Two Stroke vs. Four Stroke

341.jpg

I did get this shot of ya.....Bam! Two-Stroke!

2 Stroke prices are more outrageous then ever? Yamaha's 125 hasnt changed since 03 yet they demand a price not far off of the 4 stroke. The used market from what Ive seen is a little overpriced as well. No way in hell Im spending 3k on a 06 2 stroke lol. The deals are out there you just have to look. It all depends on you personal preference.

Was the # 911 125 that came screaming past.....

Would love to try that 250/300.

Yep, That was my son on the #911. Look me up next time you see me and you can take it for a spin. I am having alot of fun with it. It can be ridden like a 450 (less shifting) but handles like a two stroke.

2 Stroke prices are more outrageous then ever? Yamaha's 125 hasnt changed since 03 yet they demand a price not far off of the 4 stroke. The used market from what Ive seen is a little overpriced as well. No way in hell Im spending 3k on a 06 2 stroke lol. The deals are out there you just have to look. It all depends on you personal preference.

I agree. I am looking for a winter project and thought a 2 stroke 250 with a big bore kit would be fun. Hard to swallow 3k for 05, 06, etc! I did score a 2002 cr80 for my son to practice on (He can race the 65 class for 2 more years) for $500. Every piece of plastic was twisted and scraped. It was a "farm bike" ridden by a girl. The expansion chamber didn't have the paint rubbed off! New plastics, tires, and a top end kit and the thing screams! Deals are out there, this was a friend of a friend...

If you want to go fast on todays tracks...4 stroke

if you want to have fun...2 stroke

it's rough to do both unless your pretty good.

Yep, I agree with this too.

Also agree with JStory on the KTM 300 being a great bike.

I have an XC300 and a YZ250 and the 300 has a really nice broad powerband yet the bike still feels snappy and light! Pretty cool when a plated street legal 300 feels so dirt worthy! Uh, and I know....I should put that little rubber strap thingy around my kickstand if I'm gonna jump it.

tree+jump.JPG

When I'm feeling like a fat lazy bastard ill ride the 4 stroke. So after those hard nights of drinking before a Saturday practice I'm on 4 stroke all day.

With a good nights rest and a decent exercise regimen I'm on the 2 smoker every chance I get.

I know, a lot of people's broken necks are my fault. Sometimes it's incredibly hard to sleep at night, the cymbalta I added to my depression medication regimen seems to help.

I know, a lot of people's broken necks are my fault. Sometimes it's incredibly hard to sleep at night, the cymbalta I added to my depression medication regimen seems to help.

If you need an ACE card, let me know brother. I'm here to not only defend our country as an 11bravo, I'm here to help my fellow American as well. Depression can be tough to deal with, and is no joking matter. So, because this topic is no joking matter, I know you are not joking. I can drive you to see a doctor when I'm in town on leave, I would hate for you to do anything you might later regret due to falling into a deeper depression.

In a nutshell, if you need anything I am here for you.

Back