Two Stroke vs. Four Stroke

Avster556

PR Member
Opinions/Thoughts toward each. If there already is a forum on this topic please let me know. (New to this)

I had a 250F and loved it, now I have a 250 two-stroke and prefer it over the four-stroke. Are you looking to purchase something?

It all depends on your liking. You are going to get heated arguments for both sides. They each have pros and cons.

I have always ridden two stroke. Although at briarcliff with my buddy i rode his four stroke and it felt so heavy. Love two stroke. Actually I am looking for a nice 125.

If you want to go fast on todays tracks...4 stroke

if you want to have fun...2 stroke

it's rough to do both unless your pretty good.

A 2 stroke is faster cc for cc and lighter but also takes more skill to use the power. I prefer a 2 stroke anyday but that's what I grew up riding so im familiar with them.. oh and a two stroke doesn't require a mortgage to buy and maintain lol

A 2 stroke is faster cc for cc and lighter but also takes more skill to use the power. I prefer a 2 stroke anyday but that's what I grew up riding so im familiar with them.. oh and a two stroke doesn't require a mortgage to buy and maintain lol

Agreed

No way are the modern two strokes harder to ride. You need to set it up to your liking/ ability but I am having as much fun on my new two stroke as I ever have riding a dirt bike. I find the two strokes to have a much lighter feel and handle better in my opinion. They are also a do it all bike that won't break the bank. Don't get me wrong I appreciate the new four strokes and the technology they have built in. But it seems since the four stroke revolution people act like the two stroke is second rate. It drives me crazy.

I honestly beleive the industry started using 4 strokes because they wanted to make more money. 2 Strokes can be fixed by anyone in their garage. Not so much with a 4 stroke. You see pro's riding 4 strokes and bam, everyone wants one. Honestly a pro rider is going to be fast as hell on both types of bike, one just costs more to fix. 2 strokes smell better too.

I would bet money if pros started racing 2 strokes again all of a sudden people at the tracks would have 2 strokes. To many followers. I have a 450 and a 250 2 stroke. Before I joined the army had sold my bikes I enjoyed and rode better on my 2 stroke than the 4 stroke.

I've got an '09 CRF 450, and an '04 RM 250 2 stroke. Hands down, the 2 stroke is way more fun to ride. The only time I like riding the 450 is when the dirt is very hardpack. That being said, if I was racing, I would race the 450. I can go much faster with less effort on the 450.

I did crank seals on a '75 two stroke street bike, horizontal split cases, this evening.
I can't believe I put this off so long. It was no more work than putting new link bearings/
seals in a modern motorcrosser. Really. Out of the bike and done in 2 hours. Yea, the
engine's still on the bench because I got impressed with myself and slacked off at the
end. But it just needs bolted back in the frame.

So I'm still a two stroke believer.

No way are the modern two strokes harder to ride. You need to set it up to your liking/ ability but I am having as much fun on my new two stroke as I ever have riding a dirt bike. I find the two strokes to have a much lighter feel and handle better in my opinion. They are also a do it all bike that won't break the bank. Don't get me wrong I appreciate the new four strokes and the technology they have built in. But it seems since the four stroke revolution people act like the two stroke is second rate. It drives me crazy.

Was that you on the KTM that went blitzing by at BC?

got a 2 stroke and 4 stroke for sale

08 yz450 2500
11 yz 250
text or call for info724-496-0297

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 144
  • yz6.jpg
    yz6.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 145
Back