Off-Camber MX up for Auction

I stumbled across this on CL the other night. After looking closer I realized that it was indeed OFF CAMBER MX. So, I contacted Ricky and found out what I could. It will be up for auction on November 5th. The equipment goes with it. When Off Camber was prepped it was a great track. There are several videos on youtube to back this up if you have never been there. I would love to get this property, but not sure if I can afford it etc. by myself. So, I thought I would share this information with all of you b/c I hate to see any track going away. Ricky told me that there have been other inquiries about the land, but I was the only one interested in keeping it as a track. Here is the link for you all to get more info:

http://akroncanton.craigslist.org/bfs/4149931778.html

Rich

Bummer :( that has been my "first ride of the year" track for 2 years straight

dang thats a good peice of property with a track already kinda there. any ideas on how much it may auction off for? $10,000 and acre thats $130,000 maybe?

Watch out boys, I heard in the past the neighbors had a petition going to shut it down based on noise and dust.
We all know what happens when the neighbors get upset. Not sure if Ricky was able to get that resolved or not,
maybe that's why it's going up for auction?

Ricky told me that there were complaints, but the township just blew them off. When I asked him about the price he said that he was hoping to get 100k, but since it was an auction he did not know.

Word of caution.....the township only counts with the zoning laws. Every track that has been shut down in the area by neighbors didnt have zoning issues. The people banded together and had them shut down by draining track money in court.

no offense to ricky but the prep wasnt alwyas the best.... there was a lot of dust almost everytime i was there. maybe if the dust was kept down it wouldnt be an issue for a new owner.

Word of caution also. Sometimes when a property changes ownership, if there is any "grand fathering" of uses, a lot of times that goes away with ownership change.

Anybody go to this? Know who bought it? Completely slipped my mind until today. Thought about going for the hell of it, but as usual to much personal stuff going on.

Anybody go to this? Know who bought it? Completely slipped my mind until today. Thought about going for the hell of it, but as usual to much personal stuff going on.
I went to try and buy water truck. A guy in the area bought the land No one knows what his plans are for the land. He also bought the mineral rights for it.

I went to buy the water truck too, but Yog from Salem MC paid more than Lonnie and I were willing to spend. Not sure
why a harescramble track needs a water truck? Oh well, it was great to meet you Lonnie! I'm looking forward to riding at your
place soon.

I went to buy the water truck too, but Yog from Salem MC paid more than Lonnie and I were willing to spend. Not sure
why a harescramble track needs a water truck? Oh well, it was great to meet you Lonnie! I'm looking forward to riding at your
place soon.
Nice talking with you Dave. Not sure why he bought that water truck either. It just wasn't worth that much to me

The web site says they are building a new MX track. The pictures they do have of this new track show a bunch of huge rocks already on the track... Not the best dirt, but who knows. Maybe there are plans to bring in better dirt. And of course, mountains of wood chips.
Another option for racing our scooters is always a good thing.

I checked out the site too, they are going to need a lot more than one POS 1200 gallon water truck to keep that place watered properly.

I hope they keep off camber around that was a great track and great dirt. IMO some of the best dirt around and everyone I know that went there really liked it a lot. One of the only tracks that has a lot of elevation change. That water truck they had was not great at all. When the track was prepped great it was Awsome

I spoke with Ricky. The place went for about 94k. I do not know who bought it. I went so far to speak with the zoning commissioner and he said that there were problems with the neighbors b/c of dust and noise. The property is zoned as industrial 2 which does not allow for a MX track as a business unless it is a donation only deal. But, he also stated that if the neighbors made it a legal issue that was something different. I suppose that everyone could be happy if the place was watered properly and practice hours were worked out with the neighbors. As far as a new track website, please post a link. Also, the track was very fun, good dirt etc. I hope the new owners will run it as a track, but after talking w/Ricky I do not think that will happen. If you have any reliable info please post it. C'ya.

Back