BC Sweatshirt Ride

And thanks to so many that braved the bitter cold today. I just got off the dozer, hard to believe, but I think the tracks will be even better tomorrow. Vet dream prep on tap.

Yes! Talked to tractor driver again. He said it was looking pretty good for tomorrow. I have about 45 minutes work to do on bike in morning. I'll be ready Freddie.

Yes! Talked to tractor driver again. He said it was looking pretty good for tomorrow. I have about 45 minutes work to do on bike in morning. I'll be ready Freddie.

Open 11, provided the tractor driver quits talking to himself long enough to do a final pass.......

Another great weekend at the Cliff...thanks JO & crew for the awesome track & lets hope there's a few more for us in 2013!

Well my last visit to the track was back in mid June. I took my 18 yr old nephew (brothers son) out for his first trip on a MX track. Just learning to ride and intimidated by it all he done Ok, but ended up with a fractured wrist from a bad get-off. Not to be discouraged, he returned to Briarcliff several times on his own after healing up, even though I've been unable to accompany him due to work.

Finally getting a Sunday off, I emailed my brother on Saturday and told him to pass the word on to Jericho that I would be riding BC on Sunday. They contacted me back and had already planned on it as well.

I was treated with the amazement at the progress my nephew has made in his riding, now totally comfortable and pounding laps on the C track and even flying through the woods loop with his tried and true TTR125.

The highlight of my day came when my brother (51yrs) agreed to ride as well. A road biker for many years now, but had never done any dirt biking to speak of, aside from a couple corn field rides when we were teenagers. I brought an extra bike and loaded extra riding gear just in case my brother were to succumb to the temptation and decide to give this dirt stuff a try.

Paid his riders fee, got him geared up and had him poke around the grass field area for a few minutes to familiarize himself to the behaviors (or lack there-of) of a CR250.

To start, I slowly lead him through the trail loop. The 2nd lap would be for him to lead me at a pace comfortable for him. Emerging from the trail, I notioned for him to take the lead. He immediately sped up to about twice as fast as we were going, was now railing corners and plowing through the mud holes that I was doing my best to steer him around and he even got a little air on a small woods jump over a mudhole.

Shortly therafter we ventured over and he tackled the C track for two really good sessions. He done really well considering, and had an absolute blast. Most importantly was that for once, he was actually out there riding with his son instead of just moral support from Dad.

Thanks Jeremy and all the crew that make BC what it is. A true asset to Central Ohio riders.

Well my last visit to the track was back in mid June. I took my 18 yr old nephew (brothers son) out for his first trip on a MX track. Just learning to ride and intimidated by it all he done Ok, but ended up with a fractured wrist from a bad get-off. Not to be discouraged, he returned to Briarcliff several times on his own after healing up, even though I've been unable to accompany him due to work.

Finally getting a Sunday off, I emailed my brother on Saturday and told him to pass the word on to Jericho that I would be riding BC on Sunday. They contacted me back and had already planned on it as well.

I was treated with the amazement at the progress my nephew has made in his riding, now totally comfortable and pounding laps on the C track and even flying through the woods loop with his tried and true TTR125.

The highlight of my day came when my brother (51yrs) agreed to ride as well. A road biker for many years now, but had never done any dirt biking to speak of, aside from a couple corn field rides when we were teenagers. I brought an extra bike and loaded extra riding gear just in case my brother were to succumb to the temptation and decide to give this dirt stuff a try.

Paid his riders fee, got him geared up and had him poke around the grass field area for a few minutes to familiarize himself to the behaviors (or lack there-of) of a CR250.

To start, I slowly lead him through the trail loop. The 2nd lap would be for him to lead me at a pace comfortable for him. Emerging from the trail, I notioned for him to take the lead. He immediately sped up to about twice as fast as we were going, was now railing corners and plowing through the mud holes that I was doing my best to steer him around and he even got a little air on a small woods jump over a mudhole.

Shortly therafter we ventured over and he tackled the C track for two really good sessions. He done really well considering, and had an absolute blast. Most importantly was that for once, he was actually out there riding with his son instead of just moral support from Dad.

Thanks Jeremy and all the crew that make BC what it is. A true asset to Central Ohio riders.

Hey Mike, good to see that you are still riding. KO and myself have been wondering where you have been.

Saw quite a few regulars but didn’t realize you were at BC yesterday Mike! Great Fall Day!
Vet perfect prep for sure! Fast, sticky and fun…..
Was nailing the step over the Tunnel from the inside ….Big float, so cool.
What’s with all the flats Hause? I feel for ya..
Rumor has it the new Yam is really that good….Guess I need to find out for myself but was way too tired by the end.

Hey Mike, good to see that you are still riding. KO and myself have been wondering where you have been.

Thanks Jeff, good to be back (somewhat). And Hi to everybody!
Can't really say I've been riding though. I rode at a work buddies house for couple hours on a tuesday evening, 3 weeks ago, and that was my only time on a bike since Vintage Days.

I been thinking about all you guys as well. Won't bore you all with the details but 2013 has been a VERY different year for us. We've had a large workload this year again and began working random 12hr days and weekends straight through for months. Any spare time been going to family, the 3 grandkids, and financialy supporting the US government in tax's.

Beeing forced to prioritize for long periods of time kind of puts a person in a funk. Changes how you think about things.
Yesterday helped get me regrounded again though. Very therapeutic, mentally and physically.

The part that sucks is that I wanted to make my rounds and visit yesterday, but now-a-days I always feel rushed and that every minute is difficult to spare and hard to squeeze everything in.

But, it's always a good reassuring feeling "just spotting familiar faces you know in the pits". You just know you are in good company.

Track was awesome. Main track was a mind blowing blast to ride. The dirt and weather were spectacular.

367.jpg354.jpg362.jpg365.jpg308.jpg

Attachments

• 341.jpg
    341.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 108
Back