Club Membership?

So happens I know a thing or two about Kenworthy’s, seeing as how I spent hundreds of hours working / riding there every year from 1988 through 2004.

We charged $50 for the first year. After that, membership status was zero dollars, but was dependent upon working a MINIMUM of 20 hours a month at the track. The Club funded itself largely through the races, including the National. We never had a cap on membership, but we generally wanted members to live within 60 miles due to the work commitment needed to put on 4 amateur races (400 – 500 entries per race) plus 1 National per year (15k – 20k individual tickets sold per weekend). We also had a private end-of-year GP in the fall.

The work focused mostly on groundskeeping / mowing / fencing / wiring / hay bails / trash pickup (imagine THAT after a 20,000 spectator National weekend…) etc. Work also included race weekend track prep (disking and WATERING) and performing maintenance on equipment.

The Club owned a fleet of weedeaters and heavy duty mowers and most of the track prep equipment (JD 4020s, harrows, cultipackers dump trailers and watering trailers, bushhogs, bail pumps, trenchers, etc…), but we were very selective about who could operate the equipment. Only 2 or 3 people had keys to the dozers AND the diesel fuel tank. This is not counting the equipment Don owned outright. THAT is another conversation.

Chris, feel free to contact me. I would be willing to commit to a facility if it is within an hour of my house, life being what it is these days.

Regarding $, I would say something basic like $240 / year ($20 per month) to $365 / year ($1 per day) with a minimum work requirement per month per person.

Thanks Jason. I have to get a facility first. lol Working on that. Just hard to find the "right" place. Lets just buy the land on the river and reopen it for local races. No hidden "expenses", No tripling the land lease (each year), No "personal" equipment.
Just mow the grass, add about 10 corners so there is actual passing during the races and not just when someone crashes there brains out.
Fulton farms owns a thousand acres... surely they can sell us 50

I can get you Fulton's phone#. The actual land where the track was is not an option. Don only owned about 1/4 of the actual track / pit area. The balance was leased from Fultons and other KW family members. They really put the fun in dysfunctional family.

Just beating around some ideas and need a little input from the moto nation...
Lets say... There was a private motocross club in the southwest part of the state that offered over 50 acres of land with two tracks. Was open all year (weather permitting), Had 4 or 5 races a year, Gave the members all access to the club grounds for riding anytime they wanted. and so on....

How much would you be willing to spend on a yearly membership to this "theoretical" club?

Please don't say 20 bucks... you know that is not going to happen... Serious question.

$0.35 for an unlimited ride membership from November 1st- March 30th
$25 each visit from April 1st-October 31st.

And I never want to help out with prep. Ever. Or announcing.

The tracks obviously are in a flood plain therefore not worth a lot to most....however that is also why the dirt was so perfect for us with river bottom silt layering the track several times a year ...the HARD part would be getting the parking lots back from the Fulton's. I think if it could come together it would be amazing since D11 tracks lack good dirt!!!

Never been there. The web site is not doing them any favors. Motorcycles, an outdoor bar, and guns. No combo I want to be in

Back