Area Qualifiers on MX Sports

Hey!.....At LL this year we camped right next to the guy in the lower right of this photo. (Guy with tongue out).
Great guy! Nice family. He's fast too, (faster than Rich) but had some crappy luck in a few motos.
I think he ran +35 & +40

Lol....yes it is!

Where can I find info on the Vet stuff you race? I would like to check it out!

http://mysite.verizon.net/vzergj8v/mastersmx/index.html

Discussion on a FB page called Masters MX motocross series also. Post anything you want there this time of year. During the race season, just pertinent info on the series is left up. Ads and other track days/races are pulled down. Lots of pics my wife takes on that page during the race season...

All the guys in that pic are +50 A and +50 B riders. Guy with his tongue out is Dave Reich. He's 53 I think. I don't think anyone in that pic did Loretta's. We get lots that never join that do though! Guys like Dean Sarver, Greg Voell ( old guy at LL on a Yam 144-he owns a bike shop in VA), Jeff Callihan ( he won a LL title in '79 at Lake Sugar tree), James Mcgee ( Service Honda 500 2 smoke, and he is an emergency room doctor) come sometimes for the 8 lap motos to get their butts in shape. All those guys mentioned did the big dance this year in the +50 class. Might be more, but that is all that I know of.

So yeah, Local can be fun. Of course a track like Blue Diamond is 35 minutes SW of Philly. when you take in NY City, Philly, Baltimore and Washington DC, you got a whole hell of a lot of people in a relatively small area. Then you have no place to practice in MD and NJ (one track each today) and you got old guys just itching to come out and ride/race. So it's not like Ohio with a track in every town, or so it seems.

Hey!.....At LL this year we camped right next to the guy in the lower right of this photo. (Guy with tongue out).
Great guy! Nice family. He's fast too, (faster than Rich) but had some crappy luck in a few motos.
I think he ran +35 & +40

Marc, you're thinking of FRENCHIE!! Greg Pamart! One of my very good friends; Frenchie and I ride together a lot!! He owns GP MX Motocross schools! Yeah, Dave kinda looks like Frenchie in that picture.

Greg is a red head French transplant. The guy you're talking about has a french accent right??

HA HA ! Small world!! Frenchie just got off those Suzuki's and went back to the Yamadog for 2014. He's ready for Mini-O's this year and will be down there if you're doing that Marc.

If it was Frenchie, he always wears his trademark white Oakley sunglasses. He NEVER has black sunglasses!

2013-11-02tmhwkmstrfnl062_zpsaed751fc.jpg

Marc, you're thinking of FRENCHIE!! Greg Pamart! One of my very good friends; Frenchie and I ride together a lot!! He owns GP MX Motocross schools! Yeah, Dave kinda looks like Frenchie in that picture.

Greg is a red head French transplant. The guy you're talking about has a french accent right??

HA HA ! Small world!! Frenchie just got off those Suzuki's and went back to the Yamadog for 2014. He's ready for Mini-O's this year and will be down there if you're doing that Marc.

If it was Frenchie, he always wears his trademark white Oakley sunglasses. He NEVER has black sunglasses!

Not sure what your talking about....

The guy kneeling, all the way on the right. I looked him up. He rode Hondas, his # was 55 and his name was Ryan Weatherby and is no-way 50 years old.......That sure looks like him.

Anyway...Pamart did real well this year and I remember the guy on the 144 in the +50 class.

2013-11-02tmhwkmstrfnl062_zpsaed751fc.jpg

Not sure what your talking about....

The guy kneeling, all the way on the right. I looked him up. He rode Hondas, his # was 55 and his name was Ryan Weatherby and is no-way 50 years old.......That sure looks like him.

Anyway...Pamart did real well this year and I remember the guy on the 144 in the +50 class.

Looked up Ryan Weatherby up on MX Sports. Guy is from Alma, Michigan. I don't think he traveled to Maryland or Delaware to race the whole series, but if you say that's him, you should know the guys I raced better than me. Of course, I haven't raced since Memorial day, so I could be wrong (LOL)! Nah, I still went to every race. All my buddies from racing are still there. The guy on the right, that's Dave Nicholas. He runs Elizabeth city MX. He comes up to ride sometimes and is a great dude. He wants one of these races SO BAD, but NC is getting far for a local race.

This site is full of info. Still is.

And I get the picture. Our little local scene is just that, but I love the people and I love the atmosphere.

You guys are too cliquish for me. Probably wouldn't think vet racing is grand enough! No problem, I hope that fellow that owns Briarcliff does his Vet thing. I'm down for that kind of racing!

I’m sure you know who you ride with.
This is our neighbor from LL 2013.

[video=youtube_share;8QRmAeNFmi4]http://youtu.be/8QRmAeNFmi4?t=30s[/video]
The guy in the lower right of that picture sure looks like a long lost brother or cousin at the least. ha-ha

And I get the picture. Our little local scene is just that, but I love the people and I love the atmosphere.

You guys are too cliquish for me. Probably wouldn't think vet racing is grand enough! No problem, I hope that fellow that owns Briarcliff does his Vet thing. I'm down for that kind of racing!

WTF Chuck?

Probably wouldn't think vet racing is grand enough!

I disagree Greg. I know 20-30 guys who drive long distances for vet races. This racing format is quite appealing. I'm very excited about a promoter in Ohio talking about doing one next year. It's not that vets don't like minis or quads. I'm sure there's a market for mini races too. The bottom line is aside from the big races (baja brawl, battle for ohio, regionals) a 13 hour race day is not appealing, much like a 6 hour round of golf.

Back