Club Membership?

ck1racerx

PR Addict
Just beating around some ideas and need a little input from the moto nation...
Lets say... There was a private motocross club in the southwest part of the state that offered over 50 acres of land with two tracks. Was open all year (weather permitting), Had 4 or 5 races a year, Gave the members all access to the club grounds for riding anytime they wanted. and so on....

How much would you be willing to spend on a yearly membership to this "theoretical" club?

Please don't say 20 bucks... you know that is not going to happen... Serious question.

Lets say... There was a private motocross club in the southwest part of the state that offered over 50 acres of land with two tracks. Was open all year (weather permitting), Had 4 or 5 races a year, Gave the members all access to the club grounds for riding anytime they wanted. and so on....

How much would you be willing to spend on a yearly membership to this "theoretical" club?

Please don't say 20 bucks... you know that is not going to happen... Serious question.

Pretty much ur saying Crows Canyon.... bc thats basically what it is, a club, with many acres, a track, and members can come and go as they please. Isnt it like 500/yr or somthin along that line for a family?

Sandusky Valley Riders MC - NorthWest Ohio. 42 acres with MX track, PeeWee track, Trails, River, Creek, Camping/Riding 24/7/365 = $250 per year membership with a $25 initiation fee. So $275 for your first year. We have approx 4 events per year, 2 meetings a month, and scheduled work days. You are awarded points for working these events, which are then deducted from your yearly dues. We do this to encourage volunteers and participation in lieu of having to pay flaggers, etc. Been an MC club since 1928, and the MX track has been there since 1970. We currently have approx 125 members. Hope this helps!

Sandusky Valley Riders MC - NorthWest Ohio. 42 acres with MX track, PeeWee track, Trails, River, Creek, Camping/Riding 24/7/365 = $250 per year membership with a $25 initiation fee. So $275 for your first year. We have approx 4 events per year, 2 meetings a month, and scheduled work days. You are awarded points for working these events, which are then deducted from your yearly dues. We do this to encourage volunteers and participation in lieu of having to pay flaggers, etc. Been an MC club since 1928, and the MX track has been there since 1970. We currently have approx 125 members. Hope this helps!

Perfect. Thank you.

Anyone else?

Hillside Riding Club $200 for individual or family.
They have a website that you can check out

WRMC - Salem: 78.5 acres with MX track, flat track, pee wee track and plenty of woods riding. Been around since 1957. Pretty similar to what was mentioned with Sandusky Valley Riders MC - big emphasis on work details and volunteering. 24/7/365 = $18 per year. Limited to fifty active members.

Now are you talking like MTF, Club MX, style facility? Because I would be completely into something like this in our state.

The clubs that have been around for a long time are wonderful and for the most part, the backbone of our sport. What I am thinking is more of a training facility like Club MX but also offer members a great track that just wants to race for fun.
I hate to use this word but... Club MX meet Kenworthy's

All Moto, all the time

The big question......

Track prep? The difference in what you can charge and receive. If you have a couple pf guaranteed prep days a week you will get more members too.

Prep EVERYDAY and whenever anyone wants. All equipment can be used by the members as well. Its a club, not a country club.

I think another factor is training. Most mx schools charge $150/day. Your price would depend on the facility, track conditions, and/or training level. You wouldn't have to prep the whole track every day. If it's a training facility you could just prep different sections to work on.

If you leave it open to anyone can prep any time, you will have people come out with 2 buddies, disc the track (using club fuel), possibly break the equipment, then rain the next day have rain ruts the size of the Red River Gorge going through the middle of the track because there weren't enough riders there to pack the track back in after discing. Then you'll need a dozer to make the repairs. Seen it happen way too many times. Just too many people that "think" they have great ideas.

I think it's a great idea, but there must be some pretty strict rules in place to keep the majority happy without wanting to skin the few brainiacs.

Prep EVERYDAY and whenever anyone wants. All equipment can be used by the members as well. Its a club, not a country club.

Big bucks.........Trying to keep up with fixing stuff from just the weekend can be hectic, let alone everyday. You might as well be shopping for a full time mechanic, and pretty good sized shop. You will probably need 3 trucks, 4 tractors and at least 2 dozers. Because the equipment will be needing rotated for maintenance and up keep.

Or my buddy knows how to run a dozer and I dont so he comes and preps for me.... Have you ever ridden a track that someone built and had no idea about motocross or jumping? Straight up take offs, no landings lol.

How far southwest?

Pretty much ur saying Crows Canyon.... bc thats basically what it is, a club, with many acres, a track, and members can come and go as they please. Isnt it like 500/yr or somthin along that line for a family?

Not even close. 250 for a year. kids 12 and under ride free. Any other associate members are 50 for the year.

Back