get and all for the same cost. WOW what a deal. What track is going to step up and try it? Let me lease a track for one day and I will put on the race with this format. That way there is no risk to any track. BUT, I keep all the profits. If it flops then your out nothing.

Super Mini10215
450 B1015230
450C1030245
A 10453
Mini Jr.11315
250B1115330
250C1130345
50 Jr 11454
50 Sr.12415
Mini Sr.1215430
40+1230445
25+12455
Schoolboy1515
30+130545

<colgroup><col width="74" style="width: 56pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 2706;"> <col width="64" style="width: 48pt;" span="2"> <tbody>
</tbody>

It will flop the first time. The OMA Gp series gained riders after the first round. Word Would need to get out. Pro riders....Aspiring pro riders would need to learn about it to come. It would take a season to start seeing the turnouts improve. The local racer considers it a HOBBY just as you describe. They dont want to race 15-20 because their girlfriends and families will see their tongues caught in their spokes and need a surgeon to reattach it. For one Im in. Bring on the 20 min. moto.....and I'm 46. Most kids these days care more about a whip off the tabletop than anything else.

This idea would work great if the promoter charged $150 per class so they could make some profit from the 50 racers that showed up.

CK1 would you PLEASE open your own track already so we can all tell you how to run it? :p

Knitting is a hobby, Wood carving, stamp collecting, Painting "happy little trees" with Bob Ross. hobby, hobby, HOBBY. Motocross is racing. Racing is done for reward be it a plastic trophy, cheapo plaque or cash. The idea of racing to win or at lease beat someone. If all you are doing is a hobby then why do you want so many classes so you can get a trophy? Going riding at Jim Bo's house cause he made three wicked cool ramps in the back year. Is a Hobby.

Nitro, long motos do equate to the best rider wining. That's why all nationals, both pro and amateur are long motos.

In case you missed it... I just thru up Bob Ross on Pitracer.... I know that's a first.

Racing is a sport like any other sport, and those are hobbies unless you are getting paid(aka professional). drag racing, hobby. motocross, hobby. soccer, hobby. baseball, hobby. enduro racing, hobby. if you are collage, semi-pro or professional it isnt a hobby its a profession, you are getting paid to play or getting schooling in exchange for playing.

We would have a tongue surgeon on staff.
It sure would be cool to see a lot local kids doing well at a national level.
Nothing wrong with just racing for fun but the results show Ohio, Mich, Ind and PA kids are just not doing as well at LL and other big races.

Before anyone starts... Yes I know, not everyone wants to go to LL. But those that do often resort to going out of the area to get better. We need to do something to keep them here. Besides, show me a kid that doesn't want to ride more and I will show you a soccer player.
Now, who is playing goal?

Before anyone starts... Yes I know, not everyone wants to go to LL. But those that do often resort to going out of the area to get better. We need to do something to keep them here. Besides, show me a kid that doesn't want to ride more and I will show you a soccer player.
Now, who is playing goal?

So the current path to the Pro's is LL, why don't area and regional qualifiers run 15 minute motos?

Ok... Hobby and flow are my two hot button words....

Pit my man, I have been looking for some land in my neck of the woods but I refuse to pay 300K for 10 acres.
When I do find something, you can tell me all day long how to run it... Just as long as you give me the $25 to get in the gate. And I may even listen if it has to do with the betterment of the local rider... YOUR WELCOME :)

So the current path to the Pro's is LL, why don't area and regional qualifiers run 15 minute motos?

Simple. Coombs
"MX Sports" has your money before you touch the track at a qualifier or regional. They could care less how long you are on those tracks or if the track is deserving of the race in the first place. As long as they get your money.
Then they got you trapped at LL. The longer you stay, the more money they make.
Ever ask yourself why the AMA championship is solely owned by one "organization" being Coombs? Sure seams like that event should be on the open market for other track and promoters to potentially obtain???? Does anyone smell a kick back????
It all one big, darn, conspiracy... Maybe Rita was the man on the grassy knoll????

We would have a tongue surgeon on staff.
It sure would be cool to see a lot local kids doing well at a national level.
Nothing wrong with just racing for fun but the results show Ohio, Mich, Ind and PA kids are just not doing as well at LL and other big races.

you know it snows and is really cold here for 5 months out of the year right? southern riders ride year round. im from florida and we never had 15 min motos down there. maybe 10 mins total, 3 laps for a winter am or fl gold cup race at gatorback.

you know it snows and is really cold here for 5 months out of the year right? southern riders ride year round. im from florida and we never had 15 min motos down there. maybe 10 mins total, 3 laps for a winter am or fl gold cup race at gatorback.

All the more reason to use the time we do get to its fullest. Thanks, you just helped prove my point again. Ride long moto's, you have all winter to rest.

With all your $hit talk we had better see you on a bike next year.... a motocross bike, full size , racing some where on a motocross track.

I like your $hit talk but Im just saying you better step up to the plate next season, fat or not.

Knitting is a hobby, Wood carving, stamp collecting, Painting "happy little trees" with Bob Ross. hobby, hobby, HOBBY. Motocross is racing. Racing is done for reward be it a plastic trophy, cheapo plaque or cash. The idea of racing to win or at lease beat someone. If all you are doing is a hobby then why do you want so many classes so you can get a trophy? Going riding at Jim Bo's house cause he made three wicked cool ramps in the back year. Is a Hobby.

Nitro, long motos do equate to the best rider wining. That's why all nationals, both pro and amateur are long motos.

In case you missed it... I just thru up Bob Ross on Pitracer.... I know that's a first.

Bob Ross rocks! Well he used to, now he is dead. That's what would happen to local motocross if it went to longer motos! I could paint happy little trees on a happy little mountain all day long, but I could not race a happy little Moto for 20 minutes. RIP Bob.

KX500 on the bench right now. I will be the fat Jerry Robin next season. Yes I will be on the gate come 2014. 25 min moto required

All the more reason to use the time we do get to its fullest. Thanks, you just helped prove my point again. Ride long moto's, you have all winter to rest.

no my point was while the northerners skills are rusting over winter the southern riders are still riding and training, thats why they win more titles at amatuer nationals and why pro riders have houses in CA, FL, GA, SC, LA.

Its always been cold here in the winter and our riders are not doing as good on a national level. Its just a fact.
Why not try something to help our kids develop better skills, AND provide a better bang for the buck for the "hobbyist".

Nitro, When you go to the local track to practice. Do you ride 4 laps then stop for 5 hours. Then ride 4 more laps and load up and go home? I am willing to bet you don't. Most of the career practicers say "Why would I pay the same amount of money to race for 15 min when I can ride all day". Longer motos could possibly remove that excuse. Why not try it?

Back