The new round of Nationals has been announced

Glen Helen IS hardcore moto! I'll finally get to see it when I go to the MXoN in 2015. John, I'm not sure who is going, maybe Lake Elsinore?

We only need one desert track, and that is Glen Helen. I say nix Utah too. Move it back to Texas. I liked Freestone better than Utah. In my mind I cant quite follow why there isn't a national level track in Florida. With quite a few Pro racers making Florida there training grounds, why cant anyone build a national level facility in FL?

FLA has that elevation change problem...... not too many spots in FLA with much elevation change. Not that the flat tracks they added and man made the entire thing had any elevation, but not the greatest place to build a track. Plus FLA does get some SX races in..... looking at the whole year, FLA does OK for pro racing in their back yard.

Two weeks ago I drove out to see my son at the University of North Texas. Turns out he lives about 15 miles from Oak Hill. So we made the drive out to look around. WOW. What a great track / location / dirt / everything. If they are going to put a national in Texas, it has to be at Oak Hill. Never been to Freestone but it just can not be better.
I also think they need to return to Gatorback. Some of the best racing I have ever seen has been on that track.
So If I were overlord of moto (Coombs) I would move The Lake to the Glen, Utah to Oak Hill and the 'wick to Gatorback. Oh, and for good measure, I would also make 3 or 4 rounds rotating to various locations each year. Expand into markets that have not been touched and or had backs turned on them for reasons caused by mother nature... Say, like.... oh I don't know.... OHIO

Gator back needs some sand trucked back in (cant believe I just said that). Last time I raced Gatorback, it was like riding on concrete.

The top section has always been like concrete. Only good sand was up by the start and in the first turn. Love the sharp square edge holes the track always developed.

The heck with FLA, bring back both the PA nationals into the schedule. I can't afford the trip to Glen Helen!!!

I wish that Area 330 was still open and running. That place was the only national caliber track we had in Ohio, my opinion of course.

Freestone was fairly flat too. Seems like Florida has become like California in terms of being a moto Mecca. I know it doesn't fit the traditional mindset of motocross national because of the lack of terrain, but you don't want all the tracks to be the same either.

I wish that Area 330 was still open and running. That place was the only national caliber track we had in Ohio, my opinion of course.[/QUOTE]

That would have been cool, we definitely had the parking for it

You guys had quite the set-up. Only downfall I think was the access from a highway. But then again, 22 wasn't that far and thats a major travel road.

Back