Vet Fest meets Vintage Days

Can you make a vintage track on the C track? maybe go around some of the jumps?
I am not a vintage guy. I bet you could make something that would make the vintage guys want to come back for more next year.
Like vet521 says. maybe just a couple classes for vintage. Maybe run vet sport on the same track as vintage????

your pal, Double Miller light Dush. ( I have a trade mark on that spelling so dont use it, I will charge you)

Props on that concept! Being a vet who's into vintage stuff... what's not to like (as long as there's a post vintage class for my 84 RM250 :) ) !

Just mentioning the GP thing still makes me regret missing the GP you had at BC.

Maybe if we expand the C track, in my mind its too small and a few other things I won't mention here. The c track isn't really a race track. No starting gate, however I suppose we could create an area provided I could grade a ditch and we could find one of those long rubber band thingys. Miller lite? Whatcha worried about your girly figure? Only premium race fuel over here. 400 lbs monkey.....

No starting gate, however I suppose we could create an area provided I could grade a ditch and we could find one of those long rubber band thingys.

You don't need that! Just do the dead engine start where the rider has to run 10~20 yards to his bike, then kick it over, to take off. fair enough as long as nobody tries tackling or tripping, or knocking over the guys bike who can't run too fast before he gets there senerio.

Sounds like fun, although I have nothing vintage other than my '86 Tecate 3-wheeler...although we are getting close to the decade dealio with the 2005 KX250...

C-track has some real good potential for Vintage racing. As Jeremy said, it's a bit short in length. You could actually route a little bit of the GP path into it for simplicity (areas that are near to the C track). Action has just a tad of wooded areas, blends in nicely.

You can get by with a simple flag start as Mid Ohio VMD and Drew and Kyle have proven at Action Sports, not the best scenario but better than not racing.

On the subject of jumps I wouldn't worry about that too much as the C track is not that radical. At the Smith Rd AHRMA race this year, the official asked the racers during the riders meeting if they were comfortable with the jumps and if they wanted any bypassed and there was a unanimous "NO", we want all the jumps in the course. And that being only my 2nd race event on a 4" suspension vintage bike was amazed at how some of us were airing them old bikes out, and even pounding them with some flat landings. We had some real good race action at Smith, and everybody I spoke with had a blast.

The only complaint that I recall hearing was some guy bitching about the Modern National sized corner ruts and mud. Of course us easterners were completely happy with the corner ruts.

Briarcliff is also a good place to showcase Ohio's Vintage/PV racing scene at a local level, for one thing it's almost directly in the center of the state. Spectators might enjoy seeing bikes from "way back when" banging around. I can see it growing.

And on schedulling, I find I that I become very sad after AMA Vintage Days is over, beings I have been staying in the state racing, I have to wait until next spring to race them old bikes again.

Sorry, but vintage racers won't show up. I guess I shouldn't be so generalizing about it, because I probably would and a handful of others would. So I guess I should say "I'll bet less than 20 vintage racers would show up."

Keep in mind that at the AMA or AHRMA vintage races they layout a course going around most of the jumps. If you say they have to race the same track you're done. A good example of this is the High Point Vet/Vintage National. This has been running for almost 30 years! For 2013 they had a total of 11 "vintage" racers show up. And that's stretching it because they started "Vintage" at 1995 or older.

I've raced the High Point Vet National on old bikes about 5 times, and not counting Babets I think I've only see one or two other racers there that I see at AMA or AHRMA races over the entire span I've raced the event. I'll admit, sometimes it's a handful trying to race an old bike on the full High Point course prepped for modern bikes.View attachment 12548

Raises a qustion in my mind, is there a reason Hi Point doesn't get a larger draw?
I honestly never remember the event until you guys mention it on here. Is there enough promo around this event? Certainly doesn't seem to be by word of mouth.

Correct me if inaccurate but it seems like Unidilla is getting some attention and fan fare with their Vintage event, and that is without modern Vet racing same weekend ( I think ), so what's different between Unidilla and Hi Point?

How was the VET racer class's draw at the Battle this year? It's an old debate but I recall as many grumblings about getting older vet riders out to race the A track?

Can you make a vintage track on the C track?

I was thinking the samething about the C track, but I've enjoyed riding my EVO on the big track, heck one year I was doing the triple on my 82 CR250 and not on my modern KX. I think we could around up about 5-10 post vintage guys in the cincy area!

so what's different between Unidilla and Hi Point?

Unadilla is an AHRMA race, and AHRMA has treated that event as basically a replacement for Mid Ohio as their premier event of the season.

Bottom line here is, would be cool to have an Ohio Vet championship race again. I basically talked Scenic into that a decade ago and he ran it for several years with decent attendance.

But if BC tries to have an entire day for vintage bikes (like saturday) he's going to lose his A$$. Start out with a few old bike classes on Sunday and see if it grows from there.

I would also be on board with the others that say make it in the Fall, like Sept/Oct. Seems like after Labor Day weekend all us Vets are just looking around for places to go since all the cool events are over with. Saturday practice, Sunday racing.

Unadilla is an AHRMA race, and AHRMA has treated that event as basically a replacement for Mid Ohio as their premier event of the season.

Bottom line here is, would be cool to have an Ohio Vet championship race again. I basically talked Scenic into that a decade ago and he ran it for several years with decent attendance.

But if BC tries to have an entire day for vintage bikes (like saturday) he's going to lose his A$$. Start out with a few old bike classes on Sunday and see if it grows from there.

I would also be on board with the others that say make it in the Fall, like Sept/Oct. Seems like after Labor Day weekend all us Vets are just looking around for places to go since all the cool events are over with. Saturday practice, Sunday racing.

The fall scares me.....I hear way to often that its time for fall sports. I'm not saying that its that way for everyone. As a promotor I don't want to plan an event, spend a bunch of money to get a turnout that's......eh well, ok. I would think the fall would be a great time (thinking 15-20 years ago), but things have changed. Plus, there is less daylight I the fall. More daylight makes for a more festive Saturday night, or at least it seems that way, evening temps are better too.

Rebuild the C track and put lights on it. Have a Friday series and run vintage classes into the night. Problem solved. Well, kinda. I've been playing the lottery here and there, so at some point, I may be able to help you out. .. ;)

I can't argue with the possibilities you speak of.

But I do think your idea of mixed bag of Vintage, PV-EVO, Bomber-Non Current, Decade, and Modern Vet class's all together in a 2 day, 3-moto championship sounds excellent. And GP's if you can work them in. Open for practice Friday.

You could be on to something there!
Good thinking John :)

(it's always easy to plan when spending someone elses money and time, hee hee)

FYI Mid-Ohio is July 18-20.I dont know what the answer is with vintage racing in Ohio? The AMA Series was a bust imo,Drew had a decent turnout along with Mid-Ohio,the rest of the races was very light.Hopefully a bigger turnout this year.It will be interesting at Action Sports this year with them having an AMA and AHRMA race,to see which organization has the biggest turnout! I also heard rumor of an AHRMA event at Delta?

FYI Mid-Ohio is July 18-20.I dont know what the answer is with vintage racing in Ohio? The AMA Series was a bust imo,Drew had a decent turnout along with Mid-Ohio,the rest of the races was very light.Hopefully a bigger turnout this year.It will be interesting at Action Sports this year with them having an AMA and AHRMA race,to see which organization has the biggest turnout! I also heard rumor of an AHRMA event at Delta?

Regarding Action Sports having an AMA and AHRMA round for 2014...yep, guess that's what AHRMA lead Drew to believe, but last week, I heard AHRMA pulled their usual BS and backed out on an Athens AHRMA round. Word is that they're still pizzed over Drew working with the AMA on their Vintage races. It's crap like that, that will make me think twice about buying another AHRMA membership for 2014!

Log Road has vintage classes with modern support races on Sunday morning,then has open practice after the races.
Rebuild the C track and put lights on it. Have a Friday series and run vintage classes into the night. Problem solved. Well, kinda. I've been playing the lottery here and there, so at some point, I may be able to help you out. .. ;)

Regarding Action Sports having an AMA and AHRMA round for 2014...yep, guess that's what AHRMA lead Drew to believe, but last week, I heard AHRMA pulled their usual BS and backed out on an Athens AHRMA round. Word is that they're still pizzed over Drew working with the AMA on their Vintage races. It's crap like that, that will make me think twice about buying another AHRMA membership for 2014!

I didn't renew this year.

Only pg 4 so far...

I understand people in Ohio from what ive read on here dont like AHRMA,but if you want to race more than 5 vintage races a year,AHRMA is about the only thing out there.
I didn't renew this year.

Only pg 4 so far...

Back