Columbus AX this Saturday

Thats good advice I raced the fair series, rolled most of them catapults other than the frankin co fair, no problems in plus 40 or 125 b/c just pay attention to practice and see which line is the bes for "hitting it" and stay to the oppisite side

Hold your line, don't look over your shoulder.

Jimbo, I would not suggest an arena cross for anyone.. just wait for a trip south.
Hold yer line and race outdoors.....

It's different, but fun. I've been going since the 80's, though not for the last couple years. It's in my opinion that you know and trust the track builder and the way he builds the jumps because it's all about knowing the track before you go out. If you've ridden Marks tracks enough and know how he builds the catapult on his fair races, this it is basically the same, just a little bigger, so you gotta commit one way or the other. Other than that it's just a fair track.

You are exactly right about the commitment deal, I made the mistake in 2011 at the Ross Co Fair of guessing, and didnt hit it hard enough, I was lucky to crawl off the track. I flew off the back and I knew I was in trouble when I could hear air whstling off my visor and I was flying through the air pratically horizontlly off the back of the bike I am getting better as I go but last years indoor was way to big for me to go for not knowing 100%
the biggest thing I see now is with ther 4 strokes most jumps are not jumped with momentum like in the 80's they use alot of throttle now im still trying to figure all of that out. Frankin co fair track you could jump with momentum and some throttle, like back in the day It took my 125 race to get me going after I wasted my plus 40 race not wanting to hit em. Funny how the wife can motivate you when needed, lol!!

It's different, but fun. I've been going since the 80's, though not for the last couple years. It's in my opinion that you know and trust the track builder and the way he builds the jumps because it's all about knowing the track before you go out. If you've ridden Marks tracks enough and know how he builds the catapult on his fair races, this it is basically the same, just a little bigger, so you gotta commit one way or the other. Other than that it's just a fair track.

Great racing all night! I'm glad I made the drive out. The dirt looked amazing, and even had multiple deep ruts in one of the corners.

Yea, that rut was so deep it cost me big, I got my shifter hung in nuetral in that rut after a good start in plus 40, I was right in there till that happend

and it was cold lol!!!! could hardley feel my hands b4 the moto

Back