MX and accident insurance

Now of course, there is a percentage of policy holders that never file those claims.

I guarantee that. I find it hard to believe any for-profit company uses something like this as a loss leader.
They count on most people not making claims and certainly have an actuary making sure that they are
charging enough for the policy so that they make money.

By the way, Assurant, Nationwide, and Humana are not even tier 1 carriers with us. I would not recommend any of those. Aflac is good, they pay claims great, but your paying for the DUCK. Aflac Group (is not really Aflac), it is CAIC, Continental American Insurance Company. Many employees switch from Aflac to Aflac group at their employers only to find out that CAIC does not like to pay claims like Aflac, and it is a totally separate company. Humana.......their backroom is horrible.

They just popped to the top of a gurgle search. If somebody where in the market for such a policy,
what companies would you recommend?

I just proved you wrong, I did so when I first posted.

Anecdotal evidence is not proof of the larger question about how they make/don't make
money on this coverage.

I'm glad it worked out for you and that you bought a policy that covered race
injuries.

Just to be clear though, the Allstate policy does state this under limitations.

it states in (H) driving in any organized or scheduled race or speed test or testing any vehicle on any racetrack or speedway

I've had Aflac and Allstate over the years, and both have paid. I never tell the ER I was racing. I always just merely state that I was riding my dirt bike and had a get off. Aflac requested a ton of info back from me on a get off at dirt country years ago, but still paid the claim. If people have kids, they should have accident policies.

Just another quick example, have a client that rides his bicycle to work in Columbus. Hit by a car. Had a skull fracture, broken collar bone, and pelvis. Spent time in the hospital, surgery, etc. His Allstate policy paid him almost $10,000 for that accident.

Last year had a guy that works in Cincinnati, his son was killed in a street bike accident. It paid the hospital portion and medical expense portion of the policy. But he passed away from the accident, and it has $15.000 life insurance included for children ($60,000 for employee), so the $15,000 helped pay his funeral expense. He had no other life insurance.

John - is that type of allstate policy available to individuals or aas group only?! im very interested in this.

All this talk reminded me of the Aflac policy I think it is that my wife has through her work on me. I was asking to check into if we can get anything for my torn rotator cuff deal I've been dealing with since July as well as my upcoming surgery December 2nd to fix it.

She was telling me that if the doctors put anything with "dirt bike" in the report, they wouldn't pay. I mentioned to her about the thread on here saying that in most cases as long as it's not a "racing" incident, we should be good. She is going to check on it...

I may need to see if my work has any accident insurance....

We use aflac and if we can we tell them it was a mountain bike accident. We have only not been covered one time out of five and thats because my husband took an ambulance ride. At Area 51 my youngest step daughter had to have a helicopter ride out of practice there. Everything for that got covered, key is to say you were practicing. I think there is aflac policies that cover for racing.

There are some Aflac policies that cover racing now. I never sell Aflac (even though it is a carrier we represent). I am going to do some research and see if there is a way that I can set up an "association" that we can still do a bank draft for payment and try and offer the best policy we can get for everyone. The one for example Hershey and I are on, is currently one of the top policies in the business, but it is a group policy that can not be sold on an individual basis. If you leave employment, it is portable at the same rate, but is sold as a group policy with participation requirements for the new group of 5. I have a new one that pays actual expenses with a $50 deductible that would be awesome to use. It is brand new to the market, and I know that one can be bank drafted. I've gotten several messages, so let me see what I can find that would work for everyone.

Thanks.

Ok, so hire me at $0.01 per year Salary as your occupational nurse. Then I can enroll.
Crute: $0.01 is your IT guy.....
MX315: $0.01 is your Painter.....

Pickin up what i'm thrown' down?

Ok, so hire me at $0.01 per year Salary as your occupational nurse. Then I can enroll.
Crute: $0.01 is your IT guy.....
MX315: $0.01 is your Painter.....

Pickin up what i'm thrown' down?

No offense.........but my occupational nurse is going to be MUCH hotter than you. I am thinking something more like this.......

View attachment 12376

Attachments

• funny-nurses-poster_large.gif
    funny-nurses-poster_large.gif
    47.7 KB · Views: 169
1. She will cost you more than $0.01. And she won't buy an injury policy. LOL.

2. They don't look like that. But believe me there are some nurses that dress in standard scrubs, and it is sure hard to concentrate at work sometimes. Lucky for me I haven't gotten 1 where i'm at yet. GR.

I fractured a rib riding a few weeks ago and had to miss a week of work I'm going to file an Aflac claim and my doctor just wrote down that I fell so what should I tell Aflac?

Tell them you did it on a bike, on a public course. or Closed course, not sure how you word it. John would know!

My thing is, if they'll pay a claim to the guy who rolls his lawnmower over the side of a hill (with a can of beer in hand), why can't they pay the claim for the guy riding a dirt bike on a dirt path sober with full protective gear on?

Man you guys get hurt on these dirtbikes a lot. Ive never been hurt by one but I seem to fall off the roof quite a bit...On a serious note the last time I got hurt my wife told them what happened and my insurance paid for everything no questions asked. Even got disability for a couple monthes through them. I just have a regular medical mutual with a 3k deductible and a mra account, nothing fancy.

Famous last words, you better edit that post. It's not if it's when!

That was a joke, I get hurt all the time on my bike. To be more clear I was knocked out bad last time I crashed my bike and my wife told the er what happened. I never had a problem with them covering me or paying me disability that I didn't even know I had. What did make me mad was the constant letters asking me where it happened and who was involved. They went straight to they trash.

That was a joke, I get hurt all the time on my bike. To be more clear I was knocked out bad last time I crashed my bike and my wife told the er what happened. I never had a problem with them covering me or paying me disability that I didn't even know I had. What did make me mad was the constant letters asking me where it happened and who was involved. They went straight to they trash.

That's typical. They're just trying to see if it was someone else's fault so they can try and get money back from them.

Back