2014 LL Regionals

Its not even 2014 yet and me and RAMFS got a bet on the line to see who does better in +35 (I love this sport) looking at the schedule I'll be gone every weekend in june with Ella trying in the youth division

Perfect.. Now Mitchy and I have company!!!

Perfect.. Now Mitchy and I have company!!!

Nick was on the new Ktm 50 today. He does not realize how much faster he is on it. He only knows it is his new favorite. So we will try to qualify for at least 1 regional. He does not have the speed yet but maybe he can get in with an early qualifier or something.

I will be racing the southwest area and regional. (Moved to Arizona 6 months ago)
Area Is at a track called ACP (arizona cycle park ) sometime in February. Most likely .
regional is at competitive edge is SoCal . Going to have to make some Cali trips this winter

I hate getting older. I'd do anything to be back in the 40 class.

Tyler, how is the riding out there? Photos? Still on the two stroke?

I hate getting older. I'd do anything to be back in the 40 class.

I feel ya Sharc. I'm going to be a very grumpy old man. I'm going to fight it tooth and nail, but know eventually I will loose. Takes so much more effort to stay in shape. Well, some sort of physical shape I mean. Round is becoming my normal body shape these days. 9 years huh? Wow, we shall see. Seems like I should be able to do it no problem, but... I am getting better at not hitting the dirt though...finally. ;)

Life after MX? Wow, hate to think. Not as fun. I will get fatter or be grumpier since I cannot eat what I want to and burn the calories.... Struggling with that now.

Tyler, how is the riding out there? Photos? Still on the two stroke?
Riding is really not good. Only 3 tracks in the whole state. ACP is by far the best track. But is 2.5-3 hours away . Lots of places to trail ride but I don't do much of that .
TWO STROKE? You might have me mixed with someone else . I been on the 4 stroke since 2004 .
ACP held the western pro Am , didn't get a chance to go down .
Ps. Look up the results from last years LL regional . For some reason ppl think that Southern California is a Mecca for mx . Personaly I think it's dead. From local races to areas to regionals am. Motocross is dead out here.
Example I will be racing +25 for LL this year . the southwest regional had 10 RIDERS . (And I know 2 of them and they ARNT fast ) in the class last year vs. a regional out east with 30+ . All the classes are smaller . Way less ppl try for LL out west .

Tyler brings up a good point. It has almost ALWAYS been this way... The guys that go to LL from the Southwest go to win. Now, before you say something... not everyone goes to win... If you have to go to 2 or 3 regionals just to squeak in... NEWS FLASH... You are not going to win LL... Nothing wrong with trying and the experience is great but you KNOW your not going to win.
If you have to drive 2500 miles just to get there, then you are not going for the "atmosphere" lol.
The world mini in Vegas is a huge race and you can count the number of guys from the east half of the country on one hand. That is just logistics and common sense.

Having the majority of the industry based in SoCal will keep that area the "Mecca". I was hoping that with the start of JGR's moto team, more of those companies would make the move to the RIGHT coast. Lord knows most of the riders have figured it out. Great weather, MUCH better dirt, water, grass and a lot less democrats.

Back